Trump's Gettysburg 100 Day Plan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacAndMic, Oct 22, 2016.

1. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

If you have not seen the broadcast today, here is a link to a summary article. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-in-gettysburg-for-first-100-days-speech.html

One of the things I found really interesting was this part.

He just made enemies with every politician in the country. It's going to be interesting what new stories come out this week on him.

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

This moron will just never learn that his threats not only won't make the problem go away, but in fact keeps the story alive where otherwise it might be overtaken by the next political scandal.

3. jerwin macrumors 68020

How the times reported on Gettysburg.

Screen Shot 19.png

Nice use of selective focus! From a photo journalistic perspective, it's frowned upon, but hey...

(And no, I don't think the iphone 7 plus can do this.)

4. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Big bus he must be driving. No possible supporter in the country has been left out from under it.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Four whores and seven bankruptcies ago...

He has the party of Lincoln imploding and he goes to hallowed ground to complete the job. Ford's Theater must have been booked.

6. Zenithal macrumors 603

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Term limits, what people keep screaming for on social media?

Ditto for keeping lobbyists at bay or out of the system, the way Obama realized he couldn't have?

8. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Every time I look at a photo op of Gloria Allred and a new client lately, I wonder if Donald has tried to deter Melania from booking a really good divorce attorney yet -- by the shopworn method of retaining them all himself.

9. Zenithal macrumors 603

Good thinking. Gloria Allred is going to make a party out of skewering Trump.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

And how does he propose he do all this by himself? The most he can do is try to browbeat congress, hoping they'll be so kind to enact a set of laws that don't serve their best interests.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Something that I can agree with. But just like always, he steps all over his own message with talk of suing women that had no place in this announcement. He does it every single time. He just can't seem to help himself. Truly a strange man and even stranger candidate. I've never seen someone consistently undo their own message like this. It's bizarre.

12. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I can't wait till he gets elected :p. His presidential speech will consist of crooked hillary, accusers, how the government doesn't work, and how he will make American Great Again. :D

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Melania is likely fully aware of her situation. I imagine her actions are tied to finances. Otherwise she could find someone closer in age, more attractive, and more interesting post divorce.

14. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

So Trump is going to make congress impose term limits on themselves? Are there really people that are stupid enough to believe this?

15. LizKat, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yesterday besides delivering his "Gettysburg Address" in Pennsylvania,Trump was promising that after the election he would sue women who have come forward or will come forward to share their experience of his "locker room" handiwork. I can just see him deciding he could make a new TV show "You're Sued!" and try to settle with the women while making a buck off them. I'm surprised the hallowed ground of Gettysburg didn't open up and solve the GOP's problem.

Something I bumped into yesterday afternoon, another former head of the RNC has said he's not going to vote for Donald Trump. This one is Michael Steele, who immediately preceded Reince Priebus. So far two other former RNC chairmen have already disavowed Trump. Here Steele is talking about dismay that Trump had suggested he'd not accept election results if he lost.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

she has a well paying employer for sure. but that may not last as long as she likes.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

His speech was more like a Festivus airing of the grievances than a policy speech. I will give the campaign kudos for finally talking policy. Only took them 17 months.

18. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Yeah, gee, it took Martin Luther seven years to come up with his 95 theses. On the other hand I'm not sure we'll remember Donald Trump as a reformer of Republican ideas. He's more likely to be remembered for a long list of behaviors less linked to politics than to bad acting.