Trying to get iPhone to tether on my Powermac G4 runing Tiger OS X

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jwilkinson84, Dec 7, 2009.

1. jwilkinson84 macrumors newbie

jwilkinson84

So i have an old school powermac G4 running Tiger. i am trying to tether my iPhone on it with success. the issue i am coming across is the fact that there is no blue-tooth icon in the system preferences(should be right before the CD/DVD icon). i plug the phone in and it doesn't activate tethering on the phone. any suggestions on how to get my powermac to recognize the iPhone connection?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Does your tethering work with other computers?

3. jwilkinson84 thread starter macrumors newbie

jwilkinson84

yes it does, on my windows computer and my macbook as well

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Does it HAVE bluetooth?

Most, if not all standard PowerMac G4 doesn't come with bluetooth

5. jwilkinson84 thread starter macrumors newbie

jwilkinson84

i assumed it does becuase of the fact that when i use the spotlight to search for bluetoooth i can add keyboard and mouse and it does direct me to the network icon but i am unsure what the process to use to activate it. By the sounds of it, it must not give me that option?

6. HauserWorks macrumors newbie

Finally tethering my G5 2.7 without Blu-tooth

Hi,
    this is a little after the fact, but I've finally figured out how to consistently tether with my G5 dual 2.7. The tower has no blu-tooth, or airport card. I was considering going to dial-up (I live in the country) when I finally got it.

Simply start up iTunes when you have your iphone connected via USB. Works for me. No network setup etc.

:)

Dan