Trumpamucci's new communications strategy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Trump is losing on TV. Scaramucci plans to turn it around.

Heh. Okay, I don't know about this.

First off, they may have to strong-arm members of Congress to defend Trump on TV. Too many of them have either been embarrassed by Trump or are just plain pissed at him for how he has treated Sessions.

Second, the media are not that easily distracted. When a new detail about Russia or a new Trump vowel movement pops up, they'll go after it. Once thing they do not see themselves as, is house organs for the Toddler-in-Chief.

[​IMG]
    Yeah, that might have something to do with Trump's aforementioned vowel movements and his bull-in-a-china-shop administrative style. I'm sure the press could rather pursue campy "theme weeks". :rolleyes: Good luck with that.

Double good luck with that.

Are we to take this to mean we can expect the return of Slimy Stephen Miller, as well as everyone's favorite ditzy liar, Kellyanne Conway? They worked so well before!

At any rate, the way Trump has been pushing all the reasonable people out of the White House, we can only expect him to become more isolated from reality, and therefore crazier. That will translate into even zanier WH/press confrontations. I can't wait to see the media go all Kellyanne Conway on Scaramucci. I think we're a lot more likely to see Mooch "lose it" on TV. :D

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's an unusual amount of media manipulation there. Why is that needed exactly?

4. zin macrumors 6502

That means they are easily distracted.

5. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

The majority of the media will jump on anything that could shed a negative light on Trump or his administration usually without any kind of vetting. The Dems and others have been using this. Now it looks like maybe someone on the WH side is looking to do some of the same? Question is can they.

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I wish I could take credit for that, but I can't. That phrase has been used here before and, I'm sure, many other places.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I know it's been used before but it fits so perfectly.

8. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

The media does more vetting than Trump himself - the birther movement, the claim that Obama bugged his phone, the size of the crowds at his ego-stroking rallies, widespread voter fraud, etc.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 29, 2017 ---
    I just realized - The Mooch is a hedge fund manager and Trump campaigned on taking away the tax breaks that these people get. So he must have hired The Mooch to help implement that plan. ;)

9. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I'd say they are running neck and neck on vetting with the media in a slight lead on "new" items.

10. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Forget communications strategies. I want to read Reince Preibus' book when it comes out.

PriebusDidNotSignNonDisclosureAgreementWithTrump.png