trying to get out of my AT&T contract

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lrbello, Aug 28, 2010.

1. lrbello macrumors newbie

Since I have gotten my iphone 4 it has all been negative. I am currently on my 4th phone and having so many dropped calls I started to use my work phone(Sprint) to make calls. I have a Micro cell which is junk, have a new sim which did nothing and AT&T saying my phone is not a landline replacement. I believe I have held my end of the contract by paying my bill, why can't they provide me with a wireless service that works. I called and tried to cancel but it has been over 30 days since my purchase. So $305 to end my contract. So I call everyday I get a dropped call which hopefully will annoy them. Poor rep that picks up cause I'm just a jerk, and frustrated that my service is junk.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

As unfortunate as your situation is, you're probably not going to get out of the ETF. You signed the contract. You might be able to swing something by going into a store and talking to a manager, but even those are some pretty long odds.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Ill trade you a brand new 16 gig 3gs for your 4. if not just write them a check! cause they are not going to let you out of it. you can download an app from the app store called mark the spot. they can track your exact location where you are when you dropped the call. but dont lie! cause they can tell if you actually dropped a call or not. once you have plenty of evidence maybe you will have a leg to stand on!

4. lrbello thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the app mark the spot and use it all the time. But guess what AT&T said they cant find a single time I used the app. Another useless AT&T service.

5. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

works for everyone else..... without proof you will not get anywhere with at&t

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

They have a one month trial period for a reason. If you wouldn't return your phone before the month was up, then you need to pay the ETF.