Trumps 'insanity'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Galacticos, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

There have been a lot of accusations made about trumps mental state.

I just wonder if people are looking at his behavioural tendencies from the wrong angle.

Trump was not elected despite not behaving like a politician. He was elected because he doesn't behave like a politician (secondary to policies of course). So are we really now supposed to be shocked or appalled that he gets up and gives a press conference like a conversation?

i can at least see the argument for trump when you consider candor vs policies for Obama and then for trump. Policies and law are what define a president, not how charming they are. I can see the voters position

It's not to say trump hasn't said some things that don't pass the smell test, but his policies are what the public want.

2. 0007776 Suspended

Just because people are stupid enough to elect someone because he has a mental illness doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

I believe people who claim Trump is mentally ill are mentally ill.

4. Galacticos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

At the least it's disingenuous to say he has a mental illness, at most buying into left wing agenda to sabotage the presidency. You don't have to like him or his policies but be fair in your arguments

5. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

I am becoming ever less accepting that Trump is not acting like a politician. Based on his performance so far, I believe he is acting very much like all politicians. He tries to deflect from honest questions by going off on tangents. Many times not answering the questions asked. Very much the same as all politicians.

The main difference I see coming to light, is Trump is less nuanced in his answers. Much more crude, but none the less, even less substantive in his statements. General platitudes, sound bites that served him well during campaighning. Far less useful in governing. We are long past time for specifics and plans on how to acheive the platitudes.

The one thing I see Trump acting different than other politicians is how he will blurt out statements and rweets, without thinking before hand. While this may appeal to some of his hard core base, it is not getting his goals done. Rather enflaiming the 52% that did not vote for him. Calling political oponants enemies, tells me things won't be getting better.

The other area where Trump is different han other politicians, is his demonstrated need to constantly stray from the point of discussion, to some comment on how he won the election. First off he did not win by much. Basically 77k voters in just the right districts and states. Winning by same margin as flipping a coin, 50/50 is not all that praiseworthy. Yes you won Donald, we know that, you can stop re-stating it over and over.

He will actually begin to answer a question, and then flip to some statement of greatness and how he won. The feeding of ego seems to never end. And get a crib sheet or something Donnie. When you lie about your electoral college win numbers, well it doesn't look all that good. And then blaming your staff, because that's what they told you. Well......just piss poor.

His mental disorder is not disabling, but it does effect his performace as a So-called president. Narcissistic personality disorder can be treated, not sure what success rate is in 70 year old.

6. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

I don't care how a President gives a press conference. How they lead is up to them. The important thing is how effective it is.

To me, it wasn't effective at all. All he did was paint himself as an incapable, tired and increasingly cornered animal. His gold-leaf empire collapsing all around him. He's certainly not leading.

It wouldn't surprise me if the GOP are encouraging the rumors of diminished mental capacity. It's probably how they plan to bump him out? Prod him into an spectacular public meltdown and nobody'll question Pence taking over.

I'm not sure he'll survive 90 days at this pace. He's not cut out for this.

7. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Just because people think elected officials should behave like a beat down conformist loser that's been sold to the highest bidder doesn't mean someone who isn't a beat down conformist loser that hasn't been sold to the highest bidder has a mental illness.

Lazy conformist/politically correct adherence is a mental disease.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I think people who think trump is sound of mind are not sound of mind. see easy to say.

9. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

holy **** lol

10. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

That's what the MSM wants you to believe. The rest for the country is laughing at how the press got bitch slapped. That's been needed for some time.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 18, 2017 ---
    And you know I'm right.

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He won't run, he won't win the primaries, he won't win the election, he won't survive the first week, he won't survive the first 30 days, he won't survive the first 90 days.

12. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

He won't win re-election, the GOP will lose seats in 2018. LOL

#theleftisoutoftouch

13. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

nope, no treat for you snoopy

14. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Mental Midget Brings Child Labor Class Jobs Back To America, High School Dropouts Rejoice.

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Fake news.

16. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

What makes you think it's a left-wing agenda? The establishment Right doesn't like him either. To them, Trump is the ultimate "useful idiot". He won the prize for them, but it's only a matter of time before he disgraces himself and they take it off him.

17. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

So then he's not following through on his campaign promises now?

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I was shocked and appalled by trump all along.

So am I supposed to stop being shocked and appalled just because he got elected?

19. zin macrumors 6502

Can you believe it? The people who called the fixation on Hillary's health a conspiracy theory and classless are the people saying Trump has a mental illness.

Nasty people. They're not sending their best, folks!

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Well, I'm not a doctor, so it's not a diagnosis ... just a personal observation. But from what I can see, he definitely qualifies as being mentally ill in my estimation.

If you think I'm being disingenuous, that would mean you think I'm not being sincere with my opinion. But I can assure you, that it's not something being said for effect. I genuinely believe he is driven by unhealthy mental states that negatively effect his ability to function.
    That's a very clumsy strawman argument.

C'mon man.

People want leaders with vision and the ability to move the country in a positive and sustainable direction.

21. Macky-Mac, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017

Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

and of course the same people who were fixated on every conspiracy theory about Hillary's health, pizzagate, drinking, emails, (add your favorite as there are way too many to list), are the people who are now offended by anybody saying Trump has a mental illness.

Nasty people! They're not sending their best, folks! :p

You better get used to it I suspect.

22. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

My father once said to me that the only person who can call themselves sane are the ones who have successfully checkout of a mental institution. :D

I agree with Trump that the press isn't being honest, but he isn't the first president that wasn't treated fairly by the press. If Trump would had just said that press wasn't being fair and maybe mentions a few news sites like CNN, NBC, etc, but to say it over and over again is getting old. Then to treat them with utter disdain when it should be no shock to him that they do this - it's puzzling to say the least. Take CNN for example, it is really surprising that they go after him with such aggression? Answer is no and now CNN has their backs against the wall it's even going to be worse. CNN will have their minions that are in the background fact check every little thing Trump does or says with a high powered microscope in order to find ammo to use against him. I do agree it is kind of funny watching CNN reporters after an attack by Trump. I can't remember the CNN reporter's name, but he was on the verge of tears, for you could see that he was having a hard time responding to Trump's blasting of CNN. I almost felt sorry for him then I realized it was either just an act or remembered previous comments they had made about Trump. Don't get me wrong I don't think Trump should had blasted CNN the way that he did, but I just found it a little funny that some of them are started to get challenged back. (I wish all of them would and I do mean all). I think after a couple of months things will calm down or at least both sides will know what to expect from a Trump press conference. It won't be a surprise if CNN (and/or some other news site) has a person with a computer sitting next to the host fact checking everything Trump says. :)

23. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

When it gets to the point that even the strongest pro-Trump people now start to question his irrationality then I think you've generally reached a consensus that he's not of sound mind. Sure, you will get some in the peanut gallery who will jeer anybody who says anything to question Trumps' authority, but they're seated there intentionally.

Welcome home.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So you are calling me mentally ill then. Which makes you full of it, because I'm not.

Is that what you call someone being rude, bullying and telling people Quiet Quiet Quiet....a conversation? No. This was the raving rants of a nutcase. No need to put the title of your thread in quotes.

25. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I diagnose you with trumpophilia permanenti.
    Mike Pence as POTUS?! But….but bbbbut the LGBT Concentration Camps are not even completed yet!