Trump will increase taxes on the wealthy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, May 8, 2016.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I think the message will be better received from a billionaire who is paying the taxes:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/08/politics/donald-trump-taxes-wealthy/

As long as this rate increase effects individuals and not businesses I think it could be do-able. Not sure if Republicans will follow Trump anymore than Obama in this case.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Hmmm, that reminds me of a phrase somebody once said in reaction to an incredibly hypocritical songwriter:

And that was in the 1970s. So if Americans have become sufficiently dumbed down since then, then maybe it will be better received nowadays.

3. SHNXX macrumors 68000

I'm severely confused at this point whether he's a Democrat or a Republican. He certainly isn't libertarian.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So the tax plan on his web site is ******** too. Who would have thought?

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

Silly rdowns, you're thinking like a simpleton while Trump is playing three-dimensional chess. He's proposing that we lower taxes on the rich so that he can negotiate hard with the GOP Congress to actually raise them on the rich. Because you know that's what the GOP Congress is going to be pushing hard for. The man is a genius I tell you.

6. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

He is whoever he thinks people will vote for. It's not about how Donald Trump will run this country. Just that he MUST run this country.

(Well, unless the Clinton conspiracy is true, in which case he is a massive troll who just pawned the entire GOP.)

7. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

He's a short-fingered vulgar narcissist.

8. 5684697 Suspended

So vote for a xenophobic narcissist because he is gonna stick it to the rich? Except on capital gains on real estate of course.

9. SHNXX macrumors 68000

Pretty much, except I wouldn't call enforcing immigration laws xenophobia.

10. 5684697 Suspended

He is duping his fellow xenophobes (actually, it's just boob bait for the bubbas, Trump loves cheap labor) by saying that his stupid wall is the answer. Half of the illegals in the US are Visa overstays who flew in or drove through a checkpoint. A wall only stops the stupid and is a waste of resources.

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Those immigration laws have xenophobic origins. The first wave of laws were to keep those bizarre, "pagan" Chinese people from bringing their wives over. The second were in response those "drunk, catholic-loving" Irish. The third was a reaction to the massive influx of "Jesus-killing" Jews.

12. SHNXX macrumors 68000

The fact that there was xenophobia in the US in the past does not mean that we shouldn't have immigration laws.
    Many people all over the world want to live in the US and we are not able to accommodate everyone.
    It's only sensible that US, like almost every other country on earth (including China, Japan, Korea), has a process of choosing those people who are beneficial to society.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Unless you are 100% open borders you are xenophobic. Remember, national borders are a tool of evil, mustache-twirling capitalists.

14. APlotdevice, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Hundreds of thousands of my people, both Jewish and Irish, might have been saved had those laws not been implemented. So color me a bit skeptical of continuing policies which have caused so much suffering.

I also just find it amusing absurd that we should restrict Mexicans from areas which were historically theirs, until America came in and conquered it.
    "That happened over a century and a half ago!" you say? Well Jews were kicked out of Palestine almost two thousand years ago. That didn't stop America and other western powers from endorsing the state of Israel!

15. SHNXX macrumors 68000

You sure post lots of leftist crap.

Please save us that nonsense about California being Mexico.
    California is one of the states of the United States of America.
    If we're going by "original" claims nonsense, should we all move out of Americas because none of it belonged to the current inhabitants? Should we kick out all those goddamn Canadians from Canada?
    Hey Europeans shouldn't inhabit Europe. The Neanderthals should.
    Let's kick out all the Australians, because the aborigines deserve it.

Who built California into the place that it is currently today? Americans or non-Americans?
    What's the difference between Los Angeles and another coastal city in Mexico? Obviously, people prefer Los Angeles for a reason and that reason is that it's in the United States, not Mexico.

16. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Where do you get this crap. Thus is so far from the truth to be laughable.

17. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

First read the contents of the spoiler box please. Second, no I don't think people should have to move out. I think people should be allowed to coexist.

I post of lot of leftist crap? Yeah well, I am the descendent of people who had to put up with a whole hell of a lot of ****. I consider myself fortunate that I even exist, when so many lives and potential lives were snuffed out by the actions of racist pond scum.

18. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    This is part of what's wrong with our country. Why do people need to fit the bucket of "Republican" or "Democrat"? I'm an individual, and I'm an American. There isn't a party that prescribes exactly to my views. I think Trump is bonkers off the wall most of the time, but at least he's an individual. He wouldn't let any particular party or ideology force his hand. I wish we had more people running for office like that. He has so many negatives that I would find it hard to vote for him, but I hope he has some sort of effect on moving our country away from this bipartisan bullcrap.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You're completely wrong. Immigration laws were originally very racist. Whether they are racist now is a totally different question - and I'd say they generally aren't racist.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

I'm guessing you consider many of your posts bastions of truth?
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2016 ---
    I agree with this. It's as if, if you don't fall into an exact set of beliefs, then "you aren't part of the group". Seems like it restricts individuality in favor of group-think. of course, we already knew this from that side, but....

21. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Don't we already have record tax revenue? The government should not get more unless it can prove the viable ROI. The only acceptable income tax rate is 0%. At least we're half way there!

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What if the Clinton conspiracy started off as true but then his ego took over and really wants to be president. I would not put it past the Clintons to pull a stunt like this but I wonder if they regret letting the thing on his head loose. If he beats her in November he would have just punked the world.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    He's a middle-right Democrat masquerading as a far right Republican, riding a nativist wave of fear all the way to the White House.

Someone once asked me to describe why I disliked Trump in one simple sentence. I said, and I quote, "I don't know who Donald Trump actually is."

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I find it interesting that you named three countries that have notoriously xenophobic immigration laws.

The U.S. should have immigration laws. Laws that make sense. The current system does not and is largely a ham-fisted version of 1921 Emergency Quota Act covered in duct-tape.
    --- Post Merged, May 8, 2016 ---
    Yeah, that's why the 1790 Naturalization act only covered "free white persons." Oh wait. No, that was pre-Civil War. After the war it got better. Well, except for the Page Act, the Chinese Exclusion Act, the Geary Act.

Well, it got better in the 20th century. Well, except for the Immigration Act of 1917 that included a "Asiatic Exclusion Zone."

But, then it got better with the Emergency Quota Act and the National Origins Formula, which weren't racist at all.

Maybe. Not.

25. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Well neither does he. Do your ok