Trump's not my cup of tea. But it's refreshing to hear straight talk from a pol for once.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Feb 2, 2016.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Oh, I'll vote for Trump if he's the nominee, but when I do I'll be doubting whether he's being honest about his beliefs with America. But then he says stuff like this and I think "maybe he's Teddy Roosevelt reincarnated!":

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says America will be glad if he’s the president next time the nation is attacked.

"If we are attacked, somebody attacks us, wouldn't you rather have Trump as president if we're attacked?" he said at a rally in Milford, N.H. "We'll beat the s*#^ out of them."

He added that America needs to stop "playing games."

"We've become the policemen to the entire world," he said. "We take care of the world. They pay us peanuts."

Trump said under him, the U.S. would get along better with Russia and other countries.

"We can use them to knock out ISIS with us so that maybe we don’t always have to pay for it,” he said.

“Knock the hell out of them, but let them drop some of their bombs that cost $1 million apiece, let them use some of their weapons that cost billions of dollars," Trump added.

"Let them beat the s*#^ out of ISIS also.”

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well this should work to run the military. when I think of trump this pops in my mind

[​IMG]

3. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Other than you wanting to high-five Trump with a knowing wink and a "Va va vooom!", I don't know what you mean.

4. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Don't feel bad. Nobody knows what he means most of the time.

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Teddy Roosevelt reincarnated? Heh, he'd be dead last in the GOP primaries if that were the case. Old Teddy loved government regulations. He also famously established numerous National Parks and Refuges, including the Bird Sanctuary still being occupied in Oregon.

6. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

But he had style! Which seems to be why Trump is the leading GOP nominee.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Trump might be leading because people might be tired of politicians pissing on people's backs & calling it rain.....

8. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Ronald Reagan. Fred Thompson. Jesse Ventura. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Donald Trump.

Being an existing celebrity gives you an advantage when trying to lure in low-information voters.

9. thewap, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Trump is the same 1% as Hillary for continued war against the US / CIA created *Isis* used as an excuse for ramping up war against Russia and Iran - the brain child plan of the banks, wall street, and industrial war mongers, to finally gain world domination (US dollar/petro) in order to compete with China. Sanders the sheep herder will gather the *anti establishment* angry kids, then loose or bow out strategically so that his *flock* will be then forced to join the *progressive Clinton clan* to participate in the coronation of Hillary and her ww3 aspirations while doubling the stranglehold of the patriot act and keeping the slaves happy with hand-outs but no future (enter gun control to ensure no rebellion).

Obama wants congress to declare war (including all candidates of both parties) which IMO will lead us to reap the benefits of the progressive policies by the queen to re-enact the draft. (enjoy it kids).

One re-occuring theme that is repeatedly the cry of both parties during the elections, is the cry for war ...(profit)..for your safety of course...

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

image.jpeg

11. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

At least there wouldn't be another potential Scalia in the SCOTUS. That would be more catastrophic than anything else IMO.

12. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

It worked for Obama.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 3, 2016 ---
    SCOTUS appointees haven't been much mentioned in this cycle, yet Republican turnout is high. When GOP and moderate voters realize that Bernie might get to pick Supreme Court judges, their panic to vote Republican will be epic.

13. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Same can be said for the low information voters voting Bernie Sanders. A virtual unknown in most parts of the country. The only reason this guy is relevant is because he is not Hillary and there were no other choices. O'Malley and whoever else was trying to run on the Dem side were pretty laid back and did not grab the attention of the voters. Bernie got up on stage and started yelling about giving away free **** and the low information voters came out of the woodwork. So it works both ways.

You can also go back and say this about Obama when he ran in 2007/2008. No one knew him and he wasn't Hillary.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Four out of the five names won landslide elections, were very popular with their constitutions, and had very successful political careers.

Not necessarily. Republican/Democratic presidents have nominated some of the most liberal/conservative justices. SCOTUS justices often drastically "evolve" over their tenures. And in any case, we know Hillary will nominate the most Wall Street-friendly corporatist justices possible and they will be easily confirmed. No Republican--not even Ted Cruz--will nominate a justice who goes to their confirmation hearing waving a Bible and howling "I will overturn Roe -v- Wade!"

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    And four of those five names had political careers.

16. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Speaking of low-information voters, the Washington Post is reporting that Sanders got 84% of the vote among voters aged 17-29.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-70-points-among-young-people-in-iowa-but/

What's really sad is that this guy's policies are going to expand the government and create a gigantic debt (upwards of $18 trillion according to the WSJ), and it's those voters that are going to be stuck with the tab! Are they too dumb to realize this?

17. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Yeah, but we'll have a country of highly educated people better equipped to deal with the problem when it arises, so it's kind of a trade-off.

18. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

I am glad that the bigots, the violent racists and xenophobes, the misogynists feel emboldened to finally come out of their holes and tell us how they really feel about the world. You have all been hiding out for far too long. WELCOME.

Trump is great, in that he has exposes the vile people who really do exist, who we walk side-by-side with every day, who up until 07'/08' (Black man/ Whitehouse) were like the Yeti - you head about them...someone claimed to have seen one say something...but we never heard from them in large numbers, because they were embarrassed to open their mouths in polite, civilized company.

I like to know who those people are. Other than this one small use, he is a national embarrassment and will haunt the tabloid news sites for years to come, Palin-style.

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

'Straight talk' my a$$. If Trump had bothered to learn any history, he'd learn that bombing urban areas only allows defenders to fortify themselves in the rubble and angers the civilians so much that they join the cause. Some on the right seem to think they have history on their side, but it is clear they do not even know the US's history.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

What do you attribute Trump's leads to? Vast intelligence?

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

could be to pretty much raise the middle finger to the establishment GOP. Trump did not even debate in Iowa and he came in second place, that was freaking funny.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Knowing how to play our media. Brilliant strategy on his part. He gets CNN and MSNBC to play his rallies in full and uninterrupted. Fox doesn't even show many of his rallies live.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I am getting this disturbing feeling that Trump will go all the way, he currently has no other way to stay in the spotlight and he is narcissist enough to wish to be POTUS just to get into the history pages.

24. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Trump is a person who historically has shown he can get things done, and I think his appeal is basically due to a deep conservative and working class anger at President Obama, the collapse of government (Katrina, the veterans administration, the border, inner city schools, etc.), the worst economy for male high school educated workers since the Great Depression, the worst economy for African-American youths ever, the continuous and growing threat of terrorism, and a sense that the Republican leadership couldn't solve things. Throw in the rise of 24/7 news cycle and social media, and how he handles it, and I think that's what makes him have the lead he does.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Trump 2016.
    because the rest really suck.