Trump's Stamina is a Stami-NO

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samcraig macrumors P6

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-golf-cart-g7-sicily-2017-5

"President Trump rounded out his first foreign trip since taking office by joining other G7 leaders as they walked the streets of Taormina, Sicily.

There was just one difference: as the leaders of the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, and Japan walked on foot, Trump followed in a golf cart, The Times of London reported on Saturday.

"They walked the 700 yards from the traditional G7 group photo, taken at a Greek amphitheatre, to a piazza in the hilltop town, but Mr Trump stayed behind until he could take a seat in the electric vehicle," The Times reported."

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Far better than fainting in front of cameras while the SS propped him up ...:D

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Deflection noted. This is about Trump who is President, not about a candidate with pneumonia. You can be infuriating sometimes with you throwing random crap into a thread. I would love it if just once you replied completely on topic about the subject without a "but but but"

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He is 70. Wakes up at 4am to tweet stupidity, he's using his energy is other stupid ways.

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the poor guy's just desperate for a chance to play a few holes :p

that's obamas fault! :p

6. ibookg409, May 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2017

ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

What is there to respond to? It happened. He rode in a golf cart.

Trump also wore a red tie today. Let's start a thread on that as well and speculate that wearing a red tie is a secret nod to Putin. Then when people point out that Obama also wore red tries you can accuse them of "deflecting".

Maybe he twisted his ankle. Maybe he has a sore corn.

7. Scepticalscribe, May 27, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

He rode in a golf cart, yet is addicted to puerile exhibitions of dominance which he confuses with demonstrations of physical strength - such as what he attempts to do with every other male leader he meets when engaged in what his silly little mind thinks is the war of the handshake.

He rode in a golf cart yet shoved a colleague - an elected Prime Minister - out of the way while barging his boorish way to the front of the group.

You can't have it both ways - acting the bully and boor with colleagues when shaking hands or when posing for group photos, yet unable to match them physically in the simple act of walking, or sitting still - and paying attention - long enough to actually listen to what someone else has to say at a meeting at prime ministerial or presidential level.

8. IronWaffle, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017

IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Gosh, I wonder where all that energy he's been saving by not exercising went?

"Trump’s views on exercise were mentioned in a New Yorker article [...] and in Trump Revealed, The Washington Post’s 2016 biography of the president, which noted that Trump mostly gave up athletics after college because he 'believed the human body was like a battery, with a finite amount of energy, which exercise only depleted'.”

Maybe that very good brain which he consults for foreign policy has had too much exercise and all his very best words have been likewise depleted? That's very bad. The worst.

Side note: It's amusing when he's quoted in The Atlantic asserting that, "A lot of schools today, they don’t have sports programs, and that is a big problem. I would try and open that up. I’m a big believer in the whole world of sports. I would try and open that up.” In my experience it's the arts departments continually battling to survive, whether in secondary or post-secondary education. Rather than going further off-topic pointing out his reliance on variation of that last quoted sentence to sound assertive about something that just popped into hish head and pooped out of it, I'm just going to return to weaving this very nice basket until the kind, gentle people here put me back in that snug, buckled jacket where I can hug and rock myself to sleep and dream of... anything but this balderdash.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Awesome. Let's do that right now while Trump is still offshore. Everyone means everyone. :D

10. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Yeah, but please wait till AirForce1 is over the Atlantic.

11. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Just for sh*ts and giggles, let us not forget that "his physical strength and stamina are extraordinary" [emphasis mine]:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I believe it is right now. Trump left Italy some time ago. So we are in that sweet spot. Quick...raise the shields!

13. ibookg409, May 27, 2017

ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I said it doesn't bother me. Keep it up. You guys are hurting your own cause, which I'm loving. Keep it coming.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---
    Great! It's a deal. @MadeTheSwitch endotses closes the border to everyone.
    --- Post Merged, May 27, 2017 ---

14. samcraig, May 27, 2017

samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

But I'm confused. You said there's nothing to respond to and you responded....

15. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

"Astonishingly excellent"?

Surely the good doctor doth protest too much?

16. samcraig, May 27, 2017

samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You said "What is there to respond to? It happened. He rode in a golf cart."

If there's nothing to respond to - why respond?

Also - you could use your argument for every single news item. What's to respond to. He/She xxxxx. It happened.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

LOL - you are. You keep posting in this thread. And clearly people are talking about it since it was in the news.

I'm not surprised that you are confused. Maybe you should go take a nap and join us when you are fresh. Or maybe you've been in the sun too long.

:)

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I do endorse that idea. But there is some fine print. It is a limited time offer. You must act NOW! Because once Trump is wheels down on U.S. soil, this offer has expired.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

LOL. You already endorsed closing the border to everyone. It's out there. :) Where's your compassion?:oops:

20. Scepticalscribe, May 27, 2017

Scepticalscribe

Stifles snigger.

If Mr Trump hadn't played the bullying, boorish braggart earlier (those handshakes, that shoving) the golf cart would be an irrelevance.

Indeed, had FDR attended that summit, the admiration - and respect - for the man (trundling around in a golf cart) would not have been masked. Colleagues - including his fellow international leaders - would have been proud to walk alongside him as he would have been ferried in such a conveyance.

Mr Trump is regarded with contempt, dislike and derision in Europe.

His absurd attempts to convey hyper-masculinity and a primitive primate stye of dominance - allied to being ferried around in a golf cart when the less alpha boring types - male and female both - all strolled and walked to their common destination - suggests a sort of dysfunction at Mr Trump's core.

Or, perhaps an attempt at over-compensation. But, for what, we cannot, of course, offer a definitive answer. For now, mere speculation will have to suffice.

21. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Agreed that his unyielding (and I'd argue unwarranted) boasting and penchant for ad hominem attacks give this otherwise minor story more legitimacy because it's a mild jab that "the [President] has no clothes.

The one place we potentially diverge here is FDR. If you mean today he wouldn't be "masked" I probably agree, though, in his day, the truth was obviously quite the opposite. A year or two ago I'd argue "we're better than that" and "we've advanced in our view on people with infirmities" in a way that would mean FDR wouldn't have to fear his polio being revealed and derided as a fundamental weakness. But this is 2017 and I can't forget last year. The low-hanging fruit example?

#MakeAmericaWHATagain?

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'd venture to say that Trump is regarded with contemp, dislike and derision in most of the world*, including his own country.

* Saudi Arabia and Russia excluded.

23. Scepticalscribe, May 27, 2017

Scepticalscribe

No, I mean that his very genuine disability - and how he dealt with it - along with his clear courage, work ethic, obvious intelligence, charisma, and impressive political skills and talents - would have earned him the open (not masked) respect and admiration of his colleagues. And they would have found ways of expressing it - such as by walking alongside him, were he to have attended such an event today.

His disability - and how he coped with it - would be seen as something that earned him respect, whereas Mr Trump riding in the golf cart is only a story because the man was spectacularly boorish - in a clueless way that attempted to portray uber-masculinity - yet - in reality - couldn't manage to walk a walk that all of the other 'betas' had no difficulty with.

If Mr Trump was a half decent human being - which he isn't - or, had conducted himself with dignity and decorum, which he didn't - I expect that there might have been some sympathy for him.

24. niploteksi macrumors regular

Wait a minute.... "To Whom My Concern"?

Is this FAKE or is it just my bad English?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.