Trump's New Official Poll - This isn't The Onion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Voted! Trumps approval rating is now gonna be in the 80-90% area

2. chown33 Moderator

Staff Member

I'm certain this is a well formulated and completely reliable poll, with questions carefully written by objective scientists interested in accurately assessing the electorate's opinion, within the expected margin of error for such polling.

I see no way it could possibly be just a way for the Trump Campaign to collect info on people to solicit for donations. Nope, simply not possible.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

And a way to see who follows him blindly

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Funny. Internal polls like this are less than meaningless

5. chown33 Moderator

Staff Member

That sounds pessimistic. It'll probably end up around 150%.

6. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

I think that's what you call brainwashing.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Also call it propaganda

8. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I guess Trump just gave the Dems what the Rs can hope is the Dems' roadmap for 2020.

How fun it would be for the Dems to put up a blue dog, a nominal fan of tax cuts and de-reg and the 2A, and shove that tiresome guy Trump into the unemployment queue.

Then have the blue dog President-Elect pop out of a cake with renewed versions in hand of the legislation the Democratic majority House passed in the 2019-20 term that languished in the arms or under the desk of Mitch McConnell over in the Senate.

There's not that much difference between a blue dog Democrat and a traditional Republican. That's why Reagan called them Reagan Democrats, see. But they voted for a relatively centrist dude back then... and to get that now you have to cross the line and vote for an actual Democrat, blue dog though he or she may well be.

By the way and once again for fans of The Don: in 2020 the ladies of "The Squad" --who are the source of a lot of the underpinnings of that Trump poll up there-- are not running for Prez against Trump this next time around. So you're lookin' at this whole thing wrong. Don't get hit by that moderate object behind you that might be a lot closer than you think.

If the warning lights aren't flashing for the RNC by now, I am not sure why not.

9. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I know ;)

10. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Lying Democrat and Lyin' Democrat in the same poll.

Can you imagine this guy's Presidential Museum? Probably located in Atlantic City with a $500 entry fee, full of undocumented immigrants working there, and will be more like a circus funhouse than a museum. Also full of plaques on each display with totally made-up revisionist history.

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The only purpose of a poll like this is is to harvest email addresses. They don’t care about the results. If you gave them a real email address, you fell for it.

12. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

13. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Why do you want to be on a Trump e-mail/mailing list?

14. chown33 Moderator

Staff Member

I'm thinking about filling it out for Buck Turgidson or Merkin Muffley, with example.com email addresses.

I suppose that now, after posting my dastardly plan, they'll be on guard against it.

15. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Maybe we should fill one out for Melania, Jared, Ivanka, KellyAnn Conway and Sean Hannity

16. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I was kidding

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

You guys don’t have fake phone numbers and emails?
    Jenny. 909-867-5309......

18. eatrains macrumors 6502

It's telling that his campaign material doesn't use correct English. If his staff can't be bothered to learn the language, they should go back to where they came from.

19. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I looked around a little there, but a means to peruse the poll's results does not seem to be available. Perhaps there is some sort of Chandrasekhar-type limit to how dishonest a human can actually be without collapsing into a fake singularity.

20. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Lol... he really knows how to fuel the TDS.

Kinda like that hilarious TIME cover... “OMG Trump just tweeted this meme and it proves he will refuse to leave the WH”

Trump trolling will be missed after 2024... but at least we’ll still have MAGA.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's really sad that people think behavior like this from POTUS and his administration is acceptable. No President should be trolling anyone in this manner.

This poll isn't about fueling TDS on the Dems side. It's about fueling TDS and mania from his supporters who would actually think this poll was serious.

22. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

nobody thinks the poll is serious... triggers TDS though.