Trump's Memory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mac_in_tosh, Nov 3, 2017.

1. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

October 25, 2017: Trump claims to have "one of the great memories of all time" in commenting about his phone conversation with Myeshia Johnson.

November 3, 2017: Trump says he does not "remember much" about the meeting with George Papadopoulos,
    the former campaign aide who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about Russian contacts during the campaign.

I guess he didn't remember that he had a great memory.

2. Scepticalscribe macrumors Westmere

Scepticalscribe

Actually, I beg to differ. Just a little.

You see, I suspect that it is all about context. Or, whether that brittle and insatiable ego and notoriously thin-skin have been in some way, affected by an encounter.

For example, I would argue that Mr Trump never forgets a slight, or snub, or a joke at his expense. Then, his memory (and capacity for malevolent, vindictive retribution) assumes positively legendary - nay, elephantine - proportions.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I would like to see a lawyer go after him on that. "Mr. Trump, you have said numerous times that you have the greatest memory, so how can you not remember things now?"

5. samcraig macrumors P6

It's going to be this simple. If Trump ever testifies - he will perjure himself within minutes. And that will be that. He will not be able to stay on book. I've said this since day 1. Investigation, etc - all that won't lead to any charges. But Trump talking under oath? It will be like shooting fish in a barrel.

6. Zenithal macrumors G3

Already done. It was a contributing factor to why he settled.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-u-lawsuit-deposition-trump-can-t-remember-world-s-n597986

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...y-trump-claims-worlds-greatest-memory-n468621
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    Oh, Samuel, you're so silly. The man is a very, very smart. Just look at how smart his uncle was. Those Trump genes sure are something. I think you're just jealous, Sammy. You'll never be president.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

What exactly is Trump going to testify about? Manaforts tax situation? Or him not meeting with hypothetical Russian officials that he likely had no knowledge of as the request was refused further down the chain when brought up by a volunteer campaign member?

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Another straw man? Or trouble reading my post? I said if he testifies. I never said what the scenario would be.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

My goodness, do you really not read the threads here? For starters he can testify about his interactions and intent with Comey. Why his firing went down the way it did. What really happened with the Don Jr. cover story concoction aboard airfoce one. And why he kept Flynn on after he was told there were problems with him.

10. Zenithal macrumors G3

Yeah, but Hillary leaked emails and Bill got a handjob from an intern who then ratted the whole Clinton conspiracy out. So there!

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Unless there was a crime committed in any of these instances (there wasn't). You aren't going to get him to testify under oath for any of them
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017 ---
    Hillary stored classified information on an external server and then destroyed evidence under subpoena.

12. Zenithal macrumors G3

Good for her! And she was cleared. Clearly Soros paid off Comey, right?

People call Hillary a traitor but are quick to defend individuals like Snowden or Assange. Both deserve a bullet in the back of their heads as far as I'm concerned.

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She wasn't cleared, Comey was pretty clear that she broke the law but they weren't going to pursue.

As for comparing Hillary, who kept classified information on an external server to avoid FOIA requests and freely run the SoS as a front for the Clinton Foundation, and people who leak the corruption of these people, I think your bullet is misplaced.

14. Zenithal macrumors G3

Was she prosecuted? Nah.

Enough about Hillary, bud. It's clear you have a very unhealthy infatuation with her. It isn't healthy to constantly think about someone whose actions have little to no effect on your life anymore. And, no, the severity of what Assange and Snowden did are far worse than what Clinton did. Snowden is a traitor to the United States and the suggested punishment is justified.

15. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

What do you expect from a guy who uses the best words? Hires the best people? Who by himself and himself only can defeat Isis? Did what no other conservative candidate could do, win the electoral college vote (I guess he forgot W. Bush was President)....

He’s a humble and smart man, but even the best memory of all time can slip... cut him some slack. Geesh...

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Last time I checked, obstruction of justice was and still is a potential crime with the handling of Comey. So I don't know how you can definitively say that it's not other than wishful thinking. The fake cover story could also point to more funny monkey business. And Flynn matter could also be key.

I get that you want to say there isn't anything there, but you have said that before only to be proven wrong later, so I wouldn't keep holding on to that notion if I were you.

17. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's important to remember that Trump's election was the bleeding edge of the United States' epistemic crisis, and now, there's the real world, and the upside-down world of the nation's conservatives. A foreign policy adviser, named checked by the President, and included on an Instagram post, is now called a "volunteer campaign member."

Of course, weeks ago, these same people were arguing that the investigation had run its course, and that nothing was found. Now, three people were indicted, and more indictments appear to be on the way, and they're shifting the goal posts to protect themselves from the pain of their terrible, terrible choices.

18. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio