Trump's Executive Orders - Full of Sound and Fury but Signifying Nothing?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 26, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

President Donald Trump’s team made little effort to consult with federal agency lawyers or lawmakers as they churned out executive actions this week, stoking fears the White House is creating the appearance of real momentum with flawed orders that might be unworkable, unenforceable or even illegal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trumps-flashy-executive-actions-could-run-aground-234200

"The White House didn’t ask State Department experts to review Trump’s memorandum on the Keystone XL pipeline, even though the company that wants to build the pipeline is suing the U.S. for $15 billion, according to two people familiar with the matter."

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

This should be appalling - and it is - as it is so grotesquely revealing of an improvisational - and potentially reckless and destructive style of governance, but - in a bizarre sort of way, it is almost horribly hilarious, too.

Governance as car crash viewing.

Sigh.

I'd better take notes, in case I ever end up in the classroom again, having to try to teach this stuff.

If it wasn't unfolding in front of my very bespectacled eyes, I'd be inclined to ascribe it to a stab at wildly improbable fiction.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Smoke and Mirrors.

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

Calm down everyone . just another posting from yet another minor league blog site.The TransCanada lawsuit was filed on the grounds that denying Keystone XL was a breach of NAFTA. Hey if it's a go, it's no longer a breach.

Let's stop it with posting junk from every fly-by blogger, OK.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Exactly. Trump is just extending fraudulent way of doing business into the White House. Take this supposed EO coming on investigation into 5 million illegal votes due to Trump's fragile ego. Not is it a complete waste of taxpayer money, but having a president try to launch one with an EO seems so unprecedented that no one is really sure what to make of it or what to do with it. Then there was the one on TPP which was a huge nothing burger as TPP had never been ratified and congress had not approved it.

Just empty rhetoric designed to make his base think he is doing something when he really isn't.

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

7. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Man you guys can spin anything. I mean there is nothing that is un-spinnable.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Try and keep up. Trump is President now and the focus should be on his actions. Obama can't hurt you anymore. It's ok.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Not worried, and was never worried about Obama. I find the number of Trump posts hilarious.

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

The Irony

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hold on to your belly then because they are only just beginning. Don't forget to breathe! :D

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I don't doubt that. It is still delicious.

13. RedOrchestra Suspended

One thing certain about the PRSI threads . is seeing just how many useless Twitter and Blog sites that get posted here and defended as news worthy . the usual suspects posting all this junk must have their phones on constant update pings.

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

And certain posters question the intellectual integrity of 'right wingers' while liking or agreeing with the click bait.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You mean like Breitbart? Or that twitter feed from some guy named Donald that rages at 4:30 in the morning about nonsense? Totally agree.

16. macmee Suspended

macmee

wait.... you think obama was smoke and mirrors

but you think trump is not smoke and mirrors????

I....... my mind....... I.... Don't.... ..... even...........
    --- Post Merged, Jan 26, 2017 ---
    Breitbart and Buzzfeed are bad, and anyone who reads them should feel bad.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Your words, not mine. I will take him over the empty pantsuit.

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You keep making comments like this as if that's an option. The election is over. You don't seem to be over it though (like Trump.) Stay focused. Trump is President. He's the one you should be paying attention to.

19. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Over it? I am far beyond over the election. Just enjoying the whining.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Trump's? I'm not. I wish he would govern vs worry about ratings, attendance and other BS. And if you keep bringing up Hillary - no, you aren't over it.

21. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

lol

Whatever you say.