Trumps great reaction to 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Eraserhead, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

i saw this video of trumps reaction to 9/11 today. He had the tallest building in lower Manhattan and that was the most important thing -

2. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Sigh I’m not a trump fan but he did not say that was the important thing. He mentioned it as an aside which is something he does basically all the time. And he didn’t say some people did something as if it were nothing.

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

She said they were terrorists a few minutes earlier.

4. russell_314 macrumors 6502

russell_314

Trump speaks off the cuff unlike politicians who speak from a Teleprompter and pay people to write what they say. The media has gone through hundreds of hours of video and audio of him before he was president just to find anything they could use or take out of context. They haven't done this with other presidents. I'm not against hating trump but at least have a logical reason

5. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Let me guess.. (have not read)... It's stupid?

6. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It’s literally the whole piece. There’s nothing to take out of context.

7. Krayzkat Suspended

If Trump said anything that most people think he shouldn’t have said, the general consensus these days is just to say he was ‘only joking’. This can be applied to anything.

8. Eraserhead thread starter macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Joking on 9/11. That’s dark.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You must be new to politics if you think past comments haven't been used against a previous Presidents or any politicians.

10. samcraig macrumors P6

Wrong. Maybe you're just being made aware of some of the awful things he's said. But as someone who lives in NYC, we were disgusted then when he made the comment about having the tallest building.

11. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

trump is a stupid poor person's impression of what a smart rich person is.

And it's all a lie as he's neither smart, nor rich.

12. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I think people need to accept the fact that there is a group of voters (somewhere between 35 and 45 percent) who do not care that Trump is a monster. He’s their monster, and that’s all they care about.

13. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

Actually I've heard it's closer to 26% who cling to him like a drunk to a light pole. They know he's evil and petty, and apparently love him more as he is coming more and more unglued.

It's the millions of self proclaimed religious people that follow him that have me concerned. 'Churches' are stockpiling weapons to 'defend their religion', and that could be a larger source of trump's 'storm troopers'. Hitler did say, repeatedly, that he was 'on a mission from God'. There are videos of school children singing songs about Hitler being their 'saviour'.

It's going to get a hell of a lot worse before it gets any better I'm afraid.

14. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

It’s worse than stupid, it’s a narcissist without filters and perspective, constantly promoting himself with no clue what an appropriate comment based on the circumstances would be. It’s as if Lyndon Johnson after the Kennedy Assassination, said, “we’ll it’s not all bad, I’m now President!”.

But in reality it’s “we’ve had a terrible tragedy in NYC, the WTC has collapsed in a terrorist attack killing 3000 people, Mr Trump you have a building down town, what is your reaction?”
    “Well it’s tough Don, there is 2’ of debrey in the streets, but my building in down town NYC is now the tallest!”
    He might as well have said, “so it's not all bad, it could have been my building, but it was’nt so now I’m number one!” :oops:

This is one sick ****, and it’s utterly amazing the excuses being made for His benefit to support people’s politics, ends justifying the means. And in my mind, Trump is a terrible end to sell your ethics for.

15. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

What was taken out of context? The first thing he mentioned was how tall his building was.

16. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

'Out of context', is trump playing the role he loves to play: victim...

17. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

18. hawkeye_a, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019

hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

Don’t forget, President Trump is a rich, successful, Republican white male, so it’s ok to scrutinize and criticize everything he says and does (and to make up stuff as well like the witch hunt).

If he were a democrat, anti-semite, black and muslim he would get a free pass for anything he says.

Just the way things are, i suppose. Holding everyone up to the same standards is impossible these days apparently.

19. PinkyMacGodess, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019

PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

9/11/2001 was a disaster, and a massive failure of the Bush administration's intelligence system. How could a massive attack like that be completely missed by 'the most powerful nation on the planet'. That part still gets me.

Even with rumours of staff people being warned about flying commercial, the '9/11 Commission' couldn't find any culpability.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but there were a hell of a lot of questions not answered and a hell of a lot of things the right wing gained after it happened.

And butt head comments? GW Bush joked about 'hitting the trifecta' after 9/11. Really? And look how government and the public changed. The lumbering behemoth DHS was created as if on order from central casting to soak up as much tax payer money as possible to further bankrupt the country.

But I digress. A lot of asses said a lot of really nasty things, and they are still out there saying really nasty things. (Pat Robertson blaming gays?)

If I was president, I wouldn't have been proud of 9/11 happening on my watch, and my political party sure shouldn't have celebrated it as an indication of how well it manages foreign policy. It was an abject total failure of government to keep us safe. Anything else is just sick politicking...
    --- Post Merged, Apr 14, 2019 ---
    You aren't, so my should others. I really get irritated when people throw the 'AS' label around. Friends of mine visited Israel and were disgusted to see younglings partying and celebrating the bombs and missiles striking in the Palestinian areas. They got a whole new appreciation for the nastiness of the situation. There are no innocents in that area, but there are a lot of bad things happening that need to be stopped.

And trump is the poster child for 'too big to jail'. He's got a lot of friends in dark places.

20. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

He mostly talked about "Vorsehung" which roughly translates to fate, Christian religion wasn't really part of the Nazi concept, but it was used when deemed practical.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

I said this in another thread. Her comments weren't appropriate. However Trump's pin video tweet is disgusting and he has no high ground here.

22. Krayzkat Suspended

Well technically he boasted about having the high ground after the twin towers collapsed

23. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Well, this is your perspective. Don’t get yourself confused, we have Republicans giving Trump the free pass, every day. But that is simply not the case for Democrats. Look at the Me Too movement, Democrats are gleefully in some cases roasting their own, even when it’s not appropriate. My example is Al Franken.

24. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

And Joe Biden.

And I'm ignoring this thread now. I've been thumped too often here for political views. Enjoy...

25. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Not any worse then "People that did something". Let's focus on the real issues.