Trump's Team Provides Safe Space to Avoid Tweet Storms

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 23, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I've heard this a few times now. In Trump's own words - sad. Very sad.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I saw this too. It's just pathetic that Trump needs protection and nurturing to keep him from going off on a Twitter tirade.

You know, even if you don't believe that Trump is nuts, you have to admit he doesn't have the mental or emotional maturity needed to be president.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I hope there are no real emergencies in the US he will never be able to deal

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Well sure he will in his bunker. We will be the ones with radiation poisoning.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I would hope Trump would understand that he needed input from experienced staffers with knowledge relevant to the situation. Some of the core advisors of his own preference (i.e. not the establishment picks that have been wedged in there) are very new to government.

My concerns along those lines run then to unstaffed agencies, and so a lack of institutional memory right now on how to handle assorted types of events. Apparently he is more concerned about loyalty to him, iincluding during the past campaign season, than anything else, so --although not particularly unusual, it was so for GWBush also and to some extent Obama-- that has complicated the staffing-up process.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Pathetic. We have a baby in chief. Pretty sad when other staff have to manipulate someone like that.

8. HEK Suspended

HEK

Yeah but he will complain that no one is retweeting his tweets. Tweets of the walking dead.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Plus I'm sure there isn't much to do in that bunker. He will be complaining that he is bored.

10. HEK Suspended

HEK

He can watch tapes of his election win. Pull out the blow up doll of hillary. Make himself a posicle stick jail to put her inside. See plenty of stuff to do.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Your leader is pretty hilarious. I wonder after all this, when/why did supporters stop liking him? I saw a few tweets today upset over his cannabis policy and how they wish they hadn't voted for him. I imagine this will lead to bigger protests. (I find supporters like that funny. "everything was fine up until this point")

12. zin Suspended

I don't believe any 'officials familiar with the matter' that they've pulled out of their ass.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't believe a single "many people are saying" that comes out of Trump's ass.

14. Zenithal macrumors 601

I do, too, but at the same time he'll be held liable for them. At least in his own demented little world where he accused former POTUSs of being responsible. Karma is a bitch.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

no he will blame oboma like that failed raid he blamed on oboma.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm curious how someone can say that and the still support someone like Trump who lies, makes up things, and refers to mysterious unnamed sources all the time. How does that work?

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Are you sure you're British given you can't spell arse properly?