Trump's bad week (end of July 2017 edition)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Jul 28, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow....thinking back so much went wrong for him in the last seven days. Like really really wrong. More wrong then his other wrong weeks which is most every week:

• His press secretary/comms person resigns
    • Congress votes to overrides him on any sanctions
    • Lindsey Graham starts talking about a new bill to limit his and future presidents power
    • His own military repudiates him on the whole transgender thing
    • The Boy Scouts repudiate and apologize for his speech
    • Lost a major major healthcare vote
    • Has a republican refer to him as weak, sniveling and not as tough as his wife in the WSJ of all places
    • Has his west wing descend into chaos and vulgarities with a new hire leading to a paper that supports him to mock and publish a "survivor" cover
    • Has congress people come to the floor and repudiate him on Sessions and Chuck Grassley say there will be no vote on a new AG.
    • Had even people like Rush Limbaugh and Tucker Carlson be critical of him over how he is handling Sessions, and Breitbart hasn't been too friendly either. If you are on the right side of aisle and getting critized by those, you're doing something wrong.
    • Had North Korea fire another missle off
    • 35 percent approval rate in new poll. That might be a new low for him.
    I'm also seeing support for him weaken in general in the Internet forums I browse. There just isn't as much chatter in support of him these days. I have been noticing that for awhile now, but I think even the people who still support him are having a harder time with what went on this week. And that's just the stuff off the top of my head, I am probably missing something! Great way to come upon the six month mark and start the next six months. :rolleyes:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ns-boy-scouts-transgender-20170727-story.html

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...k-and-sniveling-trump-is-not-as-strong-as-his

IMG_4080.JPG

2. samcraig macrumors P6

Maybe that's why his weekly address was weakly

--- Post Merged, Jul 28, 2017 ---

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

At the end of the day still glad Hillary is not president.

4. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

LOL, if that's all you got, his week was worse than I thought! There needs to be something more than "he's not Hilary". I don't think that will work in a reelection campaign. :D

5. zin macrumors 6502

Meanwhile, outside of the echo chamber that prefers to indulge in the drama, U.S. economic growth accelerated in the second quarter.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

Quite sad

Much of which has little to do with a President who has been in office for 6 months. And the concern is - it's a big bubble that can burst any second... especially with a tweet...

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Now NK shot their load again time for trump to worry about birth control.

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

How did wages do?

9. LordVic macrumors 601

amazing deflection.

Hillary lost. Get over it.

now deal with addressing the current administration and it's problems

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

The thing that those people still clinging to Trump need to keep in mind is this: His Administration has not seen an actual real-world crisis yet. No financial meltdown like occurred in 2008. No double-digit unemployment like Obama faced in his first year. Trump hasn't even had to deal with a major hurricane or environmental disaster like Deepwater Horizon.

The crises Trump has seen are pretty much all self-inflicted. And I'm very sorry to say this, but he is setting himself up to fail. Bigly.

The sort of people Trump has surrounded himself with don't have the first clue how to respond to most plausible crises. And what is worse, Trump's reckless Tweeting is, if anything, the sort of behavior that could actually prompt a diplomatic one.

Even Vladimir Putin is bailing on Trump. Just this week, Russia announced it was restricting the number of US diplomats in Russia, and seizing a couple of US diplomatic compounds. This in response to US sanctions on Russia for their election meddling - a response Putin had held off on back in December, in the hope that Trump would be able to "reset" relations with Russia.

Trump's support will inevitably wither away to just Sean Hannity, gibbering and drooling in the corner of his cell.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He could of course handle such a crisis well, but it doesn't look likely.

12. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And a few people here. :D For instance....

That's right @zin just pretend all those things didn't happen. There is no chaos. The health bill went through. All conservatives love him. North Korea is afraid and disarmed. Congress isn't overriding him. The Boy Scouts didn't apologize. None of it happened Zin. It was all just a bad dream. :D

13. zin macrumors 6502

You seem to care more about these things harming Donald Trump over actually discussing them. Congress hasn't overridden him (yet), we don't know if he will sign it. That in itself is not a good thing, in my view. The sanctions haven't worked and only serve to escalate the situation.

North Korea has always been a menace. I don't expect Donald Trump to solve a problem in six months that has plagued the United States and others for decades. It will be an ongoing problem for him, just like previous administrations. I don't think he'll solve it.

The healthcare bill not going through is pretty neutral. On the one hand it didn't get done. On the other hand, people will continue to struggle to keep up with triple-digit premium increases and the exchanges will continue to fail.

14. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You really need to come out of denial. Congress took a proactive and preemptive action because they did not trust the president on this issue. Whether he signs it or not is truly irrelevant. That's the whole point.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

The mental gymnastics is astonishing.

16. zin macrumors 6502

Congress took a typically short-sighted decision.

The sanctions are not effective. What they've accomplished so far is to irritate Russia and now dozens of American diplomats have been expelled. The situation has been unnecessarily escalated because of typical Republican ignorance and typical Democratic indifference to anything as long as it's anti-Trump.

What do you say about Bernie Sanders voting against the bill? Is Bernie Sanders a Russian operative? :rolleyes:

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Apparently, in the nine-minute span between Trump's first and second tweet about transgender soldiers there was some concern at the Pentagon that El Trumpo was going to attack Korea.

He wrote: "After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow......"

No one knew what he was about to announce. Not the Pentagon press office, nor the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I really don't know how the Trump administration will react to a Deepwater Horizon, or an attack like Benghazi, but I can bet that it will be a charlie foxtrot.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

You left out that now the Drudge Report maybe starting to sour on the Orange one as well.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/26/media/matt-drudge-donald-trump-coverage/index.html

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Trump’s approval rating would probably go up a good 15 – 20% (from its current low) if he’d just stay the hell off twitter and stop battling over things the country really doesn’t care about and nor should somebody in his position.

20. Michael Scrip macrumors 601

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He's pushing for a war and will likely get it. That will solve the current problem and likely create several new ones that will probably be worse.

22. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Add replacing his chief of staff to the list. The New York Post cover was right on the money today.

23. Rigby macrumors 601

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

25. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

We have the greatest administration, don't we folks.

/s