Trump's Contract for America

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 24, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. poloponies Suspended

When a Donald Trump contract is only enforceable when Donald says it is ... I'll pass.

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He couldn't get what's left of his party to try to help him out any more, that's for sure!

In my fondest daydreams I imagine the 115th Congress passing up to 57 variants of a resolution to confiscate :eek: The Donald's cellphone, figuring he has long since punched out the entire Twitter section of 1st Amendment ticket. Let him find a real audience somewhere to pitch to after the election. He pretty much ran out the rest of his 1A ticket on the stump as far as I'm concerned. :D

4. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Okay, let's break this down, from the PDF document:

● FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;​

Uh huh. Try getting that ratified by both houses and the state legislatures.

● SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);​

So much for all those new jobs he promised. BTW, military, public safety and public health comprise, what, two-thirds to three-quarters of federal employees?

● THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
    Oh, please.

● FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
    I'm sure the Congresscritters would be all over that like white on rice...

● FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
    *Shrug*

● SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections
    Maybe, if Citizens United gets reversed...otherwise, in your dreams.

After that, he goes completely off the rails on the Crazy Train.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns