Trump whining about SNL

yg17

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
What a thin skinned crybaby.

Donald Trump was not amused by Saturday Night Live’s latest sketches about the presidential election, taking to Twitter early morning on Sunday to attack the NBC comedy show.

“Watched 'Saturday Night Live' hit job on me.Time to retire the boring and unfunny show. Alec Baldwin portrayal stinks. Media rigging election!” the Republican nominee wrote.
More: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-saturday-night-live-229852

I skimmed the first hour on the DVR this morning.

The opening was fine but pretty shallow. He got off easy in that they mainly spoofed his performance, primarily amping up the body language stuff. Kind'a lazy but amusing. It could have been far harsher.

The "Lemonade" video... well, I could see that one stinging much more since it portrayed his his family.

I didn't make it past Weekend Update. It started feeling like homework.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Is there anything trump likes? the paranoia going on in his head. everyone is out to get him on both sides and a few sideways ones too.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Trump is their number one unit of satire. They really wouldn't have content without him.
Or McCain or any other politician... Even Obama!

http://ijr.com/2014/11/206878-new-heads-explode-snl-skit-mocking-obama-schoolhouse-rock-parody-bill-becomes-law/

full vid:

Amazing how when we look at the other side (or the other side!) the other side's other side all manages to make the same whine or tries to prevent a skit from showing despite mainstream media 30 minute sitcoms sometimes putting out worse...
[doublepost=1476632609][/doublepost]
This is just paranoia too right?

Pretty much. Most of them even damn capitalism in order to make a buck...

:p

Reactions: APlotdevice

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
No higher compliment to Alec than to have Trump diss his performance. It means he hit a nerve. Which means he's spot on.
[doublepost=1476642518][/doublepost]
This is just paranoia too right?

I love the tin foil here... pretty extremist.

The headline alone is so ominous - who controls your mind. No. Who has influencer over what you see - yes. This also assumes you're a media "junky" and don't engage with other minds.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
-Lets say you go to your local church or community center or parent teacher conference and you talk about what you think are the things we should be teaching our youth today and filling their minds with. What attitudes and patterns we want to see reinforced in the entertainment media they consume.

-Lets say you have a bunch of Jewish media CEOs around a round table meeting filled with wealthy Jewish elites and they talk about the things we should showing on TV and influencing society with.

THOSE TWO THINGS WILL NOT BE THE SAME OUTCOME. One would about better Americas youth, the other would be about $$$ (and if it happens that it destroys American values so be it)

None of that is against the law. The only limit or push back is Existence or absence of viewer base and what people are willing to watch.

Last edited:

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
What a thin skinned crybaby.
I think SNL is usually generally boring. Who cares what SNL does regarding Trump? There are two ways to look at Trump whining. Either he is incredibly thin skinned. Or, he thinks his audience (voters?) find his whining entertaining. Either way, he is a loser.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I agree with him on SNL not being funny anymore, but what amuses me is that every time Donald Trump tweets it becomes a political news story. He might hate the media, but they are sure doing a good job of making him a cultural phenomenon.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I agree with him on SNL not being funny anymore, but what amuses me is that every time Donald Trump tweets it becomes a political news story. He might hate the media, but they are sure doing a good job of making him a cultural phenomenon.
Only problem is they're not making him a cultural phenomenon in a way that he would want. They've turned him into a mockery and for someone that thin skinned and narcissistic that's a huge problem. He really is a weak man.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Only problem is they're not making him a cultural phenomenon in a way that he would want. They've turned him into a mockery and for someone that thin skinned and narcissistic that's a huge problem. He really is a weak man.
That's childish and cheap. This isn't A popularity contest. The whole security of the nation is at stake this is why liberals should not be trusted with power because to them everything is like a petty competition of semantics.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
That's childish and cheap. This isn't A popularity contest. The whole security of the nation is at stake this is why liberals should not be trusted with power because to them everything is like a petty competition of semantics.
Childish and cheap, please. Truth hurts. Trump is a weak pathetic little man. You're right, so much is at stake. That's why Trump is unworthy of my vote.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Ok keep believing biased narratives from the Baby Boomer corporate media who still don't understand how the internet works.

This will be a landslide for Trump.