Trump's Lawyer and the spin

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 8, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

So whatever worked to Trump's benefit, Comey didn't lie about. But if it was something that Trump didn't like - it was a lie.

Now who DIDN'T see that coming?

2. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You're new here, but you should definitely stick around.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's always how this administration operates.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

welcome aboard, relax they are simply desperate & it shows :D

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Desperate for what?

7. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

[​IMG]

Thanks. I will try.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

9. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

I think we have enough 4chan dank meme posters here already boyo.

10. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

Hey now ... my memes are just the perfect level of dank. Not too much and not too little.

11. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Hey, you guys need to open the circle for an additional, umm, contributor ...

Who is they?

[​IMG]

12. HEK Suspended

HEK

They is the administration and their lawyers.

If a witness is credible, has details, is known for honesty and does not appear to have an adgenda then you believe their testimony.

Cherry picking is not the way to go. It makes you sound ever so desperate. What is Trump trying to hide? Lawyering up, picking and choosing statements to respond to and claim credibility and lies as if trying to make a case does nor engender confidence that you are being truthful.

In addition when you have lied so much, so often, even on little nonsense issues any credibility you might once have had is quandered.

I found Comey to be credible, forthright, and honest in his testimony. Nothing earth shattering, but he has been and is out of the investigations. Based on past administrations, and how they are wiggling like a worm under hot lights, there is definitely more to come out, most likely including criminal acts.

It utterly amazes me that such a staunchly American booster as Trump, can not bring himself to admit Russia hacked and influenced the last election, continues to foment discord both here in US and abroad. I reasoning person can only conclude he owes the Russians soooo much money it's most certainly a conflict of interest and detrimental to our national security.

His son boasting prior to election how the Trump organization got massive Russian loans when no other banks would provide them. Hiding tax returns that would reveal truth wealth and indetitness. And the continuous siding with or ignoring Russian actions. No reasoning person can come to any other conclusion than Trump is compromised from the get go.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Simply put - he wants to take full credit for winning the election. Which may or may not be the case. But ANY narrative that steals focus on his "huge" win cannot be accepted.

14. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I read the other day that many big law firms declined to represent Trump on this matter because they were worried (1) he wouldn't pay his bills, and (2) he wouldn't follow their advice.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well maybe if they didn't fire Comey it would not have blown up in they's face.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And talk about White House "tapes".

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ya, they didn't help they self with that one.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He should have been fired from day one

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

According to the AP, Trump's lawyer has accused Comey of "unauthorized disclosures" of "privileged communications" that Comey had with Trump.

The problem here: Trump waived his use of executive privilege to keep Comey from testifying at all. And if any or all communications with the POTUS is "privileged", then every speech, interview, and statement, including the SOTU, is "privileged communications", which is not protected by executive privilege, or any privilege. The moment the POTUS opens his/her mouth for something that is not deemed classified, the topic would not be covered as "privileged communications."

The lawyer's claims is a complete crock.

BL.

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Really ? Because obama used EP on the fast & furious investigation
    Comey is a LYING POS who leaked memos. AFTER he was fired. Since I doubt he dated the memos he could have made the. After getting fired .

21. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I was rather chuffed that the law firm that represents my business, Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher, denied him. Any business with any decent would not work with him.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Using EP is different than waiving EP. When it was announced that Trump was going to testify, Trump stated that he would NOT be using EP to stop Comey from testifying. At that point, he waived his use of EP to prevent all of this from happening to begin with.

Another issue: Trump stated to Comey that "if he (Comey) would be loyal to Trump, Trump would be loyal to him". The issue with that is pure and simple: quid pro quo; something that should be avoided, especially in business, in which Trump should be more than knowledgable.

Somehow that knowledge (among other things) were lost between November 7th, 2016 and now.

BL.

23. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you want to be taken seriously I would suggest that you direct the same outrage you had at Obama for doing that at Trump when he acts just as stupidly. If all you can do is deflect back to Obama to cover for Trump while agreeing with Trump and saying that negative things about Trump are fake then no one will take you seriously.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Lmao. I love irony. Trump did NOT use EP. Obama did , had trump used it you guys would have. Been outraged

25. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

You are right, Trump didn't. His lawyer just claimed that the parts of the testimony that were negative for Trump were lies. Which was smart on his part because the truth would have eventually come out and by him saying it is lies he knows that Trump supporters like you will eat it up.