Trump wins and protests start

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Nov 9, 2016.

1. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Of course. That's be cause the professional protesters are always available to whine. The best part of this election isn't that trump won....it's watching the eventual left wing meltdown that's going to occur over the next several months. Grab some popcorn and watch the knit cap wearing Prius drivers stomp their feet like toddlers.

I love it.

2. stylinexpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will be interesting to see what kind of meltdown we get once people wake up tomorrow morning. I doubt Hillary will be sleeping well tonight lol..

3. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Man waving Mexican flag claims Trump isn't his president.

4. border terrier macrumors regular

Nice to see democracy working. Lose vote, complain and campaign for a new election. Pathetic.

5. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

She's not the only one who didn't sleep well. I'm sitting here at 5:25am and I'm still stunned at the outcome. I am sincerely fearful of and distressed at what the next 4 years will bring for America.

6. Tech198 macrumors G4

7. cardfan macrumors 65816

Awesome night for America. As an investor, I'm loving it. Huge buying opportunities. A Republican house, senate, and presidency and most importantly, a conservative Supreme Court for the future. The was America rejecting all the nonsense we've had in recent years of political correctness, BLM nonsense, and a nation of offended people.

Get tough. The other nations have gotten tough with education standards. They don't sit around feeling bad, blaming others, inciting race issues, wondering where their participation trophy is, and if their student loans can be forgiven because theyre stupid. Be smart.

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

I really hope people they don't start that crap nationwide. Hillary lost fair and square. This election will be studied for years! I'm willing to bet 9/10 pollsters got it wrong, and by big margins.

9. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Everyone got it wrong.

10. nfl46 macrumors 603

That's why I don't feel bad about my predictions. No one expected this (aside from his supporters). Everyone is just stunned.

11. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

that's ok, he'll feel right at home when he's shipped back to Mexico.

12. MagnusVonMagnum macrumors 601

MagnusVonMagnum

Anyone who actually thinks Trump can or will do a single thing he "claims" to do (like knowing more than everyone about well everything) is kidding themselves. I liked a lot of what Trump was saying (even though I think Trump himself is a dangerous megalomaniac and ignorant on almost every subject he claims to be a genius on), but the problem is that he was just saying whatever he had to say to get elected and the things he promises are more or less pipe dreams. The Republicans have no interest in getting rid of trade agreements. If they had wanted a wall, they would have built it under Bush. Trump can do little on his own and honestly, I don't think he cares one way or the other about doing a single damn thing he said he'd do because all he really wants is constant media attention. Now he has his feather in his cap, he will do nothing or worse yet put Putin in charge of the country (he apparently owes a lot of money to Russia). Putin is now free to take over whatever former Soviet countries he wants to. Trump has pretty much already said he won't defend them and ignore NATO treaties. Putin must be dancing in the street right now.

All I can say is the America will get whom they voted for. The will not get what what they voted for because they are delusional and voted for someone who thinks it's OK to grope women, make fun of people with disabilities, claim elections are rigged before they happen (that he won so it must be rigged) and generally make an ass out of himself on TV constantly. People's memories are short it seems. Let's see how you like dealing with 40 TRILLION in new debt under the so-called "Trump Plan" because that is what the numbers say will happen after he gifts the top 1% with another MASSIVE TAX CUT (making Bush's tax cut look small) that puts that debt on the country and leaves the Middle Class paying for it (what's left of it). Anyone who thinks jobs are magically going to come back to the US when we have to compete against sweatshop labor in 3rd world countries is kidding themselves unless we turn the US into a 3rd world country to compete. Let's see what you think in four years. I don't like Clinton at all, but Trump is downright dangerous. Megalomaniacs don't exactly have the best history of leadership.

13. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Looks good on the DNC after the **** they pulled.

IMO neither candidate was a good choice.

Time to make the best of it.

14. smellysox8 macrumors regular

Protests/BLM and people sick of their **** is what got Trump elected.

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Pictures look like a bunch of Occupy kiddies.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

I respect your grace in defeat, but we all knew he would win.
    Everyone knew what was up.

You should by now realize that the msm was lying to you.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

And will continue to lie.

18. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Protests at this point are a stupid, and counterproductive, waste of time. I'm sure there will be some feelings of recrimination too: Apparently African-American turn-out was down, as was the youth vote. Blaming them for not showing up election day isn't going to be very helpful.

I do have to say I feel some (legitimate, in my opinion) anger at Julian Assange; Wikileaks; the Russian troll army; and the endless Congressional investigations. They managed to turn a dedicated and skilled politician in a master criminal. Congratulations, right-wing conspiracists - you finally took a Clinton down.

But beyond that, I do think Democrats have to do a better job of explaining what they stand for, and what they mean to the average American. I think I know - but I never heard a very effective summation for that. The Democratic Convention was great - but most voters have neither the time nor the inclination to sit through that.

19. unlinked macrumors 6502a

If people feel the only response to their concerns is an insult then it is pretty difficult to win them over. Shaming will only go so far.

20. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

People should be protesting. If I was currently in the states I would be out there too. Such a disgrace. Hillary won the popular vote. Why are we still deciding the election with an antiquated system. It should be based on popularity.

21. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I don't think his supporters even expected this, except for the few here, but I was just assuming they were trolling and having fun. :D
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    Would you be saying the same thing if Trump won the popular vote and lost the electoral vote? Nope.

22. I7guy macrumors G5

That's what I said 8 years ago.

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

If they're white, armed and occupy/vandalize a Government facility it'll be okay - but if they're of color and loot a CVS we'll call in the National Guard.