Trump's forthcoming downfall

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dogslobber, Apr 1, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, this kind of stuff doesn't look good.

This is what I don't understand about Trump supporters..they keep saying their is no evidence, but thing after odd thing keeps piling up....too many things to be mere coincidence. At some point denial is going to have to give way to the reality that something really doesn't look right here.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I love irony :D

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

The Dimwits have turned into Infowars.

Rybolovlev claims he has never met Trump.

4. Gutwrench Suspended

Gutwrench

The top bold line represents the 2017 bull manure production.

The lower bold line represents the 2017 commodity price of straw. Analysts say straw price has soared due to the recent unprecedented volume being grasped off the market.

IMG_6824.PNG

5. zin macrumors 6502

Confirmation bias.

When you're looking for 'odd things' you're going to find them. When you want Trump to be a Russian stooge, you're going to interpret every possible thing in that sense.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Guilty here :D

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Given he bought a $100 million dollar property off him, that seems a tad unlikely.

8. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68020

dogslobber

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Doesn't mean a thing.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

Stop using logic!
    It's triggering!

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes, it does.

I can totally buy that the plane landing stuff is a coincidence. For the same reason as http://www.mathsisfun.com/data/probability-shared-birthday.html

But what I struggle to believe is that Rybolovlev bought a $100 million house off Trump without meeting him at all. That doesn't really seem believable. These guys aren't that rich. $100 million is still 1% of their net worth.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2017 ---
    Oh look - it's complete bullocks, they did meet - http://nypost.com/2012/01/01/from-russia-with-major-daddy-issues/

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I will say again, it doesn't mean a thing. It is pretty common that buyers and sellers don't meet. Even if they do, it doesn't mean squat.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why lie about meeting at all if nothing dodgy was going on?

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

So conspiracy nuts have something to write about.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well that just settles it.....when someone makes a claim it's automatically true! But yet he laundered his money through one of Trump's properties. And then shows up all over the place at the same time Trump is there. Now Las Vegas you could maybe write off as a coincidence as it is an international hub for the wealthy.

But being in North Carolina at the same time? At the same airport? Yeah, that's about as believable as Bill Clinton being coincidentally on the same tarmac as Loretta Lynch and talking about grandchildren.

Not buying either story.

You have an "ignore bias" problem in that you want to assume that there isn't any issue at all, no crime, nothing done wrong by anyone even remotely connected to Trump and that his own administration is angelic choirboys who can do no wrong.....no matter how many odd "coincidences" and "forgotten" meetings there are.

16. dogslobber thread starter macrumors 68020

dogslobber

LOL. Your sig...I love it: The election wasn't rigged. Donald Trump won the election fair and red square."

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The real story here is the super-rich trying to stay under the radar, with their jets and yachts but apparent inability to share their wealth in a productive way. In any case, coincidences are mounting up - the secondary story. At some point they become a systematic pattern....

18. zin macrumors 6502

Isn't that what you do when there's not one single shred of evidence of coordination between Donald Trump and the Russians? :rolleyes:

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There's is a metric ******** of smoke...

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Irony........!. You guys swim in it

21. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

The chances of their boats or planes being in the same place at the same time isn't exactly a coincidental impossibility. If you look hard enough for patterns they are bound to show up.

My father back in the 90's used to spend more time traveling than at home. It wasn't uncommon for him to see people he knew in airports in the most random places. My dad worked in investment banking yet saw saw his neighbor, an executive for a personal hygiene product company, all over the world. My sister spent time in Europe and in 6 months ran into a friend from high school 3 times, in 3 different countries, including Morracco of all places.

Trumps connection with Russia is entirely possible and IMO worthy of investigation, but that's not to say every circumstantial incidence of him crossing paths with a Russian is evidence of scandalous behavior.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well put. And I'd agree if they hadn't lied about meeting for the real estate deal.

23. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Have you ever bought a house?