"Trump's Tax Plan Reveals His Contempt for the Middle Class"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 28, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/09/trumps-tax-plan-reveals-his-contempt-middle-class

But if it trickles down to American workers then there's no problem?

Article has more.

(& consider the media source, Motherjones, it's not often supportive of Conservative beliefs)

2. Robisan macrumors 6502

Trump's Entire Lifestyle Reveals His Contempt for the Middle Class...

I didn't pay taxes bc you would've squandered it. And I didn't pay my decorators either. That's called business.

[​IMG]

It's only "trickle-down" if you pay your contractors.

OK, so they don't pay taxes. At least they put $ into the economy by paying vendors. No? Well, surely charity, then?

[​IMG]

Trickle-down reality: I don't pay taxes. That makes me smart. And I don't pay contractors. That's called business.

The Donald knows he doesn't have to pay for all this. He uses courts he doesn't pay for to make suing too expensive.

[​IMG]

(source)​

3. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

I don't pay taxes on what the tax code says is deductiable either. Since when is that against the law? The Dims in '09-'10 had a super majority in the Senate, a good majority in the House and a Dim in the White House. If the tax laws are unfair, why didn't they do something about it THEN? Maybe because George Soros and other friends would be upset?

The pictures above are meaningless unless they include Clinton style pictures as well. Last I saw, the Clintons are worth over 100 million. When was the last time either Bill or Hillary drove a car, went shopping for milk, cooked a meal or did ANYTHING that normal middle class Americans do EVERYDAY. Bill's flying all over the world in private jets, either paid for by the so-called Clinton Foundation or rich friends (see the Lolita Express).

4. SusanK macrumors 68000

5. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Trump has crap for taste. I would have an armory of guns hanging on the wall. The only gold in those rooms would be a .50 desert eagle for lulz and a few Gold .38 Supers for when @jkcerda comes over to play.

7. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

Oh, excuse me Susan. However, when Hillary was running for office the last 2 years, I didn't realize they lived the lives of paupers, flying around tourist class, driving down to the store for a quart of milk, etc, etc, etc. And it must have been someone else that made $100 million talking to Wall Street.

If Trump breaks the law, he should be held to the same standard as Hillary. Oh, never mind, that's not fair either.

8. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

What politician hasn't hated the middle-class?

Not even trolling. Poor can't pay taxes well since they'd need to have money to make...and the rich pretend to be poor when the tax man comes. There stands the middle class going....man this sucks, here ya go....again.

flat tax would fix this if implemented right. Dons flack jacket with flame retardant lining on that one. But you could pay more. As if that doesn't happen now. I'd just take solace in I'd have company....come on rich boy/girl...dig some more into your pockets too.

Now trumps design tastes....man that is awful. really. Won't hate the man for having money...what he spends it on is criminal in terms of tacky and ugly lol.

9. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Talking bout that piano-ornament I assume ? :eek:

10. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Honestly I wouldn't pay the decorators either. They did a very very bad job.

11. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

What?! I think they got the tackiness down to a tee. Just like his coiffeur. They deserve rather a bonus than brankcruptcy imo.

12. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think you're mistaking Susan for someone who actually likes HRC. I think you'll find quite a few of us in here that are not in your club who don't like HRC nor the Clinton's in general. Her comment had absolutely nothing to do with how much money the Clinton's have simply that they are now irrelevant because they are private citizens now and hopefully forever.

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

"This is obviously spin, but the funny thing is that it's true."

This article is a joke.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Not all the rich avoid taxes. Probably about half don't play many games.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Last time? Not that long ago. Right after the election, Hillary was out hiking. I don't think you'd see a Trump out in the woods unless it was with a gun hunting deer.

No it's not. But let's pretend!

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I think Trump used the same interior decorator as Saddam Hussain.

17. SusanK macrumors 68000

Not a Clinton supporter. Never was. That includes Bubba. The fact is Clintons are private citizens and I hope they remain that way. The last thing we need is HRC taking one more shot at tanking the Democratic party.

Trump is President-elect. That is a terrifying thought. Trump should be held to a high standard but he will not be. His buddies run the House and Senate.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I know people who have been to the Clinton's house. They've assured me that if NOTHING else, their home is tastefully decorated. So that's a +1 vs Trump's garishness. There's really no argument there.

19. SusanK macrumors 68000

Trump is ambulatory.

20. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

This. Motherjones is another leftist rag that pretends to be intellectual or neutral but is nothing more than straight propaganda from the DNC. It's crazy how many braindead zombies don't see how manipulated they are by the leftist propaganda called the MSM.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Mother Jones definitely isn't MSM, and is too left wing for the DNC...

What's actually wrong with it?

22. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

It's not an objective news outlet and should be taken with a GIANT grain of salt just like HuffPo, Breitbart etc.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What's actually wrong with its reporting? I don't dispute it has a bias towards urban liberals. It seems to me no less bad than the economist.

24. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Funny and most ironic considering your alternate universe story that many "experts" think there was "massive" election "fraud" and that Trump somehow won in a "landslide". :D

25. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm finding it much better on my nerves to cut back on PRSI viewing. :p However, every so often:

The Trump campaign called the findings "pure fiction," contending the analysis neglects a crucial benefit for low-income taxpayers....Most importantly, Miller said Trump will instruct the committees writing his plan into law to make sure that it does not raise taxes on any low- or middle-income earners. "In sending our proposal to the tax-writing committees we will include instructions to ensure all low and

You get what you pay for dealing with a con artist. Low income tax payers are not middle class. And if he/someone makes sure that the middle class won't pay more in taxes, it means his tax plan is fiction. Keep a close eye on the ball:

[​IMG]