Trump wins Nevada primary in less than a minute.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AdonisSMU, Feb 23, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

wow! What a KING! I still disagree with him on encryption.

2. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

He'll win the nomination easily. The other candidates have all wasted their time. This is coming from a Sanders supporter.

3. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Basically! I don't know why the are even bothering. Ted Cruz is a sleaze. Rubio isn't ready for the job.

4. APlotdevice, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The thing about politicians is that they are actually representing other people. Those "people" may only be oil tycoons or wall street bankers, but still that representation limits what they can say and do. Trump is NOT a politician. The only person he represents is his own narcissistic self. Do you think he actually cares how this country is run? **** no! The man just wants to raise his social standing. He may be a billionaire, but he's still not even among the top 100 richest people in the world. Being President would make him the single most important man in the world, and ensure his name in the history books. Trump will whore himself for that prize.

5. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

To think it is all about prestige is just crazy. You can look up videos from almost 20 years ago where he talks about politics and the good he could do for this country with his ideas. Citing that he is not even in the top 100 explains your point of view and your rating system, not his.

This one went just like SC, quick! Get use to it. Sorry if he does not meet your qualifications, the rest of the country does not agree with you.

6. APlotdevice, Feb 23, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

And exactly what policy position was Mr Trump laying out when he cited a dubious legend of General Pershing executing 49 men with bullets dipped in pigs blood, misrepresenting it as historical fact?

Whatever policies Trump laid out 20 years ago aren't what are driving voters to the polls. It's his rhetoric. Rhetoric which has some disturbingly fascist and warmongering undertones.

"The rest of the country"? I'm pretty sure we're still going through the primaries.

7. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Did you just get bullet points from a slanted media source that you need this explained to you? Watch the video. If you cannot conclude that his stance is to be tough and vigilant then I can't help you.

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Oh give me a break. I know Trump has given some political stances in the distant past. Some of which conservative voters might not agree with if they actually knew. This is NOT what is driving his poll numbers. What is driving people to vote for Trump, at least in the Republican primary, is his rhetoric! Rhetoric which goes far beyond just "tough", straight into the realm of fascism. Trump is appealing to the absolute worst aspects of humanity.

9. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

You are entitled to your opinion but I can tell you with certainty that you do not understand the Trump supporter, they are much more aware than you know. Rhetoric, really, come on, that is so last month, that's just personality, personality that people obviously like.

10. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Any person in position of power has a little narcissistic touch in their ego. Trump was ridiculed from the get go even before his announcement for the presidency, and is constantly misquoted by MSM to portray him as an extremist and racist. It is no surprise that the left and the right good old boys club is afraid of him, as their sycophants MSM try in vain to destroy his chances.

He is far from being a racist, I have met him, dealt with him, he is very quick thinking and honest. He definitely knows bull when he hears it though..Genius of Trump - Trumping MSM in their own game, then they give him even more free MSM coverage ! LOL. - never a dull moment.

.He is clearly a leader with fairly good knowledge of politics. While I am sure he has still some things to learn which will come by hiring the best people with the best skills, I am not too worried about his being in the White House, nor am I worried about his motives and his patriotism - which I cannot say for Hillary at all.

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Telling a crowd that he's going to make Mexico pay for a wall is not personality. It's pandering. Politicians do this all the time of course, but again Trump has nothing to hold him back.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2016 ---
    He's certainly not patriotic enough to keep his money in the US.

12. thewap, Feb 23, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

He's certainly not patriotic enough to keep his money in the US.[/QUOTE]

Actually his economic plan is to keep money in the USA - not give it away to enemies with apologies..

Well the wall.. thats a little off the top IMO, as patrols in the right amount with no stand down orders would probably do it.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2016 ---
    He knows how to rile up the crowd both for and against him on stage.
    What I would suggest is to watch one on one interviews with him, even with CNN. His stage persona is different than his off stage persona which is equally different than his work or at home persona.

Funny you should say fascism, when he is the only one talking about having been against the war and is against perpetual war... He is talking about trying to solve the problem quickly and efficiently - terror at home, terrorists on the battlefield, then trade and diplomacy with all including Russia.
    see if ANY of the other warmonger candidates ever say the same.

If you understand the psychology of Trump, he knows what he is up against - the industrial military complex, that is why he says *I am the most military minded person* when he is on stage. He is not in anybody's pocket like Clinton, and going against the IMC from the get go could literally mean suicide...as in Kennedy style suicide.

13. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

The question is does this really surprise anyone?

14. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

we're screwed if any of the republican candidates win in November, but at least Trump will get himself impeached after a year so probably the best option out of all those psychos

15. k995 macrumors 6502a

Its not being "given away to enemies" and why would companies do this?

Or do you think trump can actually go trough with cutting the US of of world trade and be a protectionists state once more? Yeah thats going to work in the global age.

Because before it worked? If he builds the wall or not, its not a solution so pointless (although it will costs several tens of billions of $)

In all 3 he makes little to no sense. Not anything close enough to actually think "this will be a good president" you simply have no clue what he stands for.

Not at all, first nobody can find any (and trump never provided any) sourxce thatshows trump was against the war before it started. On the contrary there is an interveiw where months before the war started trump agreed with it:

Sept. 11, 2002: Howard Stern asks Trump if he supports invading Iraq. Trump answers hesitantly. “Yeah, I guess so. You know, I wish it was, I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Afte the war started he did have concern on the costs.

As for what he plans to do as president (more important) trump has said he is going to hit ISIS "as hard so they wont know what hit them" he wants to force iraq into paying the US back (how else then by force are you going to do this) force iran and north korea to obey whatever the US wants .

So he has plans for at least 4 armed conflicts, 1 with a nuclear power.

If he was against war, which he cleary is not, on the contrary he states he wants to got to war AND he stated the military should be stronger and the US doesnt spend enough on defense.

So if you actually listen if he does talk about policy he is actually completly for the MIC and they without a doubt would love to see him elected.

16. 1458279 Suspended

What's going to happen next will make a HUUUGE difference. The GOP is scared of Trump and the voters voice is clear. The GOP has picked Rubio and that's why Rubio has come on strong lately. If the GOP swaps Rubio in for Trump with some brokered deal, you'll see an uproar.

If Trump gets the Nom, it's going to be his race to lose. Look at the two sides:
    Dems. Hillary is having a hard time when she should've an easy pass. Bernie is making Hillary spend her money and she's forced to beg for more in states other than where the contest is. Bernie is forcing the bad of Hillary out early on within her own party. Hillary's most popular Google word is liar. She's not trustworthy or likable.

GOP: Trump has pretty much always been the front runner and the margins are HUUUUGE. He doesn't have a money problem like Hillary. His Google words include honesty as one of the most common.

The key factors at this point are the FBI and that federal judge that just found a NEW reason to go after Hillary.

How many candidates have EVER won the presidency while under FBI investigation?

17. k995 macrumors 6502a

Thats believeing in the trump BS.

Trump has higher negatives then clinton and no matter what nominee the democrats have they can find lots of support against trump, everywhere.

Trump on the other hand will have a hard time getting conservative voters behind him as he's simply not a conservative. He'll get pumeled from both sides.

Money wise in 2008 the same argument was used that obama had spent a lot against clinton and he crushed the gop in funds gathering in the general election.

As for the FBI investigation: of no importance but that trump will bring it up in every interveiw as he simple has little to no actual platform to run on.

As for honesty: trump lies in just about every speech he gives, take his stance on the war in iraq: total BS . There isnt 1 source that supports his version and actual several that show he was for the war not against.

18. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I think you're a little overly confident that Hillary won't be getting any of Bernie's votes in the general. If she can snag even 60% of his votes she will win in a landslide. A LOT of GOP voters will not vote for Trump, that's the party's main setback

19. 1458279 Suspended

The stats on voter turnout say that Dems are staying home by a huge percentage and GOP is coming out in HUUUGE numbers.

Hillary is NOT motivating her party in general and Bernie followers in specific.

Trump is motivating his party in general and will pull people from Hillary's party. He'll be the ONLY outsider left, Hillary's argument that her gender automatically makes her an outsider is a joke.

Does Hillary actually think that her gender alone makes her a Washington outsider? Really?

20. lowendlinux, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think you're underestimating the right and their dislike of Clinton. I also think you're not looking the diversity of people Trump is pulling from he beat an Evangelical with Evangelicals. Cruz, Rubio, and Kasich are done there's no niche that they can carve he's pulling them all.

It's going to be Trump v Clinton/Sanders he'll crucify Clinton and it'll be just deserts for her but Sanders can play the victim when the knives come out.

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

Trump = unstoppable. Much to the dismay of all those (previously) in sufficient power, left or right, to prematurely railroad a candidate by whatever devious means and regardless the money thrown at it.

22. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Say what you want about Trump, but he knows how to appeal to/manage the electorate. Whether he'll be (or be a good) President is a topic for after November. I'm only surprised it took this long for a guy with a life in big business to see the opportunity to game/finesse a political landscape designed towards those qualities. We all reap what we so (even Trump, too). I find the Questions surrounding the future of the GOP and Democratic parties to be a giant issue if Trump wins nomination, or the Presidency. Fascinating times...what he represents is far more radical than anything Sanders' Campaign is proposing. He just doesn't give a s*** about anyone, it's just a question of in what % to whom.

23. 1458279 Suspended

The old playbook that had been used for many years is that you run to the side of your party for the nom, then to the center for the general.

This is what Jeb! did. He started out classic GOP and it failed badly. Trump is running in the GOP and has views from the start that'll carry him in the general.

This is why the GOP is upset, he doesn't seem 'Right enough' from the start and they are concerned. If they dump on Trump, they run the risk of losing the general.

What's going on right now is they are testing Rubio as the one to come from behind. He doesn't have much time left and the core of the party is at odds.

It's really an interesting race because the party would like to see Rubio, but the people inside and outside the party want Trump. When either Rubio or Cruz gets out (assuming they do before Trump) you'll see if the votes go to Trump or not. If they go in fair numbers to Trump, it'll be too late for anything but a dump Trump to stop Trump.

The advantage goes to Trump to keep them both in because of at least 2 things. They (Cruz, Rubio) have limited funds and Trump is pulling down the delegates. Trump needs to be concerned about the GOP trying to dump him which would happen either very soon or at the final moment.

24. k995 macrumors 6502a

Means little with so many candidates . Again trumps negative numbers are very high meaning a lot of people are not going to vote for him.

If the choice is trump vs clinton they will vote for her. Scaring voters with airhead trump is the perfect pitch.

Trump motivating is his part? What party would that be? Not the GOP who dislike him, you remember he even threaneted when they didnt start to treat him better he would run as a third candidate and give the electiosn to the democrats?

Pull in democrats? what are you smoking?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/donald-trump-favorability-democrats-independents-217780

"
    Donald Trump may be winning in most GOP polls, but according to a Gallup analysis, he also has the most negative image out of any Republican candidates in the eyes of Democrats and independents.

Trump’s net favorability is minus 70 points among Democrats and minus 27 among independents."

You do realise that this outsider BS is just for some republicans? Democrats and most independants want someone with a program thats actually knows whats he's doing, thats not trump.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 24, 2016 ---
    I doubt that, once the actual camapign start TRump will be buried under all the stupid **** he says until everyone realises what a complete and total clown he is.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Yes, I admit I don't understand the Trump supporters in Nevada parading around in their white sheets with Trump signs last night. Are they these aware voters you speak of?

"I love the poorly educated." - Donald Trump