Trump's CIA head: WikiLeaks a 'non-state hostile intelligence service'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Apr 13, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well, yet another conflict for Trump fans who also like Wikileaks to resolve in their minds:

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...eaks-a-non-state-hostile-intelligence-service

Let the spin begin....

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The government doesn't want transparency. That would reveal the skeletons.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Most of them belong in jail

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

That's why they write the laws to suit them.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Right one sided transparency.

8. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

We have such a population that she still won the popular vote ....

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

And even crazier the orange crayon got elected thank you so much.

10. vrDrew, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017

vrDrew macrumors 65816

Who could possibly have figured this out months ago?

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

You are welcomed my friend. Glad to finally get you guys to care about what goes on

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

A statement that shows utter ignorance for the scope of documents Wikileaks has been releasing for years. Hint: Just because the media only reports on wikileaks when they feel like its a good narrative doesn't mean they aren't constantly releasing information.

I'll await the typical next "I've never actually looked at the website" comment about how "Wikileaks doesn't release anything on Russia" (a line used constantly during the campaign)....despite the fact that if you go to the site and bother to look there's an entire directly of Russian documents.

13. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So I just learned that Pompeo himself has done a 180 on this issue too. He didn't mind when Wikileaks was helping out Republicans. The time to call them out was sooner, during the campaign. Not pat them on the back or look the other way Pompeo. I am so damn sick of the hypocrisy this administration shows on just about every issue.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...anti-wikileaks-now-that-hes-cia-director.html

Yeah, the false wizard is you...and Trump.

Luckily there are people calling this administration out on this kind of BS:

Shep Smith scolds Trump’s WikiLeaks flip-flop: ‘Love ‘em when it’s working for you, hate ‘em when it’s not’
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/sh...hen-its-working-for-you-hate-em-when-its-not/

14. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

See 21:00 min into this too
    http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/episode/dramatic-shifts-trump-doctrine

15. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So now it seems that this administration is trying to go after Julian Assange himself. One day "I love Wikileaks" the next day...

US prepares charges to seek arrest of WikiLeaks' Julian Assange
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/julian-assange-wikileaks-us-charges/

This administration gives me whiplash.

I have to wonder what the Trump supporters here who are also Julian Assange fans think of this. I'd ask but it seems like most of them aren't on this site anymore.

16. DoctorTech macrumors 6502

DoctorTech

I just saw your post today and while I can't speak for all Trump supporters, I will tell you that this disappointed me (just as I was disappointed with the administration's support for allowing ISPs to sell subscriber browsing data). I won't further politicize this forum by listing all the things I agree with Trump about or that I disagree with Clinton about. I will simply say that while I am disappointed in these issues I do not have "buyer's remorse" and I would vote for Trump again even though I do not agree with him on every issue.

With the hundreds of issues that elected officials deal with (taxes, immigration, trade, environment, jobs, energy, welfare, education, etc. etc. etc.) the odds of finding any candidate you agree with on every issue is close to zero.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah when are you guys gonna stop helping Trump gloat about the massive inaugural parade he almost thought he had there for a minute, and get down to the brass tacks of what he's doing to screw over the people who voted for him (as well as anyone else not in the 1%).

His Department of Justice just CHANGED SIDES in a Supreme Court case, NLRB v Murphy Oil, where the government was supporting workers but now is supporting management. A very rare thing switching sides but DoJ said they reviewed the open cases after administration changed hands and this one they now see the other way. Trump apparently thinks no problem if workers must sign arbitration agreement in taking an employment contract; the NLRB says it breaks a longstanding rule.

Man I wish the 1% had used a better shopping app. Trump was the best they could come up with? :eek:

Wikileaks... wait until Wikileaks starts leaking [more?] of what Trump's administration is up to. I don't think that Wikileaks has a "side" past knowing that leaks tends to rock boats, and they like rocking boats. If one likes "transparency" via leaked info, then one has to be able to stand it when some of the bilgewater splashes on one's own clothing.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

you guys? o_O
    I support wiki, no matter who they expose :D

19. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Did the DNC even refute the emails they released? I don't remember that, plus many of them were shown to be true later, CIA vault releases? Sounds like they are just releasing the facts.

The CIA just got caught with it's pants down.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

that was the democrats when it suited them, how many conservatives are against it? can you show them flipping on the matter? or is it just your feelings? what if he just does what Hillary wanted? http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...d-killing-assange-with-drones/article/2603430

I still support wiki.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 18, 2017 ---
    EXACTLY, and the people here STILL voted for them :oops:

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Re "you guys" -- just taking my cue from the opening of your previous post. Inspired today by the baby catbirds out back in my yard, echoing everything they hear. ;)

I have serious doubts about Wikileaks. Anything dedicated to leaking as a primary function is vulnerable to compromise and abuse. By people with any number of agendas.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

that depends on the leaks , DNC did not even bother refuting them, HELL they resigned after the leaks just showing how spot on WIKI was.

23. darksithpro macrumors 6502

Actually this conflicts the Democrats argument. He just said Non-state actor. Before that, Wikileaks was argued by the DNC and HRC camp to be a Russian entity to give Trump the win in 2016. Now that argument has changed once again.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

trump should Hire Comey to make the democrats change positions again :p

25. darksithpro macrumors 6502

The Dems change their story and narrative so much, they forget and think it will help them.