Trump Wishes Porter Well, Doesn't Say **** About the Victims

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

Trump wished Porter well and said what happened to him was sad. He said he did a great job while he was at the white house. The closest Trump came to mentioning the victims of Porter's abuse was by saying we have to remember that Porter said he was innocent.

#nobody respects women more than me

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/politics/trump-rob-porter/index.html

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Earlier today he reiterated several times we need more Republicans in office. I wonder if that was him endorsing Arthur Jones

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

His ex-wife's black eye begs to differ.

4. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

That's what a court of law is suppose to decide.

5. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I guess two ex-wives and a girlfriend all conspired against this guy to make him look bad. Just remember... it's always the accusers. They are always wrong. It's never anyone with a history of abuse or harassment.

6. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

This is just incredibly stupid. Unless you know with 1,000,000,000% certainty that this guy will be proven innocent why say anything at all????? So dumb

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Trump on the news "he said he was innocent and I believe him". Smacks of something out of The Onion...

Alabama Forced To Release Thousands Of Sex Offenders After Inmates Deny Charges

MONTGOMERY, AL—Saying that the state had no choice but to take them at their word, Alabama officials on Tuesday announced that thousands of sex offenders would be released after the inmates firmly denied the charges. “If they said they didn’t do it, then what choice do we have but to let them go?” said Alabama Department of Corrections administrator Clay Buxton, adding that penitentiaries statewide would be interviewing prisoners and releasing them immediately upon receiving their sworn declaration of innocence. “We sometimes ask these individuals not just once but multiple times if they’re guilty of sex crimes, and when they say no, often very emphatically, our hands are pretty much tied.” Buxton emphasized, however, that any inmates who admitted that they did commit a sex crime will remain behind bars and continue to carry out their sentences as originally handed down.

[​IMG]

8. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

It’s an obvious, blatant attempt to vindicate himself. Well, he was accused, but so was I, I’m innocent, he may be too....

Nothing more. It actually helps him.

9. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Ah, President Trump….. defender of truth, justice and the American way rapists, child molesters, sexual predators and wifebeaters.

10. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

This isn't a trial. No one has said the guy should be arrested. Different rules of evidence apply. It was the same with Roy Moore - I think all those claims were past the statute of limitation since they were from a long time ago. So it wasn't a matter of whether the guy should be arrested but a question of his fitness to serve.

What's also troubling about this case is that due to Porter's past actions he was not given a security clearance by the FBI yet he was handling highly classified documents. After all the verbiage Trump heaped on Hillary for her emails and the potential for compromising classified information, his administration seems very cavalier about these things now.

11. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Oh brother.

12. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I long for a time when "character" used to mean something. I think George Washington would agree. If only he could see us now.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 10, 2018 ---
    Don't forget to add racists to the list.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If there is evidence of a crime bring it to court and have the people put in jail.