Trump's Hotels Offer Child Care - Just Not How He Thinks...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 15, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

At a November forum in Iowa, Trump said more businesses should provide child care for their employees, and pointed to programs at his own hotels as shining examples of such benefits.

The Republican presidential contender once bragged about how he provides with staffers with on-site childcare — first-rate programs that give kids a safe place to play, learn and even enjoy “kiddie cocktails” while their parents work — but employees now claim such programs are exclusively for the people who pay to stay at his hotels.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-child-care-programs-guests-article-1.2748389

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The guy is unbelievable. Grasps at straws in free association style -- oh day care, think i saw one in my place, yeah we do daycare... i'll do daycare everywhere, make daycare great again.

Wait until he's in the debates and Clinton seems to mention child care in passing. This is a subject she has spent a lot of time on in real life.

imageVictorMouseTrap.jpg

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

He's the gift that keeps on giving.... like VD

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well at least when the press goes after facts related to Trump's blathering, they've apparently now realized they should skip Katrina Pierson and go right to house counsel. Jill Martin, while still blathering, at least did not claim any of Trump's businesses ACTUALLY and FACTUALLY provide child care for employees.

From the linked piece provided by the OP:

Asked directly whether Trump's businesses offered child care to employees, his presidential campaign responded with a statement from Jill Martin, vice president and assistant general counsel at the Trump Organization.

"The Trump Organization is very proud of the family-friendly environment it fosters throughout its portfolio," she said. "The policies and practices allowing employees to enjoy a healthy work-life balance vary from property to property. We take an individualized approach to helping employees manage family and work responsibilities."
    Don't think Katrina Pierson could have pulled that off. Ms. Martin definitely earning her pay.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. Robisan macrumors 6502

Ironic since the owner is a child in need of care...

7. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

Like Hillary?

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

20 times worse. he can't even keep track of his lies and he lies to both sides in the same sentence. he make Hillary look like a duffer when it comes to lying.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

She's not even in his league.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's only mostly true. He did tell his supporters at a rally the other day that he was having troubles in Utah. I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. :D

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah we can dock him a little for understating the case, though. His standing in Utah is horrendous compared to what Republicans usually garner in that state.

It's all about Mormons' historical experience of persecution for religious belief inside the USA. As a result, they look with trepidation at Trump's proposals to put special strictures on Muslims as a group. There are other religions that have experienced prejudice here in the USA, but the Mormons were formally threatened with extermination by the governor of Missouri in the fall of 1838 if they didn't leave the state. It took until 1976 for Missouri to say sorry.

If Trump doesn't get by now why he can forget about Utah, he gets another tickmark in the hopeless dunce box.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't think it's that. I think they are repulsed by his lack of morals and Twitter trolling more than anything.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Doubtless assorted morality issues and at least the last of the links below details a lot of them. Nonetheless there has been plenty reporting about Mormons (and the LDS church) expressing revulsion over the idea of singling out groups for deportation or restriction of immigration just because of being in those groups -- and how that stems from their own history of having been persecuted in the USA for their religion, and their own recent history of favoring immigration reform and compassionate immigration policies.

16. lowendlinux, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016

lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I really don't want to guess what Mormons are thinking when we have a couple here that will tell us their thoughts.

17. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

What proof do you have there are a lack of morals? If you want a lack of morals, look at Obama and Hillary!

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

How are Obama and Hilary immoral?

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much

20. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

How is Trump immoral? I don't see it!

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Not paying small businesses, his views on torture, his prejudice etc. Etc.

22. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Interesting that a thread about Trump not really having a clue about what his organization does or doesn't has turned into a question on morality.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Lies 72 times in a hour promises both sides something different won't come clean with his taxes calls people names and bullies them like a child.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Damn...I know people see what they want to see, but wow. Is it willful ignorance or are you really that much out of the loop?

Scamming people out of their money in a fraudulent "university" is immoral.
    Short paying invoices just because he thinks he can get away with it, is immoral.
    Cheating on your wife, is immoral.
    Making jokes about dating your daughter or her boob size seems pretty immoral to me too. At the very least it is gross.

25. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

I suffer (or is it am blessed?) with blindness of convenience