Trump's Gettysburg 100 Day Plan

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
If you have not seen the broadcast today, here is a link to a summary article. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/22/trump-arrives-in-gettysburg-for-first-100-days-speech.html

One of the things I found really interesting was this part.

As part of the so-called contract, Trump also wants to impose the term limits through a Constitutional amendment and have a 5 year-ban on White House and congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service. And he wants to impose a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
He just made enemies with every politician in the country. It's going to be interesting what new stories come out this week on him.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Trump vowed after the election to sue the nearly one dozen women who have recently gone to the media with allegations about his sexual misconduct, a situation that Trump says has rigged the election against him.

“Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign -- total fabrication,” Trump told the crowd. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.”
This moron will just never learn that his threats not only won't make the problem go away, but in fact keeps the story alive where otherwise it might be overtaken by the next political scandal.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Term limits, what people keep screaming for on social media?

Ditto for keeping lobbyists at bay or out of the system, the way Obama realized he couldn't have?

Reactions: satcomer

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Every time I look at a photo op of Gloria Allred and a new client lately, I wonder if Donald has tried to deter Melania from booking a really good divorce attorney yet -- by the shopworn method of retaining them all himself.
Good thinking. Gloria Allred is going to make a party out of skewering Trump.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
And how does he propose he do all this by himself? The most he can do is try to browbeat congress, hoping they'll be so kind to enact a set of laws that don't serve their best interests.

Reactions: LizKat

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
If you have not seen the broadcast today, here is a link to a summary article. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/22/trump-arrives-in-gettysburg-for-first-100-days-speech.html

One of the things I found really interesting was this part.
Something that I can agree with. But just like always, he steps all over his own message with talk of suing women that had no place in this announcement. He does it every single time. He just can't seem to help himself. Truly a strange man and even stranger candidate. I've never seen someone consistently undo their own message like this. It's bizarre.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Something that I can agree with. But just like always, he steps all over his own message with talk of suing women that had no place in this announcement. He does it every single time. He just can't seem to help himself. Truly a strange man and even stranger candidate. I've never seen someone consistently undo their own message like this. It's bizarre.
I can't wait till he gets elected :p. His presidential speech will consist of crooked hillary, accusers, how the government doesn't work, and how he will make American Great Again. :D

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Every time I look at a photo op of Gloria Allred and a new client lately, I wonder if Donald has tried to deter Melania from booking a really good divorce attorney yet -- by the shopworn method of retaining them all himself.
Melania is likely fully aware of her situation. I imagine her actions are tied to finances. Otherwise she could find someone closer in age, more attractive, and more interesting post divorce.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Good thinking. Gloria Allred is going to make a party out of skewering Trump.
Yesterday besides delivering his "Gettysburg Address" in Pennsylvania,Trump was promising that after the election he would sue women who have come forward or will come forward to share their experience of his "locker room" handiwork. I can just see him deciding he could make a new TV show "You're Sued!" and try to settle with the women while making a buck off them. I'm surprised the hallowed ground of Gettysburg didn't open up and solve the GOP's problem.

Something I bumped into yesterday afternoon, another former head of the RNC has said he's not going to vote for Donald Trump. This one is Michael Steele, who immediately preceded Reince Priebus. So far two other former RNC chairmen have already disavowed Trump. Here Steele is talking about dismay that Trump had suggested he'd not accept election results if he lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Melania is likely fully aware of her situation. I imagine her actions are tied to finances. Otherwise she could find someone closer in age, more attractive, and more interesting post divorce.
she has a well paying employer for sure. but that may not last as long as she likes.

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
His speech was more like a Festivus airing of the grievances than a policy speech. I will give the campaign kudos for finally talking policy. Only took them 17 months.
Yeah, gee, it took Martin Luther seven years to come up with his 95 theses. On the other hand I'm not sure we'll remember Donald Trump as a reformer of Republican ideas. He's more likely to be remembered for a long list of behaviors less linked to politics than to bad acting.

Reactions: thekev