Trump's Post Mid-Term Election Press Conference

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
So much spinning. So much blaming. And taking swipes at those who didn't ask for his help? He's opening mocking fellow Republicans.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Per usual, he made a good point ( about how with the house/senate belonging to different parties, things have a better chance of passing), then followed it up with a load of horsecrap.

"CNN Polls are voter suppression". A network's polling numbers are voter suppression? How does his base listen to this complete nonsense and take it in stride? Can you imagine Obama saying whites were pouring across the Canadian border to cast votes for white candidates? And then when that turns out to be false, blames a Fox News poll for the poor turnout in the midterms? Quite amazing, really.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Now he's talking about unity and in the same breath is slamming democrats and the press.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
"I think I am a great moral leader" LOLOLOLOLOLOL
[doublepost=1541613885][/doublepost]
JFC, the mix of incoherence, narcissism, [attempted] distraction and delusion is just astounding ...

Q: Social and race concern in the US ...
A: China!

Q: But how do you see yourself unifying ...
A: I think I'm a great moral leader, next question!
He also doesn't seem to understand anyone with an accent...

Reactions: martyjmclean

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Why aren't they asking him about Health Care, Infrastructure, Domestic Violence, How the Stock Market will affect the average American? Why does it have to be so much attacking? So much wasteful use of time smh.
Because someone asked him about racial tension in this country and he blabbered on about China. He has repeated his notes about the economy and winning this and that. He won't give answers about real issues. Everything is "you'll see"
They did ask about Healthcare and other things...

Reactions: GermanSuplex

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Why aren't they asking him about Health Care, Infrastructure, Domestic Violence, How the Stock Market will affect the average American? Why does it have to be so much attacking? So much wasteful use of time smh.
The news networks don't want to talk about that, white nationalism is more juicy and fun to talk about.

Reactions: Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
White Nationalism (one or two questions) is extremely relevant given the recent crimes that have taken place in our country. "FUN". - ick.
White Nationalism was not why people voted. At least that’s what the polls showed. Healthcare I believe was at the top. Again, this conference was an attack towards the president. So the president is right, it starts with the damn media.

Reactions: pdqgp

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
Because he has no coherent, factual answers. No concrete plans. "We've got big plans - many plans - and things will work out. We've got a lot of good people on our team, a lot of good people and I expect to get things done".

That is neither here nor there, it answers nothing.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
White Nationalism was not why people voted. At least that’s what the polls showed. Healthcare I believe was at the top. Again, this conference was an attack towards the president. So the president is right, it starts with the damn media.
Why people voted is not relevant to the press conference. Healthcare was discussed. He blamed the Democrats and Obama. Then said he would try and work with Democrats. But we know what that looks like already.

The tone changed when Trump went on the attack. His skin is incredibly thin. And heaven forbid you question him and provide facts. Then be prepared for him to start screaming at you. Disgraceful behavior for a POTUS. ANY POTUS.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
I saw some of this. Trump is coming across as a mental patient who’s off his meds. One moment he’s euphorically kissing his own ass, the next he’s chiding Republicans who didn’t kiss his ass, and the next he’s threatening Democrats who might dare to question anything he does. And then he looks like he wants to walk offstage and strangle CNN with his bare hands. What a lunatic.

He’s really out of control today. His poor staff that has to deal with his anger...

Of course, the MAGAts will see that out of control behavior as “strength”. :rolleyes:

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
He's not the victim, there was no "attack". He follows up his B.S. with more B.S. The next time he gives a conference, I'd like to hear him asked how a network's polls - and he posted one today about the Mueller investigation - are "voter suppression".

I've said it before, but imagine this nonsense coming out of Obama's mouth. I can't even imagine it, he got ripped to shreds over his jeans, giving a speech when they brought Captain Phillips home.... Trump lies, brags that his base likes him more when he lies.... and that's about the only thing he's ever correct about.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
White Nationalism (one or two questions) is extremely relevant given the recent crimes that have taken place in our country. "FUN". - ick.
White nationalism, call it whatever you want, has been around long before Trump and will be here long after him as well.
Case in point a buddy of mine went to a Jewish day school and according to him the school would get threats against it multiple times a year and this is when Clinton was in office. If I recall there were a bunch of synagogues in California set on fire in 1999.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
White nationalism, call it whatever you want, has been around long before Trump and will be here long after him as well.
Case in point a buddy of mine went to a Jewish day school and according to him the school would get threats against it multiple times a year and this is when Clinton was in office. If I recall there were a bunch of synagogues in California set on fire in 1999.
There's been a "surge" since 2016. And again - very recently some big events. It was a relevant question. And an important issue in this country. The fact that Trump considered himself a great moral leader speaks volumes to his lack of self awareness.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
There's been a "surge" since 2016. And again - very recently some big events. It was a relevant question. And an important issue in this country. The fact that Trump considered himself a great moral leader speaks volumes to his lack of self awareness.
Is there a list of these events that documents the "surge"? I'm not saying there hasn't been, I'd just like to see.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
18 out of 34 deaths is a surge? $100 says the city of Chicago can pass that by Thanksgiving with ease. I really don't give a crap what a persons motivations are. The body count of your own citizens piling up usually peeks my interest more than whatever label you want to put on it. FYI.....Your first link also showed a sharp decline, like it dropped by half.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
18 out of 34 deaths is a surge? $100 says the city of Chicago can pass that by Thanksgiving with ease. I really don't give a crap what a persons motivations are. The body count of your own citizens piling up usually peeks my interest more than whatever label you want to put on it. FYI.....Your first link also showed a sharp decline, like it dropped by half.
2018 isn't over.