Trump's trying to alienate NFL fans, too

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Ugh. So much wrong with this. How to begin?

First of all, fainting is not the same thing as a concussion. You'd think that would be obvious to all but the lowest-grade moron, but apparently it's still beyond Trump.

Second, here's Mr. Macho rearing his ugly head again. Trump, who's probably never done anything physical in his life, refers to the brain getting slammed around inside the skull as "a little ding". You know, 'cause a concussion is a trivial thing. Just ask Muhammed Ali or Junior Seau. Oh wait, you can't.

NFL players didn't take kindly to Thurston Jackass III's remarks:

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'd pay good money to see Trump get layed the **** out by an NFL linebacker. He'd run home crying so fast... if he could still walk after it.

But maybe Trump was just dropped on his head a few too many times as a kid and is now suffering from CTE himself. That might help explain his psycho behavior.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Jesus Christ let's not turn NFL players into heroes here, they are playing a ****ing game. "Guys who go out there and risk their lives", so stay home and send your millions of dollars back. You want to actually risk your life? Go join the military and get paid **** to actually put your life on the line, those people are the real heroes. Sports culture in the US makes me sick.

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Because risking your life for defense contractor profits is so much more noble...

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Never has one man known so little about so much.

6. thermodynamic, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

False equivalency. But an interesting attempted parallel nonetheless, maybe there is some overlap.

Not really. Football players get paid a lot more to do a lot less than military, STEM field workers, or anything else that produces actual benefit.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---
    That's true. He's even copying Obama on college loan reform the same way Obama took from Romney with Obamacare/Romneycare (similar to the Heritage Foundation, what some claim is a "right wing think tank"?)

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/pf/college/trump-student-debt-plan/

Pity CNN didn't boast about Obama's copying :(:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...eycare-and-obamacare-can-you-tell-difference/
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...ly-admits-that-obamacare-came-from-romneycare
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/mitt-romney-romneycare-obamacare-boston-globe-215112

Apart from this, arguably:
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/12/mitt.romney.health.care/

Anything I missed in this post you're free to look up.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

And where did this come from? What Trump said was completely idiotic, no matter what profession he's speaking on.

And you're right, sports culture in America does get ridiculous many times. Especially when some prefer professional athletes to risk preventable injury, and don't give a damn that it's someone's son and father on the field.

8. 5684697 Suspended

Good grief.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To be fair, Trump cannot understand brain damage because he already suffers from it himself. Only his seems to have occurred at birth. Perhaps the doctor dropped him on his head in the hospital. It would explain a lot. :D

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Still sore about the USFL after 30 years. Another business success!

B

11. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Your idol is the one in office bud.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 15, 2016 ---
    It's in the original thread, one of the Jets safeties must have got hit in the head too many times and forgot that he is playing a game for millions of dollars. There's nothing heroic about throwing an inflated ball around.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Very true. But still, a concussion is a very serious medical condition. Trying to make light of it is just beyond retarded.

13. 5684697 Suspended

Wow, SMH. You mock the mentally handicapped while millions suffer from brain injury and deterioration. This is unacceptable, shameful behavior.

Liberals are such nasty hypocrites, slamming the mentally challenged from their high horses. You should resign from the forums and go post on some hate site where it is acceptable to make jokes about amazing people who happen to have special needs.

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

NFL players often rape and physically abuse women. Homophobia is endemic in the NFL. Still waiting for someone to take a knee against that.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What kind of "man" still takes pot shots over failures decades later?

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I don't mock the disabled, I mock Trump. Unless you are admitting Trump is disabled. Are you?

17. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

To paraphrase Hawkeyes Pierce, "Trump knows so little it's hard to keep up with how much he doesn't know."

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Look. Trump can be faulted for having said what he said because in fact (regardless of noble or ignoble motive) the professional football player does risk at least quality of his future life every time he takes field even for practice.

This guy is unqualified to be running for President even if he says entertaining things sometimes. This was not even one of those times...
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    I'm not MTS but for myself I'm going to say I hope your post was at least half sardonic, satirical, sarcastic, silly joshing in spirit if not in letter. So maybe missing an emoticon or some decoration like /S. ?! In letter it's a little over the top, even if also making the valid point that one may become brain damaged --and so disabled to some extent-- in any number of ways.

To get back on topic, I don't know anything about Trump's state of health, mental or otherwise, although I've surmised he fits some DSM-V categories (as many of us may also do). Still he was being his typical fact-devoid and bullying Trump-self when he made his crack about concussions and the NFL.

To lighten up, I do wonder what he'd do if he saw an NFL guy coming for him :D

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Would you rather risk your life for your country or for the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars?

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Bet you anything that Vince McMahon is pulling a Van Halen on that one, saying "OU812".

BL.