Trying to pre order. ATT account phone # is different from my line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BrittQ, Jun 17, 2010.

1. BrittQ macrumors regular

I have been trying to pre-order from apple.com Where it says "Check eligibility for your AT&T account.
    Please provide your AT&T account information."

I am on a family plan on my line is not the main line / phone # for the account login. The main line / account login phone # is not eligible for an upgrade but my line is. When I enter my phone number it says the login information is incorrect, when I enter the main line / account phone # it says it is not eligible for an upgrade.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.:mad:

2. dangoland macrumors member

I preordered my phone through apple.com and I am not the main account holder. my line is a secondary line on the plan.

You have to input your phone number (the one form the add on line)
    the accunts billing zipcode
    and the four last SSN of the main account holder (not your own). Maybe that is why is not verifying your account

3. BrittQ thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply.

I select "Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone."
    And I enter my line (eligible for upgrade, confirmed w/ att.com)
    Accounts billing zip code (confirmed with online att account)
    Last 4 digits of Account holders SSN (double checked)

and I get this message "The mobile number that was entered does not match the billing zip code and/or Social Security number. Please try again."

Now when I "Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone."
    Enter the main number to the plans phone number.
    Accounts billing zip code
    last 4 digits of account holders SSN
    [all information the same as before, just the main phone number instead of mine]
    I get a message saying the line is not eligible for an upgrade (because that line is not).

Im looking at the att account online right now and confirmed all the information I entered is correct.

Any idea what could be going wrong?