Trump's latest twitter meltdown - he won the popular vote?!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Nov 27, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

This is ridiculous.

It's not illegal, nor is it unfair for people to request or petition for a recount. But that doesn't stop the President-elect from an insane twitter meltdown. Plus this gem.

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 7.22.02 PM.png

2. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Can you prove that it is?

4. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

Yes. He won it with 290 votes. That is not "a landslide".

And he is also calling out the legitimacy of an election HE WON. Alrighty then. Sounds like everyone is good with a do over then?

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Further - why is he tweeting about being able to win more popular votes if he had tried harder in other states? If there were that many many "illegal votes."

Also as per the NYT (and many media outlets) , "Officially, Mr. Trump’s transition team has dismissed the recount effort as “ridiculous” and a “scam,” saying there was no evidence of voter fraud that would justify the recounts. Mrs. Clinton’s campaign has also said that it has turned up no signs of such fraud or other irregularities, and the Obama administration has issued statements expressing its confidence in the validity of the vote tallies."

So why does Trump claim voter fraud now just because he can't deal with the fact that he didn't win the popular vote? POOR BABY - his POOR BRUISED EGO.

6. citizenzen Suspended

It is the responsibility of those making the claim to prove it true.

While you have just engaged in this (aptly named) logical fallacy ...

7. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

Even Trump is questioning the results of the election...

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im amazed at how thin skinned our new overlord is. And how will he handle being without twitter for more than 10 minutes. I wonder if we will be nuked within the first 6 hours of his presidency.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

What is the matter with that man?

More troubling still, what is the matter with the tens of millions of people who thought his judgement was the best choice to lead our nation?

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It's always hard to tell if Trump is trying to distract people from the bigger controversies or if this man really is just this bat **** crazy.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Part of me wonders if he is trolling everyone or if he is truly insane. It's like he is treating the job as an episode of The Apprentice.

13. citizenzen Suspended

I'm voting for truly insane. He'll probably go all Kanye West on us once pressed into actual service.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He never wanted the job I am sure of it and now that he took the comedy bit to the very end he is realizing that he actually has to do some work. Deep down he is a panic mode trying to deflect as best he can but once he takes the oath of office the ship is his and we are about to hit the iceberg head on.

15. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

I dunno. The role of "figurehead leader" has a long and distinguished history in human affairs; I think Trump could get away with it if he could come up with a competent man-behind-the-throne. (I mean, that more-or-less worked for George W.)

My fear is that no, Trump really does like this job, and will end up applying his amateurish, make-it-up-on-the-spot solutions to every problem he comes up against. I think that fits his character better; he just charges headlong into each issue in front of him. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? Even when he fails, he's always been able to just declare bankruptcy and move on.

I don't think this is a man who sees any true downsides to screwing up a job. He always wins, no matter the outcome.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hey look another thread for liberals to complain about losing.

17. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It's Trump's claim, it's on him to prove otherwise.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 27, 2016 ---

Which is ironic considering it's Trump doing the complaining.

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

Actually, the elected one is the one complaining (again). The thread is just pointing it out.

But, an article I read earlier brought up a good point: if there were millions of illegal votes, per Donald Trump, then the the ballots actually should be audited. That would mean that the election was not fair, per Donald Trump. So, if Donald Trump legitimately believes that there were millions of illegal votes, he should support an effort to audit the results. He might want to actually think about the words coming out of his mouth before he says them, because sometimes, he actually creates the opposite meaning that he is trying to convey.

19. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Ah huh... you're just going to ignore the fact that Trump is acting like an insane fool yet again, aren't you?

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You're going to be in for a very long four years. Buckle up buckaroo, the ride is just beginning.

21. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Hey, question for everyone.

Where's your evidence that Trump's crappy tweets were written, and even approved by Trump himself?

You do know that a lot of these accounts are run by people trying to create crappy memes and whatnot?

22. citizenzen Suspended

o_O

Why hasn't trump denied writing them?

23. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Why would he? Free attention! The more people try to make drama of you, the more attention you get!

24. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It seems like a lot of people don't understand how voting, and registering to vote, actually works.

For millions of illegal aliens to vote, wouldn't they have to vote in the place of legally registered voters? And when those registered voters showed up only to be told they already voted, this would get out pretty quickly, no?

Even for states that don't require "ID's", you still have to be registered and give your name/address. And to register, you have to prove citizenship.

It's been a while since I voted in NY, so this may have changed, but they check your signature. One time they almost didn't let me vote because my signature didn't match - I had waited outside in line for like an hour and my hand was literally frozen!

25. citizenzen Suspended

So then he at least endorses the message. Since it's his account, he's responsible for the content that comes out on it.