Trump weighs in over Steve Harvey’s epic fail at the crucial windup of Ms. Universe pageant.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Dec 21, 2015.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Steve Harvey - someone take this host, please?

PER USA TODAY: Colombians, starting with President Juan Manuel Santos, were especially crestfallen. Like most Latin-American nations, Colombia is keen on beauty pageants. Harvey's mistake gave Colombians a chance to celebrate what could have been an unprecedented case of back-to-back Miss Universe titles.

Social media exploded after Harvey's mistake, with Twitter users weighing in with jokes and criticism — including the pageant's former owner, Donald Trump.

On Sunday night, Trump quoted two tweets criticizing the pageant, including one that asked, "Where's @realDonaldTrump when you need em?"

On Monday morning, Trump claimed the debacle "would never have happened" under his watch.
    “Very sad what happened last night at the Miss Universe Pageant. I sold it 6 months ago for a record price. This would never have happened”

The pageant ran flawlessly under Trump’s leadership for over 15 years. Who is running the pageant now? Rahm Emmanuel’s brother, Ari.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...e-mistake-steve-harvey-donald-trump/77689174/

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I didn't know it was Rahm's brother. LOL.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Why exactly should I care what the Hitler-wannabe thinks about a beauty pageant?

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thanks Obama. Freakin worst president ever gets rahm elected who uses his power to get his brother this job who is totally responsible for this epic error. God damn it NOTHING ever bad would happen with trump in charge. 2016 election can't come fast enough.

5. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Yet here you are.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Only to question the very existence of this thread.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Busy being banned for calling an entire race of people rapists and murderers.

8. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Oh, you're just so existential. :rolleyes:

9. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

He knows how to get free Press no matter what happens.

Harvey handled it well even though it was his mistake. I'm sure he'll get many gigs in the future from it where they can have that intense ut-oh moment and laugh about it.

10. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Talk about an F-up heard (and seen) around the world. It’s a global internationally televised event.

11. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I don't know man, it sounds like it was just a matter of taking a second to read through the card thoroughly, he's a professional and that's the least we should expect. That being said, I had no idea there was a Miss Universe pageant airing and would've never known without this news. I probably just live under a rock :)

12. lostngone, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015

lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

OMG!!! He made a mistake with no intent of malice. He said he was sorry and I am sure he feels bad over it...

Can we please move on!

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

An out of date competition associated with a fella who is out of date with modern society. No surprises there.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

Trump in "I could objectify women better" shocker.

15. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

Incredible. Never a misstep under Trump in over 15 years. He sells it at a profit and what happens at the very next pageant? This is one for the history books.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

The "mexican race"?
    That's some far out science you got going there.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

That's what I thought.

It's always clear who the deluded people are when they claim the Trumpster is a 'failure'.

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

I feel the same way. Millions do.
    They can't get this guy sworn in fast enough.

19. Centaurr macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

Steve should be banned for TV for doing that. Colombia was the clear winner. ms. phillppines looks like regular girl at my local mall. ms. Colombia was perfection. Never did like steve anyway, when you see his show he looks awkward doing it. hopefully ms. Colombia doesnt call up the drug cartels on steve.

20. sim667 macrumors 65816

Clearly up there amongst histories great stories, the industrial revolution, the reformation, Colombus discovering America, the sacking of lindisfarne, Miss Universe 2015.

21. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

It's really not a miss universe pageant until we let other planets participate.

22. dec. Suspended

dec.

Good to know that Trump knows how to run pageants (for the idiots: /s).

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You mean the other galaxies, you self centered, narrow minded supporter of the solararchy. Check your privilege. :mad:

24. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Has it been verified that the host is literate ?

[​IMG]

Here is the actual card he had, how could someone who can read possibly botch this ?
    Only other possibility is he was over jacked on meds.

25. dec. Suspended

dec.

Or he simply was anxious and made a simple mistake that cannot be recreated / understood in hindsight.

Or you can pick one of the several twitters that contain the "N"-word, if that's what you really feel.