Trying to figure out if I need to put a new battery in iPhone 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by apunkrockmonk, Jun 15, 2009.

1. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

First a little background info.

The whole charge cycle was completed with wifi off, bluetooth off, push e-mail off, fetch for 3 accounts set to 15 min, location services on but not used more than once or twice.

Mostly texting, approximately 10-15 minutes of phone conversations tops, 10-15 minutes of music playback, a little myspace, twitter and aim usage and about 30 minutes of peggle.

The phone is jailbroken but I haven't installed anything other than the battery percentage, boss prefs, swirly mms and backgrounder.

I did not use backgrounder at all during this test though.

Something that i've always wondered, if you have location services on and you're not physically using them does it still add to the battery drain? It seems like it shouldn't but from the way everyone talks about it it does drain the battery more.

Also, I haven't seen a way to check the battery itself like coconut battery for the mac, is there any similar way to check the battery status for the iPhone?

Attached Files:

2. apunkrockmonk thread starter macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Seriously....

No one in the last two years has had an iPhone 2G and knows about how long the battery should last?