trying to put photos back on phone and get 2 folders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apollo 13, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

This is pissing me off. I go to itunes and choose the folder 800AAAA which is where all my photos are at. We sync them to my phone and the folder pops up along with the other folder called "photo library". This is pissing me off since this is taking up more storage on my phone and you can't even delete the photos because they aren't in the camera roll which is a stupid. How do I get rid of one of the folders?

2. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Photo Library does not double up your photo storage. It's a custom view of every photo you have on the phone... If you had photos divided into 5 or 6 folders, you'd be able to browse them all the the special Photo Library folder.

3. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

the problem is when I open up photos I get this

Camera Roll
    Photo library (119)
    800AAAA (119)

800AAA is the name of the folder all my pics and videos are at on my PC. I don't want all 3 different things when I click on photos app. I want one of them off.

4. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Yah. You can't as far as I can tell.

5. Apollo 13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

even restored my phone and the crap won't leave. I did look at the file size and compared it on my PC and noticed it's the same size, so at least it's not taking up double space. It just makes my phone photo icon a mess now. I don't know why Apple was thinking with this idea.