Trump's Team Sends Out Letter/Survey to Supporters After Press Conference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Absolutely brilliant. He is on fire. Bypass the scum media and go straight to the people. About time we have leader who punches back.

2. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

I love the extra pathetic part where they ask for a contribution

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Oh he's on fire alright... burning himself down to the ground.

4. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Yeah, keep believing that fake news.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

When you have to resort to blindly calling CNN fake you've failed.

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

LOL thanks for the laugh.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---

Trump puts out as much fake news as a hooker with a 50% off coupon.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

what's the problem? I did a quick check of my public email - the one I use to subscribe to all sort of things - and it took me about 10 seconds to find an email by Obama asking for $$$, dated Sep 30, 2014.
    A quick scan using From: Obama's DNC account reveals hundreds of emails during the years.

8. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Yeah, because Obama never went to a fundraiser.
    Grabbing for cash is so unseemly:

I never heard of hookers putting out fake news except, maybe, for a few on CNN.

How do you know of these hookers?

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

The play on words clearly went over your head. Trump puts out fake news, a hooker just puts out, hence Trump puts out more fake news then a hooker puts out.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Don't attempt humor if you don't know how to use the tools. I provided an excellent example of how you should have gone about it.

You're welcome.

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Again it clearly went over your head.

12. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

edit: Here's what you should have said: Trump puts out fake news like a hooker puts out fake orgasms.
    If it makes you feel better.

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

If I have to explain a joke that an 8th grader would get, maybe you're just not ready for it.

14. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Ok, now you've got me laughing.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

16. jeyf macrumors 6502

included an Amazon coupon offering free shipping on ivanka trump accessories?

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

More accurate than the fake white house briefings.

The cash thing is less consequential. The need for Trump to validate himself via his supporters (only) about what's being reported so he has some skewed metric "many people are saying..." - that's another matter. Not sure Obama did that -did he? Or anything like it?

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Honestly, I am subscribed to DNC, RNC, some independent stuff, most of the major candidates' newsletters since 2008, Obama, White House, various departments, political groups from both left and right, above and below and so on.
    This is not abnormal at all. Most of them are of the kind "If do X (where X is often 'donate') the end of America will be prevented." and so on.
    It's just the lowest level of public political crap.

19. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm talking about the letter and survey though. There has been letters of support for various campaigns/achievements - but a call to arms about the media or something similar? Can't recall a single one

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So I did his fake survey, I don't think they will like my answers though. And when they wanted my email I just gave them a fake one.

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

This confirms that the disaster yesterday was intentional. Not as in Trump can stick to a script, he's clearly not disciplined enough to even keep to one topic per sentence. No, this survey was sent out to the Trump campaigns mailing list by his handlers (the people really running the show).

They're solidifying their foot soldiers by strengthening he bubble his die-hards live in. This is how you wind up with a segment of the population that is utterly divorced from reality and basic facts, ready to do whatever you need them to.

23. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I could draw a more serious parallel. Instead I'll just leave this here.

[​IMG]

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm using that paper as a kind of monitor on what the area around there thinks of 19th CD's new hack of a GOP congresscritter who beat out Zephyr Teachout in November. The CD is rural and huge; Faso hails from Kinderhook, so Kingston in next county over covers him most of the time (to his annoyance probably). My own local paper is out of Oneonta and covers less Hudson Valley, more to the northwest. Since Faso doesn't get around the CD (yet?) with the determination and energy that his moderate predecessor did, he doesn't end up in my paper very often so far.

His wiki page currently carries this fascinating tidbit:

On January 3, 2017, Faso was sworn in as a member of the 115th United States Congress. Since that date he has steadfastly refused to meet his constituents in a public Town Hall setting, only once emerging to address the people he represents when they confronted him at his residence. However, he has several appearances scheduled before paid donors.[4] On February 15, 2017 he was named by the Washington Post as one of 10 most-vulnerable Republican incumbents.[5]

LOL karma. He waffled like crazy on Trump in this sometimes-purple CD when he was asked about Trump during the campaign. Everyone regardless of party just remembers his waffling, waffling.
    Agree. It gets annoying. "Press delete if you like to airmail this to the trashcan" is the solution. I don't unsubscribe from most of the briefings I elect to take, I just wear out that keycap.

Also though I agree with @samcraig that with Trump's survey, it's more --maybe mostly-- about getting a nice set of data for da boss...