Trump's Latest Tweet about Global Warming

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Further proves that he is either a complete moron or is trying to change the conversation. Or both. Likely both. And heaven forbid the narcissist says that he hopes everyone stays safe and warm.

Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 8.14.10 PM.png

Also - this doozy
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 8.14.18 PM.png

Last edited:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Trump is just triggering his haters. In other news, gasoline in Los Angeles is over $4 a gal. Thanks Dems!
A President shouldn't try or get off on triggering his constituents. That same president shouldn't thank Saudis for their small contribution to our oil supply. Especially after the murder of one of our own.

But yeah. Blame the Dems...

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
A President shouldn't try or get off on triggering his constituents. That same president shouldn't thank Saudis for their small contribution to our oil supply. Especially after the murder of one of our own.

But yeah. Blame the Dems...
Trump is not going to be like all the other presidents before him. Period. So Trump triggering the ones that hate him, is not going to stop.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
"In other news, gasoline in Los Angeles is over $4 a gal."

Ugh, you weren't kidding. Filled up for $4.199 gal in La Crescenta after leaving parent's house for Thanksgiving. $3.59 an hour away in Upland. :/
This is why I blamed the Dems in this topic. Our prices are outrageous. Prop 6 confused a lot of voters as well. If they only read the prop and not vote because of the “No” on prop 6 making them think the “No” will be a vote against gas/registration rise.

hawkeye_a

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2016
We pay $8/gallon here. Drive a more fuel efficient car :)
Why only $8/gal? It should be a lot, lot more to stop the climate from changing and save the planet.

I think truly liberal states and countries will definitely support such a move(if they actually care about the planet, that is.).

Truth be told, i suspect their enviromental-zealotry only extends to the extent of their neighbors’ wallets, never their own.

Reactions: T'hain Esh Kelch

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Why only $8/gal? It should be a lot, lot more to stop the climate from changing and save the planet.

I think truly liberal states and countries will definitely support such a move(if they actually care about the planet, that is.).

Truth be told, i suspect their enviromental-zealotry only extends to the extent of their neighbors’ wallets, never their own.
If taxes were higher there would be riots...

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
If you live in Cali then you should feel happy to pay more money than the rest of the country. This is the privilege you get for living there.
I don't know about feeling happy to pay more money than the rest of the country. I would prefer to live in another state if I could. Family and my wife are pretty rooted here. My wife is going to UCLA so I don't think I'll be able to move anytime soon, but I would if I could. California has some really high rent and tax rates yet we have insane amounts of homeless and $ problems.

I don't know... Bankrupting economies isn't the greatest solution to "saving" the planet. Especially in the USA where a lot of cities (CALIFORNIA) make rent around jobs impossible for most so they have to drive hours to work. Cars that get great MPG or are electric are out of the price range of a lot of middle income Americans.

If taxes were higher there would be riots...
Exactly.

If more bosses would allow work from home, especially for jobs like mine (programming), just think of all the pollution that would save. But most bosses I've encountered are very old school when it comes to the want to have an "office." For service jobs, no way around having to "drive" to work. One thing for sure, CA's public transportation is miserable (I've taken it).

My $1600 gaming/work PC in 2011 had a 1200 watt power supply. Now my MacBook sips power but was a lot more $.

Climate change is happening. If I could get solar I would (I rent and am way too poor). My electric bill is rarely over $100 anyway (averages $40-$60/mo).

Very few people I know are even aware of the CA ISO - http://www.caiso.com/TodaysOutlook/Pages/default.aspx --- we could save tons of pollution output if we tried to use less electricity during peak output.

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
We pay $8/gallon here. Drive a more fuel efficient car :)
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20070307/133704.shtml
Yehuda Berlinger points us to the bureaucratic insanity faced by a retired couple in Illinois who simply want to drive their vegetable oil-fueled car, but now face huge fines and possible felony charges for doing so. The details sound like they're right out of a bad movie. They've owned the car for while and they fuel it up using leftover restaurant cooking oil. However, earlier this year, two officials knocked on their door from the Illinois Department of Revenue, telling the couple that they were violating the law by not paying an additional motor fuel tax. The couple did the calculations on how much tax they needed to pay, and while annoying, it wasn't outrageous. However, in order to pay, they first needed to get approved for a license as a "special fuel supplier" or "receiver." Except... the process to become approved for such a license requires a $2,500 bond,
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-European-cars-more-fuel-efficient-than-U-S-cars
Joking aside, I get that a LOT of Americans drive pick ups or SUVS or large family cars because they have a genuine need to, and of course there is the idea that people are keen to purchase cars made in America by Americans. I also understand that there is a number of state regulations which appear to actively thwart the importation and use of nifty cars like diesel Ford Focuses or BMW 330d. These are common place in Europe, where passenger cars are pretty damned frugal and there won’t be a single model that you can’t buy as a diesel. Even the Ford Fiesta, virtually one of the smallest cars on the road, you can have with a 90hp diesel engine which probably sounds and goes like a sex toy but it does 80 to the gallon no sweat.
we are basically not allowed to be "energy efficient".

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Contributor
Jan 10, 2012
California
*converts 4 $/gallon to €/L*

0.9303 €/L

*looks up current price Euro95 in The Netherlands*

1,660 €/L

*converts back to $/gallon*

7.14 $/gallon

*sighs*
I've been to Europe - Germany to be specific. It was AMAZING to be able to walk anywhere I needed to and never have to use a car while I was there. Everything within walking distance, easily.

Here in the USA - my wife goes to university (50+ miles from our house) via train every day and I have to drive to work (59 miles) every day.

I do carpool with 3 other coworkers and I drive a civic, but... this type of commute is far from rare in California. :( At least I'm against traffic both ways.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow interesting articles. My first car (2004) was a 2.2L Pontiac Sunfire (31mpg at best) and my next car was a Civic (40+mpg), and my current Civic now, if I try hard enough, can get 46mpg (combined). I get 51.9MPG going down the 15 (cajon pass) and 38-42mpg going up. I'm against traffic so those mpgs are pretty consistent. But I do see a lot of Nissan Titans (5.9L) and comparable engine sizes driving up/down with me daily at 90+ mph. Not sure how people afford those.

Sad yet interesting article on people getting punished for veggie oil. Hybrids have been around for awhile and now I see 2-3 Teslas a day. Always figured that weight should be involved in that tax somehow. My tiny little civic has got to tear up the road less than a 5.9L Titan... yeah, I realize the Titan pays more for gas but... still... :p

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I've been to Europe - Germany to be specific. It was AMAZING to be able to walk anywhere I needed to and never have to use a car while I was there. Everything within walking distance, easily.

Here in the USA - my wife goes to university (50+ miles from our house) via train every day and I have to drive to work (59 miles) every day.

I do carpool with 3 other coworkers and I drive a civic, but... this type of commute is far from rare in California. :( At least I'm against traffic both ways.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow interesting articles. My first car (2004) was a 2.2L Pontiac Sunfire (31mpg at best) and my next car was a Civic (40+mpg), and my current Civic now, if I try hard enough, can get 46mpg (combined). I get 51.9MPG going down the 15 (cajon pass) and 38-42mpg going up. I'm against traffic so those mpgs are pretty consistent. But I do see a lot of Nissan Titans (5.9L) and comparable engine sizes driving up/down with me daily at 90+ mph. Not sure how people afford those.

Sad yet interesting article on people getting punished for veggie oil. Hybrids have been around for awhile and now I see 2-3 Teslas a day. Always figured that weight should be involved in that tax somehow. My tiny little civic has got to tear up the road less than a 5.9L Titan... yeah, I realize the Titan pays more for gas but... still... :p
the GOVT wants to have us hooked on oil, even the democrats who complain about pollution want us to be hooked on it so we can pay our gas taxes like here in CA.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
None of the above changes the fact that Trump is humble-bragging about being "blamed" for low gas prices, and is a moron who doesn't understand climate change.