Trump's press conferences

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AlliFlowers, Jan 6, 2017.

1. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

He promised one explaining his wife's totally legal entry into the US.

He promised one detailing how he is separating himself from his holdings.

Most recently he promised one for this week to tell us all about hacking.

Did I somehow missed them?

2. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

No, this is just what we will have to get used to: total unaccountability by our first White Trash president; the new normal.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

For Trump, a tweet is equivalent to a press conference.

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

On 1) I don't think he should give any press conference unless DHS, or USCIS find issues and file for action.
    On 2) He should give a press conference ASAP.
    On 3) If he has some info, he should release it as soon as he becomes president.

5. AlliFlowers thread starter Contributor

AlliFlowers

In other words he needs to shut up, stop tweeting, and stop making promises until after he's sworn in?

Although I would still like the facts on our future first lady. Is she legal or not?

6. yaxomoxay, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

As an immigrant, and a legal immigrant, your question is offensive (not that you mean to, so it's not directed at you but at the question itself).
    Any immigrant that received a passport had to go through several screenings, several interviews, fingerprinting, and almost a colonoscopy on your entire life (actually even a real colonoscopy. I received five shots, and had to be seen by physicians that don't tell you the result but enter the info in a sealed envelop that then you, the immigrant, have to send still sealed and secret to the immigration office). Then, maybe, they release your conditional green card first, then the permanent green card later, and then maybe - if you really do behave - your passport after a few more years.. So, unless something serious can be proven (and receiving a payment is not a de facto a reason to make you an illegal, as we can't prove either intent or that a serious damage to the application process is done), a newspaper article outlining a few chronological issues is not a problem and should not prompt the question if she's legal or not after going through one of the most painful bureaucratic systems ever, all under the watch of the INS (then), the FBI, and possibly the NSA... and today even Homeland Security.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

well he did say we will pay for the wall but Mexico will pay latter to speed things up.

8. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Who cares? The fact we have a politician at his level using live social methods to directly communicate with the public vs. a filtered, spun, twisted, article from major media is refreshing.

Effective snippets vs. A press conference that says little.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

You would admit that he should clarify, either via press conference or a serious document, what he will do about his business.

10. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Don't pretend to be offended. Enough with the sanctimonious garbage. We already know she committed work visa/immigration fraud in the 1990's. These questions are relevant and are not conjured out of thin air.

11. yaxomoxay, Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017

yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I am not offended. The question is offensive, but I am seldom offended. Now that the personal attack towards me is over, it is clear that you don't know much about immigration. If you think that receiving a payment for a contractual performance is immigration fraud and that is ground for the definition of "illegal alien" , then you don't know how the system works. She entered the country legally, and she might have provided a service for a payment which was not authorized by the INS because of her non-immigrant visa. That's ground for a fine, at most, and possibly a request for reimbursement.
    It also scares me that people - on both sides of the aisle - believe that a paperwork issue is ground for rejection. It is clear that they never went through the system, and all the questions that are asked, or all the forms that have to be filed. It's a complex system. Heck they ask you to list each and every group or organization you've been in contact with in your life. I am pretty sure I missed some of them. In my case, the first immigration officer even held the fact that I had a foreign born son against me, and I had to be bailed out by the lawyer (don't ask the particulars, I never understood them; the lawyer and the officer went into an... animated conversation about my son full of legal-ese terms).
    Do you also really think that many immigrants know about Form EOIR 33/IC?!?

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Look at you quick to throw out racist remarks. Go figure the ones that hint at calling others racists are in fact racists themselves.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

desperation to find someone else thats racist.

14. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Working without the proper visa is immigration fraud. She came here to work, but applied to the State Dept as a "visitor". That is fraud.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yeah that's about the only thing he brings into any discussion.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He definetly needs to stop tweeting. That's for damn sure.

17. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Absolutely. My biggest wish is that the media would report what was communicated vs. spinning it.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Look, you can twist it how you want, and frankly I am bored. You always insult everyone who thinks differently, and you call for the race bait even in posts like this where there's nothing related to race.
    You also don't know the meaning of fraud, and you can't prove intent on her part. You can't prove that she had the job before she landed in this country, and you can't prove that she knew what she was doing (ask any B visa holder, and they won't know; heck even Americans don't know the difference!), and you can't prove that the company didn't make a mistake (as they would be required BY LAW to ask for the proper paperwork). Honestly, her case was looked by the FBI, INS, USCIS, and possibly the IRS and the NSA, like every other immigrant. They didn't find anything OR they didn't find it important enough to stop her from getting her Green Card (and citizenship thereafter). The only reason you talk like this - yet, if I understand you're all for illegal aliens in sanctuary cities - is because you have never seen the system you talk about.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's funny, bent was talking a lot yesterday about not judging without all the facts of the racist black thugs that tortured that white kid on video but will jump to conclusions here and about Trump and his wife. It's blatantly hypocritical, not not unexpected.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

and yours was bringing what into it??

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Supposedly Trump is having one on the 11th.

Link.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 6, 2017 ---
    The blaring hypocrisy.

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

[​IMG]

Ha, ha. So above it all. I call what you wrote sanctimonious garbage. You are really going to bat for this criminal. So sad that you would put your credibility on the line for something like this. Not surprising, but sad none the less.

23. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Convict without fact nor provable relevant evidence.
    Hypocritical much?

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

What a wonderful, insightful reply.
    You know that writing down that she is a criminal is libel, right?

25. AlliFlowers thread starter Contributor

AlliFlowers

But now he's doing neither. He had not held the three promised press conferences (or any press conference at all), nor has he addressed these specific issues on Twitter.

Just like he promised the last three?