Trump warns of impending huge benefit to the American people

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017

Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Ugh, you people and your demand for links. Added to the OP.

I'm not denying establishment politicians from both sides of the isle are against this, but the ball is currently in the Republican's court. It's absurd our government of the rich, by the rich, and for the rich are terrified of something that would benefit most American people.

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Although biased as ****, Moore's Sicko explains very well why.

5. Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I'm not a huge fan of his but a lot of valid points are made in that movie.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Indeed. I enjoy watching those "docs" more for the questions that it raises vs the edited content/snark

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Impending huge benefit? He's resigning? :D

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Clinton is still a menace to American progressives because the Clinton Crime family is still seated at the table of DNC politics...because fund raising (aka bribes).

You are correct however. Single payer is also the ultimate purity test for any person running for political office.

Don't support single payer? Go to hell, never supporting you. I'd rather Trump win 12 consecutive terms than support one single corporatist DNC sell out. Stupid hurts, and the DNC will learn this one way or the other.

10. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Clinton is very relevant in US politics now. She (and her husband) have done an enormous amount of work supporting and maintaining the Democratic party itself, so the party does owe her something. She's also got a long-term base of voter support and dedicated hard-core activists; and truly, the guy currently occupying the Oval Office is there only because he has a small group of dedicated hard-core activists propping him up, even while his approval ratings amongst the general public are swirling down the toilet...

I personally believe she can be more successful at this point in other arenas than actually holding public office; but she's paid her dues and then some, if she wants to go one more round...

Amen. It's just a little crazy to keep trying things that obviously won't work, when you can simply look around at dozens of other countries whose health care system does work...

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

don't underestimate Clinton.
    CA seems to be willing to try it.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Like so many of trumps promises, there is nothing behind it.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Forgive him his obsession, it's alive and thriving. :rolleyes:

14. Chew Toy McCoy, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017

Chew Toy McCoy thread starter macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Like so many other things the people want it but the people we put in office to represent the people refuse to do that job. They should just stop this sham of a democracy and only allow lobbyists and rich donors to vote. I mean seriously, suddenly Democrats are concerned about more taxes and fiscal responsibility? I think not. They are constantly slapping new taxes on everything in this state and I lost track of how many times the voters actually approved the taxes.

The other thing that is screwing CA Democrats right now is the superdelegates who it seems their only current purpose is to make sure a Progressive doesn't get in office. Democrats know how to battle Republicans. They don't want to battle a Progressive because it fully exposes their corruption.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

going to laugh when she ends up being your 2020 nominee :D

democrats & republicans are the left & right wing of the same bird. neither has the interest of the people in their mind.

16. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I would like to see a system where there is a single-processor. One set of forms for Dr.'s and hospitals. Then each insurance company covers what they choose or each individual can choose which coverage options they want.

When compared to the auto insurance industry, the HC insurance industry makes no sense. I can't buy a catastrophic only policy that only covers major issues like heat attacks cancer etc, but I can drive a POS 20 year old car with 20/40/10 coverage and be legal. Those 20/40/10 limits aren't going to cover diddly if I hit an $80K Land Rover full of kids. So we let people drive around with insufficient auto insurance, but draw the line at letting them buy "insufficient" health insurance. Makes no sense since as one only affects ME and the other can affect many unrelated people.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

car insurance should not be mandated...................gazillion people don't buy it here in CA. it's a mess any way you slice it.

18. Herdfan macrumors 6502

With the level of minimum limits in most states, I would agree that the mandate has become useless.