Trump's Hyperbole and Victim Mentality

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Apr 15, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

If it happens to Trump - it will happen to everyone. If one lawyer - who is in the middle of everything right now has his office raided, then EVERY lawyer is unsafe. His base eats this up, don't they?

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 9.29.41 AM.png

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I'm a lawyer. I'm not concerned. (I also don't help any of my clients commit crimes.)

3. Rum_Becker Suspended

You just killed me, I needed that laugh!

4. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

"Attorney Client privilege is now a thing of the past."
    Ignoring the questionable use of capital letters by the very stable genius, this is just another Trump lie. Have we reached 3,000 yet?

"I have many lawyers."
    Yeah, and you need them.

"They are probably wondering when their offices, and even their homes, are going to be raided..."
    Only if they were involved with you in illegal activity.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

His latest whine. So much whining. I hope he realizes that he has a lot more issues to deal with then what any one or 5 polls say about his popularity. Popularity isn't a legal defense...

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 4.12.18 PM.png

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Checking the polls everyday, just trying to find the scattered days when he pops above 50%.

7. Zenithal macrumors 604

I had a good chuckle a couple weeks back when I found out the law firm we retain for our outside counsel declined him as a client.

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

He's obsessed with his ratings.

And, I'll say again that Rasmussen is odd. The RCP average, compiled by comparing multiple polls shows Trump's spread at 12.3 percent.

Rasmussen shows a -1 difference, but Gallup is at -16 and ABCNews/WashingtonPost is at -10. The median between the polls is -13—after excising Rasmussen and Reuters/Ipsos—so why is Rasmussen so different?

I suspect their methodology is dodgy.

9. Zenithal macrumors 604

Your suspicions are well founded in logic, Watson. Rasmussen polls rely on dodgy and vague questioning that can be misread quite easily. Which is sad because the brains behind the organization is a very intelligent man who isn't partisan.

10. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Skip to 8:03 if you want to get directly to the tweet

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

He clearly views his job as a reality show.

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

He views his life as a reality show.

13. GermanSuplex, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018

GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

He has been tweeting around the clock, about anything and everything, from Comey to Stormy Daniels to meetings to a Barbara Bush tribute with the wrong date on it..... This one is great though;

[​IMG]

Lol, are you kidding me? So was he lying to Lester Holt then, or is he lying now? This guy cannot, will not stop LYING!

"I was gonna fire him regardless of the recommendation".
    "And in fact when I decided to just do it I said to myself, I said, “You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should’ve won.”

14. Gutwrench, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018

Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

The first sentence gave me a chuckle too.

15. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Given his orange-colored face, with white bags, he’s a reality joke.

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I was reading a Popular Science article about the relative intelligence of animals compared to humans and read about the Dunning- Kruger effect. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect), in essence, people of limited abilities tend to over estimate how competant they are. My gosh Trump, and much of the GOP leadership in a nutshell, maybe some minions too. The term used is illusionary superiority. For Trump, I don’t know how this ties in with his personality disorder. :oops:

I assume that criminal probes to some degree trump attorney client privaledge. In other words, your ACP is not a license to steal, or a blanket of protection when criminality is involved, correct?

17. RedKite macrumors regular

RedKite

Yes we have all noticed how much of a victim DJT wants to be.... it’s quite strange! He’s supposed to be an ‘alpha male’ (a term about social skills of wolves that has been debunked by the dude that penned the term).... a tough guy.... and yet he evaded the army, he sobs and moans about being persecuted. You know what I’ll leave it to other people to fill in the wimpish things he has done as I don’t know as much about him as others

18. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Why?

19. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Why? Because I have a keen sense of humor.

20. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Y'all know that saying, "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Dunno who said it first, but I first read it in one of Mark Twain's work.

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's often attributed to Twain, but the quote has several sources and Twain credited Benjamin Disraeli in his autobiography.