Trump will debate Bernie, for $10 Million

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, May 26, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

You gotta love Trump :D

He's doing a charity debate against crazy Bernie.

3. cube macrumors G5

Charity worldwide broadcasting rights agency.

4. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

charity and trump are a nasty combo. there are a lot of questions about the veteran donations. kind of pathetic that he has to make a show instead of a debate. but thats trump ll show no substance but orange is the new trump.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump will probably stiff the women like he stiffed the vets...

...or he'll direct the 'women's health' money to breast augmentation centers.

6. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Edited for civility since everyone uses the deleted word to the candidates they intend to vote against and there's no partisan copyright on file, but it's a very interesting turn of events.

I love both Trump and Sanders, for different reasons, for which there is some overlap.

I wish it were the late 1700s, since back then when two people ran for President and one lost, the loser became the VP...

Which makes it all far more interesting. Trump, by all reason and intent, would NOT want to debate Bernie unless he was absolutely sure Bernie would not play hardball or ask compromising questions.

Bernie and Hillary are not as dissimilar as people want to believe, but he seems eager for him to get involved, likely as a means to whittle down her chances.

Which makes little sense considering how many polls put Bernie in an advantage over Trump, right now... And, right now, Trump and Clinton are so close it's amazing, each being ahead slightly depending on poll.

Of course, a poll doesn't always reflect Electoral count, only popular vote count. Though getting names, states they live in, and who they vote for it doesn't become too hard to figure out a theoretical electoral result. Then again, any poll using 3000 people to somehow represent some 200000000 eligible voters might be just a teensy bit off...

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What questions? He raised more money for a cause then any of the other candidates for sure and seemingly wants to raise more for women's health here. I'd say go for it, Clinton doesn't have the balls to face Bernie when she's only barely edging out a victory.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I dunno. I think the only thing worse than Hillary or Trump would be Hillary and Trump.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Source that he "stiffed" anyone, as far as I have heard his foundation had donated 200k+ to the vets org previously and were on track to provide a million by Memorial Day. He has provided more to charity than the robot on the other side of the line has, that's for sure.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Bernie in good humor announced Game On. But radio pundits I heard said it's probably not going to happen.

11. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump said he raised $6 million for veterans. Now his campaign says it was less.

Including lying about whether he'd kicked in his own $1 million pledge, which he didn't do until this week, after the Washington Post reporter caught him.

Also, too: The Timeline Of Trump And Friends’ Donations To Veterans Makes No Sense

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

so he is the only one that raises money. but there are questions where all the money went or if he lied about how much it was.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He said he donated the money months ago. He didn't do it until called out by a WaPo reporter. He also lied about the amount raised. The man can't tell the truth even when he's doing good things.

Here's a timeline of his bs.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump lied about helping vets more than Clinton.

According to the Washington Post "Trump lies and lies and lies again."

16. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I wish Trump would have asked Bernie to put up that money from Bernie's savings. Practice what you preach, you know? Share that wealth around. :D

17. vrDrew macrumors 65816

With Donald Trump the devil is in the details.

It doesn't do Bernie Sanders any good to go into a televised debate where Trump has dictated the ground rules. A bunch of patsy moderators and a disregard for rules simply gives Trump more free publicity.

But the reality is that Sanders is not going to be the Democratic nominee. Which makes it inappropriate for him to debate Trump at this point.

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

It would be the TV network who sponsored the debate that would pay and all the money would be donated after the debate.

On CNN, Hillary said it was a stupid idea :).
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2016 ---
    Next week, Trump is publishing how much money was earned and what vet groups got how much money each.

19. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

glad he has time to work out all the "details"

20. Robisan macrumors 6502

IOW, more lies forthcoming.
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2016 ---
    Trump loves our vets. Ask John McCain...

[​IMG]

21. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

I think they are both taking a piss at Hillary. Ganging up on her.

22. cube, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016

cube macrumors G5

It might not be completely right, but many people would like to see it. Maybe Sanders would have refrained if the other debate in California had been accepted. And he had already asked for this one before.

23. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

gang bang Hillary? god the though.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Will this farce even happen?
    Will Bernie come off as the angry old man on his lawn.
    Will Trump come off as bullying an old man?
    These questions and many others will be answered on the next episode of "We're ****ed".