'Trump's son should be concerned': FBI obtained wiretaps of Putin ally who met with Trump Jr.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, May 25, 2018.

1. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-son-concerned-wiretaps-show-trump-jr-met-putin-ally-231215529.html

Im running out of popcorn.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

3. Zenithal macrumors 604

Bud, I've been waiting 30 years to see the Clintons in jail. Get in line.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Don Jr goes to jail. First happy thought all day. And day will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat if he thinks it will save himself.

5. Zenithal macrumors 604

Is it really fair to throw him in jail when he's in his own body? I've never been a fan of Trump ever since he was in the press, but you can't deny he's more intelligent than his sons. I definitely know lead paint was outlawed long before they were born, but eh...

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Probably a lot more info coming down the pike. Don "Tweeto" and co. have a bad habit of only remembering things after the rest of us find out. And then lying about what happened and what they knew. So when they're reminded of an event they didn't remember, they remember "facts" that didn't happen to validate the reason for that event they didn't remember.

Which makes perfect sense if you're lying and trying to hide info, but not much else.
    --- Post Merged, May 25, 2018 ---
    Who promised a smoking gun, and when did they say it would be produced?

7. Micky Do macrumors 68000

Micky Do

The self proclaimed "highly stable genius" is more intelligent than his sons, no doubt, and as cunning as a dunny rat, but is not as clever as he imagines he is. They are a bunch of crooks, who have managed to avoid censure so far......

The Clintons are not saints either, and almost certainly have some skeletons in their closet for which they maybe also deserve to be locked up, however they have not been without censure. Bill was impeached. They may not be entirely altruistic in their motives, but they are both reasonably bright, and have done more for humanity than the Trumps ever will.

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I think it’s unlikely Trump Jr. will ever get convicted of anything. Even if he was, he’d be pardoned by daddy. If some crime was committed by Trump Sr., going after his son seems like the wrong way to get justice. I don’t doubt for a second they’d set Jr. up for the fall and that Jr. wouldn’t happily take it for his father.

Let’s face it though, it’s almost impossible to prosecute any of these high profile, absurdly wealthy people.

9. Zenithal macrumors 604

Agreed. What's amusing is that Trump could have remained out of the spotlight if it weren't for his pathetic ego. He could have done so much more just slithering around. Even the lowliest politicians are snooped around by the public.
    --- Post Merged, May 25, 2018 ---
    I'm very curious to know their actual wealth and value as ambassadors to the Trump Corporation brand. It must be a lot if their personal debt is so easily put aside when they sought office and or clearance.

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

See, that is the thing: when you are doing questionable things, you act like it is all normal. Bold corruption can be effective if you want to keep your opponents off balance, in disbelief. Shock & Awe, I guess. It is the only way to run a proper kleptocracy.

11. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Trump prevented a Hillary Clinton presidency. For that simple gesture, he's already done more for humanity.

12. I7guy macrumors P6

I7guy

This! This really needs to be to be said in every thread.

13. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I'm pretty sure it is said in every thread, whether relevant or not.

14. LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

This is the eternal crock of an opinion offered up by Trump supporters ever since the inauguration of this disaster of a President, and Trump proves it more so with each day in office.

Even his own party would have been content to deal with Trump's opponent in that office since the GOP knew they could control court choices via Senate majority, and Wall Street was not unhappy with the prospect of a Clinton presidency. There must be many a day now that well-heeled Republicans wonder why they didn't work harder to ensure her election. No doubt filed under live and learn... and they've probably absorbed enough of the lessons to try to apply them in 2020. The thing is, Trump has botched things so badly that they'll have to spend most of their dough in the upcoming midterms instead in order to save their Senate margin. The House is probably a loss. We'll see how the fall budget collisions work out... but Trump's no help there. He does not understand how congressional negotiations work. He only looks for what's in it for him.

Exactly. So far, it's working.