Trump's Campaign Asks for Thank You Notes Because Presidenting is Hard Y'All

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
'Thank you' for what? Trump declared his intention to ignore the wishes of people like me from day one of his Presidency. I had been prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he's proven himself to be as bad as I feared. Any 'thank you' he receives from me will be on the day he resigns.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Uncle Donny thought it was just another corporate CEO job, he'd walk in and pound his fist on the table, shake a few hands and bask in the praise of his servants, the American People.

He's done a stunningly bad and embarrassing job thus far, he's accomplished nothing. He can't even get the easy parts right, like unequivocally condemning racism and thanking the families of fallen soldiers.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Uncle Donny thought it was just another corporate CEO job, he'd walk in and pound his fist on the table, shake a few hands and bask in the praise of his servants, the American People.

He's done a stunningly bad and embarrassing job thus far, he's accomplished nothing. He can't even get the easy parts right, like unequivocally condemning racism and thanking the families of fallen soldiers.
Did you see his q and a with the press corp from the other day? No apology. Just kept saying how respectful he was. I mean - most people would at least say "Look - I thought I was very respectful and it's unfortunate that it was taken the wrong way." Even if you're not going to apologize, acknowledge that the other person might have misunderstood.

And Huckabee was asked why this administration never retracts anything they've ever said even when proven untrue. So what does she do? She doubles down and basically proves their point.

Deny Deny Deny. Only - it's so obvious. It's like a child with chocolate frosting all over their face saying they haven't eaten the cupcake.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
The left is too dumb to realize this is an engagement strategy to keep his base energized and intact for 2k18/2k20. It's not about the actual words, it's to see how engaged their list is and also pushes their followers towards thinking they have a direct line to the president.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
The left is too dumb to realize this is an engagement strategy to keep his base energized and intact for 2k18/2k20. It's not about the actual words, it's to see how engaged their list is and also pushes their followers towards thinking they have a direct line to the president.
Engagement strategy my ass. Trump just wants to stack those "Thank You" letters and show them off on Twitter and his press conferences. Ego Tripping at it's finest.

Reactions: arkitect

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump
I think people realize that this is an engagement strategy, but it comes across as pathetic. (Imagine the Obama administration pushing this out, conservatives would be falling over themselves.)

It's like the Trump campaign's media "surveys" which are really push polls with a donation link.

The RNC has become frighteningly effective at raising money, and has beaten the DNC on fundraising every month since at least July.

Reactions: thekev

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I think people realize that this is an engagement strategy, but it comes across as pathetic. (Imagine the Obama administration pushing this out, conservatives would be falling over themselves.)

It's like the Trump campaign's media "surveys" which are really push polls with a donation link.

The RNC has become frighteningly effective at raising money, and has beaten the DNC on fundraising every month since at least July.
This depends on how you posture your candidate, for Trump they want the message to be "Trump's getting beat up left and right, and needs your help".

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Most candidates just ask for money and may ask for a survey. Not a sob story and ego-fuel. A thankless job? He fought for it, he golfs and ****-tweets more than he gets anything done.... most of his criticism isn’t even policy-based, it’s about him lying and whining. It’s like a sequel to Problem Child, if Junior was 71.

I hope he gets a second term. Him being a danger, having no clue of his job and embarassing the country notwithstanding, he is free entertainment.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Most candidates just ask for money and may ask for a survey. Not a sob story and ego-fuel. A thankless job? He fought for it, he golfs and ****-tweets more than he gets anything done.... most of his criticism isn’t even policy-based, it’s about him lying and whining. It’s like a sequel to Problem Child, if Junior was 71.

I hope he gets a second term. Him being a danger, having no clue of his job and embarassing the country notwithstanding, he is free entertainment.
I think Dems are going to be so fulfilled by their anger with Trump being elected that they might forget there's an election they need to prepare for.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
I think Dems are going to be so fulfilled by their anger with Trump being elected that they might forget there's an election they need to prepare for.
I think that narrow slice of the electorate who tipped things in Trump’s favor may be asking themselves what the hell this guy has done besides upped some numbers nobody sees on their paycheck, and flooded their twitter feed with a bunch of laughable claptrap.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Trump got elected because the Democrats have become complacent in their own little safe spaces. Both major parties have slowly receded into their own little fantasy worlds. You never need to compromise if you ignore anyone with an opinion different than your own.

Both the left and the right are preparing for the next election in the same way as the last: going around and telling people that they have all the solutions, rather than going around to ask people what their problems are. And, as such, the results next time will be no different than the ones last time...

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Of course it's an engagement strategy. But it's pathetic. They could have picked any number of issues to get feedback on. Did you read the reach out?

Yeah - and yet Trump always talks about how all the money in the world didn't help get Hillary elected. So really - is it about money?

I never every agree or like (in fact I despise) Ann Coulter - but even she had a point that at the end of the day - Trump is a disaster and is alienating those who voted for him because they wanted something different. Only Trump is giving them a lot of the same. One of the points she raised is that he's spending more time and creating more headlines around his foreign policies than around "fixing" America.

Rhetoric only gets you so far. And in 2020 - he won't be able to blame the guy in office.

Reactions: GermanSuplex

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
I agree with Bill Maher... you sometimes have to sling **** back. Michelle Obama was dignified with her “when they go low, we go high” statement, but if conservatives can kick in the balls, the left should kick on the shins. Lower, but more respectable.
[doublepost=1509063769][/doublepost]
Any comments about his adolescent bully behavior? You’re like his staff, you don’t deny he **** the bed, you only argue about how bad the stench is. I know you’re intelligent, why do you support him against all reason?

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

No. That won't do.

Close, but not good enough.

There we go.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
From the OP's link, this is the original "thank you" request:

You see, President Trump has the most thankless job in America. He’s been tasked with undoing the damage from the last 8 years of Obama’s failed policies — destroying healthcare, halting our economy, and embarking on a world apology tour decimating America’s standing as the world’s leading superpower.
And this is how it should've read:

You see, President Trump has the most thankless job in America. He’s been tasked with destroying healthcare, halting our economy, and decimating America’s standing as the world’s leading superpower.​

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
You call the left 'dumb', but in my view the people who support Trump are the blind following the blind... We'll see what happens in 2018, but things would not go well for Trump if he and GOP members of Congress were up for election today.

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
I guess I could thank Trump for the entertainment value over the lunacy of the hysterical Left’s reaction. The hysterical Left has been acting deranged like a racoon who just licked a bunch of antifreeze...not that this is a laughing matter. We were once led to believe how the hysterical Left are so enlightened and cerebral but really behave as spoiled, closed minded self indulging entitlists.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I guess I could thank Trump for the entertainment value over the lunacy of the hysterical Left’s reaction. The hysterical Left has been acting deranged like a racoon who just licked a bunch of antifreeze...not that this is a laughing matter. We were once led to believe how the hysterical Left are so enlightened and cerebral but really behave as spoiled, closed minded self indulging entitlists.
My hope is that the left is less prone to make foolish sweeping generalisations like that, but people are people, so....

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
My hope is that the left is less prone to make foolish sweeping generalisations like that, but people are people, so....
Like the deplorable right?

LLIF! Lookout liver it’s Friday!!

Live it up. It’s no stress Friday.

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
In truth, Trump is making the left actually look enlightened and cerebral. This is a real crisis for the GOP; a few decades ago, they had some of the brightest minds in politics constructing well-thought-out policy papers advancing conservative values. Now, the GOP has been reduced to a group of self-indulgent idiots only interested in getting theirs from the government before burning the rest to ashes.

The Left has indeed been moving far into fantasy land itself lately. But, the Right is currently running itself, and the rest of the country, right off a cliff. We're about to enter the world of W again, with more endless wars and economic disasters, simply because the Trump GOP doesn't give a **** about actually running the country.

The Left will be all that we have left, sadly.

Reactions: WarHeadz

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Like the deplorable right?

LLIF! Lookout liver it’s Friday!!

Live it up. It’s no stress Friday.
The deplorable? Hmmm funny how some on the right tell the left to get over things - but yet you're hanging on to something that was said over a year ago by someone who didn't get elected.

Oh the irony!

Reactions: hulugu