Trying to unlock the carrier on a Jailbroken Iphone 4 baseband 4.12.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by talysadele, May 20, 2012.

1. talysadele macrumors newbie

talysadele

Hey guys,

Basically i recently purchased a Iphone 4 ios 5.1, baseband 4.12.01 off eBay. It was listed as locked but i assumed that because i am resonably tech savvy i would be able to unlock it myself, it's locked to Orange mobile uk and i am in Australia (tried calling Orange customer service but you need a Orange mobile number to get through to an operator). I also considered that it might be a blacklisted phone but i checked the IMEI and it said that it was not blocked.

ANYWAY long story short i Jailbroke it using redsn0w 09.10b6 for Windows and that went fine, i then downloaded SAM through Cydia and tried all the different methods you can use with SAM to unlock the carrier but none of them worked. I also tried Jailbreakme.com on a whim but it said that it wasn't available for my Iphone.

I am aware that there is a newer version of redsn0w, do you think that would make a difference?
    Would downgrading my baseband help at all?

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why don't you just call them and ask them to unlock it for you? Is Orange stingy about that like AT&T?

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You are stuck on 4.12.01 as it is unlockable.

Jailbreaking and unlocking are two seperate issues.

Next time do some research, you now have an expensive ipod.
    Only thing you can do is convince Orange to unlock it or wait for Applenberry to develop a Gevey SIM interposer which covers 4.12.01.

SAM method was closed by apple witin 10 days an BB cannot be downgraded.

4. talysadele thread starter macrumors newbie

talysadele

It wasn't particularly expensive but i guess i will just resell it, thanks to eBay.

Thanks anyways!

5. Boldoo macrumors newbie

It's can unlock your idevice.

http://www.globalmall.hk/views.asp?hw_id=1063

http://www.globalmall.hk/views.asp?hw_id=1063