Trying to download music from web and import it to 'Music' app

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BenGiller, Sep 24, 2014.

1. BenGiller macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Is there anyway to download music from Safari (i.e. Band camp), Mail as an attachment, Dropbox or basically any other place that isn't iTunes and have it appear in the Music app?

I'm currently travelling so don't have access to my main Mac, and there are several bits of music on various platforms I'd love to have available to me at any point in Music.

Appreciate any responses!

Thanks

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No. You can play through DropBox or other apps only.

I recommend signing up for iTunes Match. Back on my iPhone 5 16GB, I would cycle playlists. e.g. I was in Philippines for work last month. Tired of my playlists, dumped them, and pulled down 4 others on hotel wifi.

No longer a problem on new 64GB 6, first thing I did was load about 15. but Match is still a hugely convenient service.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It doesn't work this way. Apple forces you to use iTunes to sync anything with your iPhone.

Another reason for jailbreaking. You'd be able to use Bridge which would import your songs to the music app on your iPhone directly.

4. BenGiller thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ok thanks for responding guys.

All the best!