Trying to diagnose mail issues want to preserve baseband and JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gixxerfool, May 16, 2010.

1. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I have a 3Gs old bootrom on 3.1.2 with a 5.11.07 baseband jailbroken on redsn0w. I would like to try and see if a restore would fix my mail issues or not. I want to preserve my baseband for obvious reasons. With the spirit jailbreak obviously FW is not and issue. I would like to be able to keep all my saved game data and such if possible. What are my options? Thanks in advance.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Your best bet is to make or obtain a custom firmware made with PwnageTool and restore to it. This will preserve your baseband and jailbreak so you can continue to unlock.

3. gixxerfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Ok this is what I thought. I wasn't sure if it would truly restore it or "overlay" the existing FW. After that I will have to restore from backup, correct?

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You might want to try setting up as new, first. If you are having mail problems, the configuration issues may preserved in the backup. If you find that everything works and you need your backup, you can always restore later. That way if it stops working again you'll know where the problem lies.

5. gixxerfool thread starter macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

Excellent! Thanks so much for your rapid response and help.