Trump's pathology

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mac_in_tosh, Jun 15, 2018.

1. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

He just can't help lying in order to put himself in a better light. He claimed that parents of Korean War vets came up to him during the campaign and asked for help getting their sons' remains returned. It's especially despicable given the nature of the subject and how the bone spur president exploited it. Typical of Trump's lies, it is easily disproved.

This is the quintessential Trump Lie:
    https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a21526163/trump-korean-war-parents-lie/

This is truly a vintage Trumpian lie. As many have pointed out already, assuming the parents of a Korean War veteran were 18 when they were born, those parents would be a minimum of 101 years old today. More likely, they'd be at least 110. The idea that multiple 110-year-old people came up to Donald Trump on the campaign trail to ask him to bring home the remains of their son killed on North Korean soil 63 years prior is just absurd.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

ZERO regard for the truth. None.

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I realize that I should be used to this by now, but the apparent lack of attention to this pathetic lie this week has really infuriated me. Lying about servicemen who gave their lives for this country for political gain is just an astonishingly hateful act.

4. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

This is about as breaking of news as Trump gets 2 scoops of ice cream instead of 1.

5. mac_in_tosh, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

mac_in_tosh thread starter macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

And that's the sad part, that he lies so much it's not always newsworthy. But, as Richard points out, this one is especially despicable.

6. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

How’s Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream newsworthy in the first place?

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

So, you’re OK with having a president who lies about dead US servicemen in order to make himself look better?

8. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Maybe they came to him in a dream.

9. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

I'm not ok with Trump's habit of lying all the time about anything or everything. It amounts to not only gaslighting us but making a false point that facts don't matter.

That's a preface to inventing facts that do matter, i.e. whether or not this or that law exists, whether or not this or that phrase in the Constitution means what he says it means.

It's all baby steps towards nullifying the spirit of our rule of law. How close behind that is nullifying rule of law itself?

The law is what he says it is? Really? We're going there? Well yeah, a step at a time with this guy. Hey he said it so it must be true? He said it twice, three times!

We're the frog in the saucepan on the stove with the heat turned pretty low at the moment but still edging up a day at a time. They say now it's a myth that the frog doesn't notice if the heat's turned up gradually, that in fact frogs do know when they're in water they don't want to be in any more: they do sense that it's too hot, too dangerous. Let's hope we'd notice that too about being in Trump's saucepan as he tries to get us not to notice his taking more and more liberty with the facts of our existence under his administration of our government.

10. IWantItThatWay, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018

IWantItThatWay Suspended

Trump likely just misspoke. He is referring to this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/us/korean-war-mia-trump.html

BTW, why did Esquire lie? The Korean War hasn't ended - it's still technically going on. Why else do yo think we have troops there? Jeez leftists have such a problem with the truth!

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Oh, come on. He’s clearly just lying out of his ass. He said that “thousands” of parents of Korean War servicemen asked him about this. Please don’t try to make up excuses for his disgusting behavior.

12. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Another classic example of Drumpf needing to be interpreted by his supporters.

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The hoops you jump through to excuse his lies is absolutely amazing.

14. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I was going to question your gullibility based on the first quote, but after the second it's obvious that a) you are not that gullible, and you're starting to fear for Donnie, and b) you're trolling.

15. JayMysterio macrumors 6502a

JayMysterio

It's telling that to make your rationalization, it depends on leaving out a very important part of 45's lie. It's something that stuck out to me when I posted this last night in the humor thread, ...

The only way you are confusing thousands of families this week are receiving hope, & 'thousands' of families contacted him on the campaign trail is if you're paid a liar spokesperson for this administration and paid to say the disingenuous.

16. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Please don’t make inaccurate assumptions. You know what they say about making assumptions. I’m not fearing President Trump, and I am not trolling.

17. IWantItThatWay Suspended

The Korean War isn't over. Why did you tell me it ended? Are you lying?

I am sure Trump talked to people on the campaign trail about North Korea. This is a silly thing to be nitpicking about. It's like when Democrats kept trying to say Trump said "wages are too high" when that was a misspeak as well.

No one cares about this stuff.

18. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

Your comments are pathetic. You are put in a position where you have a tough time making more excuses for this pathetic president and his behavior, so you resort to comedy in poor taste. Well done. I can see you reasons for supporting Trump are rock solid.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2018 ---
    Misspeak and taken out of context. Hallmarks of the Trump administration.

19. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Well, there was no official AUMF or declaration, so one could pedantically argue it never started, at least from the US perspective. But, there was a thing called an “armistice” signed in the summer of '53. Do you know what “armistice” means? Are you, by extension, implying that WWI is still going on?

20. Videomanmac Suspended

Videomanmac

Well, I’m sorry I like to see America great again unlike you. And because ya republicans control the US, we can do whatever we want and don’t have to make excuses to anyone.

21. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Lol are you really losing it over this?

This is literally nothing, and it shows how unhinged Trump has made his opponents. Since when did leftists have a problem with lying anyway?

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Then maybe Trump and the Republicans should stop saying the Dems are responsible for everything and being obstructionists. After all - you can do whatever you want right? No excuses?

I guess you want to own ripping children away from their families and putting them into concentration camps.

23. Apple OC, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

the Dems comparing this to Nazi concentration camps is pathetic.

"The children received two slices of bread and a bowl of watery soup a day"

https://aleteia.org/2017/11/26/did-...entration-camp-for-children-little-auschwitz/

The bottom line is... when committing crimes... don't do it with your kids in tow.

Only common sense and a proper border wall will solve this problem and the issue of people dying while trying to avoid detection at the border.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/04/us/texas-border-migrants-dead-bodies.html

spending $25 billion to save these lives is much better spent than a stupid tunnel helping New Yorkers commute to work faster from New Jersey.

seriously now, concentration camps for children?

24. samcraig macrumors P6

I never said Nazi concentration camps. And you might take a look at the post I was responding to. If the Republicans are free to do whatever they want (the OP assertion, not mine) then they can't blame Democrats... for anything. Have a nice day.

25. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

please reference the concentration camps you are referring to... because when I google concentration camps, I'm not finding the concentration camps you are talking about.

however, I only looked at the first 1/2 dozen google pages on concentration camps... maybe I missed the ones you are using in your comparison.