Trying to recover "date added" for all songs in itunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sparkss, Jun 5, 2012.

1. sparkss macrumors newbie

Hello, so recently I deleted some playlists off my iPhone in order to free up space for the time being and did not realize that Apple changed its iOS so that it deleted the playlists off my iTunes as well. When I did this before, it did not do that.

So in an attempt to recover my lost playlists I moved my iTunes Library.itl and iTunes Library.xml to the desktop and then when I reopened iTunes I clicked import playlist and imported the iTunes Library.xml on the desktop.

It reimported all my songs, but it didn't even recover the playlists I was trying to gain again. In addition now all my "date added" is today date's which is not very useful to me considering a lot of my playlists are organized by the date added feature. It kept all other things (ratings, date modified, play count, everything except date added)

Is there anyway to get the date added back for all my songs? I still have the itunes library.itl and itunes library.xml that I moved to the desktop in the first place on the desktop.

Thanks.

2. dknightd macrumors 6502

Put your old itunes.itl back where it was.

If you have backups of the xml file, you may be able to recover your playlistsfrom that