Trump won't throw first pitch on Nationals' opening day

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LizKat, Mar 28, 2017.

1. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

2. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

He prob throws like a 10 yr old girl, considering he acts like one half the time, and is embarrassed at the idea of doing it in front of people.

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Hey man. Not cool. Some 10 year old girls throw pretty dam well. And have more mature behavior. Especially compared to Trump.

Trump just doesn't want people focusing on his tiny hands. That baseball will look like a volleyball when held by Trump.

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

He's probably trying to save himself the embarrassment of getting ridiculed by the millions watching.

5. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah but skipping it's almost an impeachable offense isn't it? :D

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I am sure it is just a golf/vacation day that can't be put off.

7. Nefilim Suspended

They probably can't assure a safe space with a Trump-fans-only audience and we know what happens when the PO(TU)S is confronted with critics...

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He probably can't hold a baseball with his tiny hands, so you can't blame him.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Trumps got **** to do, no time for this useless ********. Jays are taking it anyways.

10. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I agree with you that Trump thinks it's a waste of time.

I disagree with you on the Jays. I would be very surprised if they made the playoffs.

11. tshrimp, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Does Canada have baseball? I kid, I kid. I don't follow them much unless it is in the playoffs. But did see when they played the Rangers and the mad fans throwing bottles on the field. Had to stop the game for like 45 minutes. I think some of the fans below the upper deck got hurt. Crazy game, and one I probably won't forget.

On a side note...I spend a lot of time in Canada, and it was great to get to rag them about the lack of playoff hockey last time I was up :).

But in all seriousness, is this really a topic? Are people really ragging on Trumb because he doesn't want to throw out the first pitch?

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

trump would bounce it to the plate, and later talk about how he piped it down the middle.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

yes vacations and golf.

14. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Probably throws like a girl and doesn't want that televised.

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

:eek: Having just watched Obama's first pitch ... I don't think trump has anything to worry about.

(and that about wraps up my baseball viewing for the year)

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

It was a little high and outside. (OK, a lot high and outside.)

But it still made it to the plate without a hop. Obama actually looked like he'd thrown a ball before, and he looked like a reasonably athletic adult male human.

Can anyone imagine what Trump would like like attempting to make a reasonably athletic move? Has anyone actually seen video of him swinging a golf club? There is a reason he is rarely seen outside of those horrible boxy, off-the-rack suits he wears.

17. LizKat, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017

LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

At least Obama was a good sport about it. His pitch was pretty terrible but then as you say it's actually a long throw if you don't really play ball on a regular diamond.

Trump should go ahead and give it a shot. Maybe he will relent. He needs to get some street cred back with his base. They must have been at least sandlot players, no? Baseball is... 'Murica!

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He (Trump) was scouted by professional teams in his younger years, im pretty sure he can throw a baseball.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I saw a report on the news today that had a good explanation for this which I suspect is spot on. The number of Trump voters in the area is less than half the total of an average Nationals game. Thus clearly he is avoiding all the likely boos and laughter he would get.

He may have won, but in many ways he lost. He will never be as popular as Obama. Or even most any other President for that matter. That's got to bother him, but he has no one to blame but himself. Of course he'd never do that though.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You guys act like Trump has never seen a baseball before, he was scouted for professional teams when he was young, you don't forget the basics of the game after playing at that level. There's way too much fail in this thread

21. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

No time for this baseball nonsense. He likes golfing better anyway :D

If lefties are pissed, you know Donnie is doing good.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I played little league. I'm pretty sure I can throw a baseball.

23. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah so why is he not gonna throw out the first pitch. What appointment can he not shove around to make room for a little piece of very important Americana? After all he's getting used to saying he can do stuff "Because I'm the President and you're not."

So far he's the fail in this thread. He disappoints his supporters who totally love baseball and count down to spring training while some people are still taking down their Christmas decorations.

C'mon Donny...

I'll even edit the thread title if he relents and decides to do it.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Fifty years ago.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Pissed? I'm not pissed. I'm laughing. Which means he's done bad.

Seriously, what has he accomplished so far besides taking credit for other people's work (job hiring at companies that were already in the works, or that one company that Mike Pence bribed to stay), and sign EO's which any president could do.

Seriously..what? And don't give me nonsense about some vague thing you think he will succeed at in the future, because you do not know that. Tell me his track record as it stands now.