Tuesday's Plans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Some of the networks plan on covering the election on Tuesday. Will you be glued to the TV watching the election or will you wait till Wednesday morning to hear the results ?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Listen on and off until I go to sleep. I'm sure I'll check it when I wake up in the
    Middle of the night to pee. Then, I'll either go back to sleep or sit in a corner and cry.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

My ass will be firmly planted on the couch in front of the T.V. until my dog barks to go out.

I may not stay up to see results from west coast house and senate races, but I will be staying up until the presidential election is called.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Some? All the major ones with news bureaus will be covering it!

To your question though...Both.

Just like I do every election, (yes, even the midterms!) I will be on the couch watching the results as they come in. And crossing my fingers.

But TV news only talks about the big national stuff, so I will flip to my local news at 11pm to see what is going on with state races and ballot measures.

But even that will not give the full picture. I will have to wait until the next day or two to find out what happened in local races for mayor, city council, etc. from local newspapers.

5. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yes I am a total political junkie on election nights. I will be burning my pathetic DSL down with as many of my devices connected to my WiFi as I can make room for on the coffee table.

Will be glued to my laptop for sure and I like having some live stream commentary up on an iPad sometimes, like NYT or PBS since I don't have a television. Meanwhile skipping around twitter-provided links on other laptop.

The trick is to not stay up late Monday, and not get up too early Tuesday; if I manage that then I'm good until they call it, or until they say they can't... God I hope it's not one of those.

Sometimes I hang out way late even if top line is called early. This year I will want to know about the Senate races, if Nevada is close then I could be up pretty late and there are some progressives in Congressional races on the West Coast.

Local PBS for Congressional details upstate, twitter feed of my local paper for the really local stuff.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But what if the agony is yours?!

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I'll be glued to my computer, constantly refreshing the page as the results come in. If Trump wins... no clue what the hell i'll do from there.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We get to watch that too. And commiserate even if we like the other candidate.

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I'm voting before work, coming home from work at 7 and staying up until the results are in. No way I can sleep with something like that up in the air.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah I'm trying not to think about that.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

You will prosper.

13. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

I am a political junkie and usually watch as the results come in. I'm working as a poll worker and will have to wait till I get home as we're anticipating working till at least 11 pm. The school acting as our poll site has a new extension and a TV in the old polling site. If possible, I'll see if the Election Coordinator will allow it to be turned on after voters have left.

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

I've prospered under Obama.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm busy all day Monday, and I don't know what I'm doing on Tuesday yet. I've already had confirmation from some shrouded people who have already selected the winner so I'm not too stressed now.

16. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Seeing that i am a hated minority, i highly doubt that.

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I protest voted..

18. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Life will go on just fine for me either way. I'm not tied into a party or a particular candidate.

I think both are pretty bad choices, just one a little worse than the other.

So I lose either way.

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My wife will be glued to the TV. I'll be in my office playing some escapism game and emerge about 9PM to get the good/bad news or at least first read.

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Getting stoned. Ordering pizza and watching the "walls" come crumbling down .

:D

21. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Hopefully I'll drive about 650 miles, then stop and get a nap. Then walk into the truck stop with popcorn, candy, and drink and watch until I get too tired. Hopefully by that time, the major race will be called.

22. hiddenmarkov macrumors 6502a

That's the sad thing about this election. No matter who wins, we all lose. Only way out is if by some miracle a lot of people put the same name if they use their write in name option. Not betting the bill money on that happening personally.

this will happen Wednesday morning in japan, plans will be to work the day as usual, maybe hit cnn once in a while. You get used to the time shifts. we don't have Super bowl Sunday here. That goes Monday morning, again usually at work. Monday night football...yeah its Tuesday morning football here lol.

23. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

As usual I will stay up until 11 PM (EST) or so and then go to bed. I won't loose any sleep, that's for sure. 5 AM have to get up to go to work.

24. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Thinking of making lasagna from scratch. I've got quite a bit of semolina that I need to use up.

25. werked macrumors regular

werked

I've got to work four 12s this week, days. Wish I was working nights so I could follow it. If it's called before midnight maybe I'll catch it, otherwise I'll catch it on Fox News Sirius/xm on my way to work.