Trying to understand the science behind solar cells and dc motors.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GD0X, Sep 5, 2012.

1. GD0X Guest

so i'm in college; aside from learning material for my finance major, i've decided i would teach myself ideas and concepts that have always interested me.... from computers and technology to names and pieces of famous artwork.
    for my first question, can someone explain how brushless dc motors operate... how stuff works and everything on the first page of google all explain the same, in the exact same way... not helpful.

also, im having more luck understanding solar cells.
    but confused on one aspect.
    so silicon is doped with phosphorus or boron. Phosphorus for the "n" type, and boron for the "p" type. Photons hit the phosphorus silicon, knocking the free election off, forcing it into the boron doped silicon. i understand this movement between the two creates the electrical charge, but i part i dont understand follows.... Unless im unaware of an "intake" per say, wouldn't the electrons from the phosphorus doped silicon eventually run out, leaving the solar cell incapable of producing a charge?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Brushless motors arnt rocket science the descriptions your finding are all the same because there really is nothing more to say!

As your your solar issue. No - the electrons travel round the electrical circuit and are returned!