Tulsi Gabbard Scores Breakout Performance in First Democratic Debate

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/tulsi-gabbard-scores-breakout-performance-in-first-democratic-debate/?fbclid=IwAR0rTyz4xZLIKrhch9IRef40GKnLW_j2vri9eO2V2lJa64VExTDiv_gM9Go
On Wednesday night, the first round of the Democratic primary debates began. While Thursday night’s debate features bigger names, such as Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, there was still some excitement over the first one. Undoubtedly, some voters simply wanted to find out – what exactly is a Jay Inslee?

There may not have been any fireworks, and the most memorable part of the whole debate could very well have been when Lester Holt’s hot mic caused issues, but Wednesday night’s debate brought visibility to candidates who are struggling in the polls. Even though it’s still early, it seems Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii scored the biggest advantage.
THE ONLY democrat worth voting for.

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
How’s her position on Trumps tax cuts, military budgets, Iran deal and firearms?

Also, is she another (I’m going to tax the hell out of you) free universal healthcare/green deal democrat?

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Here's a disturbing group that agrees with you...
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/06/tulsi-gabbard-debate-alt-right/
The internet far-right thinks Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard stole the show during Wednesday’s Democratic presidential debate.

High-profile right-wing and alt-right internet trolls like Jack Posobiec, fellow Pizzagater Mike Cernovich, and Infowars‘ Paul Joseph Watson praised Gabbard on Twitter for her performance alongside nine other candidates on the Miami stage.

Cernovich called Gabbard the “breakthrough star of the night,” while Posobiec retweeted a post calling for “a movement to push Trump to hire Tulsi Gabbard as Secretary of State.” (Documents leaked this week show that Gabbard, who served in Iraq, was considered by the Trump transition as a possible Secretary of Veterans Affairs.)

A flash poll posted by the right-leaning Drudge Report marked Gabbard as the winner. While such surveys are statistically meaningless, the morning after the debate Watson tweeted, referencing the poll: “Leftists are FURIOUS Tulsi Gabbard won the debate. She was the only authentic person on that stage. What does that tell you? #Drudge”.

Users on the notoriously racist and sexist message boards 8chan and 4chan, which both serve as internet hubs for far-right trolls, voiced their support for Gabbard on debate night. In 8chan’s overall discussion thread for the event, Gabbard was mentioned far more than any other candidate. Users on 4chan also made several discussion threads dedicated to Gabbard’s night at the debate, affectionately referring to her as “mommy.”
Interestingly...
Trolls have been attracted by her isolationist views and her willingness to criticize Israel, a country they believe Trump and other politicians have been too cozy with, along with her accusation earlier this year that Democrats participated in “religious bigotry” during their questioning of a Trump judicial nominee.
Doesn't that make her anti semitic like the other women who criticize Israel?

But support for Gabbard in such circles has somewhat faded in the face of a number of other Democratic candidates, including Andrew Yang, who has also caught the attention of segments of the far-right internet troll bloc. Like Gabbard, Yang’s relatively unconventional policies (namely his $1,000 monthly universal basic income proposal) have been attractive to 8chan and 4chan users as well as to personalities on the alt-right, including white nationalist Nick Fuentes, who feel like Trump didn’t come through for them. Yang has repeatedly disavowed their support as he’s tried to carve out his own base of support.

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
I seriously doubt Dem primary voters will actually give her a boost in the polls. Especially once they see that so much of this conversation is driven by right-wing/GOP/Wackadoodle trolls. She's sitting at about 1%. A brief doubling or tripling of her numbers means nothing. Especially if comes at the expense of those in the same boat as she is.

IMO, Julian Castro probably boosted his image and standing the most during the debate -- at least among the bottom-dwellers. Time will tell how any of this plays out. Especially with expectations that night #2 of this first round of debates is expected to be more contentious with "bigger names" involved.

Reactions: JayMysterio

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Oh.

My bad, I didn't realize the article was ABOUT THAT.

I see why you're focusing on that now, instead of the considerable amount of space about internet trolls & racists.
seems Obama turned all "liberals" into neocons since it appears only internet trolls & racist are anti war now........

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
seems Obama turned all "liberals" into neocons since it appears only internet trolls & racist are anti war now........
You can be anti-war without siding with Assad and refusing to acknowledge that he used chemical weapons on his own citizens.

This is all a moot discussion. She has no more realistic chance of winning the nomination than you or me.

glindon

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2014
Phoenix
As I said in the other thread, she is the only D candidate who could potentially beat Trump.
In a debate against Trump she would get slaughtered. She doesn’t have any of the X-factor debating qualities of Trump. Just watch the old republican debates with Trump and then contrast that with Tulsi’s performance.
[doublepost=1561677494][/doublepost]
You can be anti-war without siding with Assad and refusing to acknowledge that he used chemical weapons on his own citizens.

This is all a moot discussion. She has no more realistic chance of winning the nomination than you or me.
The same people who said Assad used chemical weapons are the same people who told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. It very well may be true but there’s no way to know for sure. The realist in me says that if most of the “talking heads” are saying it’s true and beating war drums then there’s a good chance it’s not true.

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
List the reasons why you think so?
Because she's the only one who sees through the neoliberal lies and appreciates Bashar al Assad as a member of the healing professions.

He's actually an ophthalmologist, but...

Admiral

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2015
As I said in the other thread, she is the only D candidate who could potentially beat Trump.
Both of you are wrong. Gabbard and John Delaney are the only Democrats worth voting for. Delaney is the only one who could possibly beat Trump. But as no communist party would nominate either one of those two, the point is, as Mr. Zhlubb says, moot.

Bug-Creator

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2011
Germany
is the only one who could possibly beat Trump.
Tell us more of your findings.

communist party
fail....

Anybody that thinks DEMs == communist has obviously not the slightest clue and therefore no authority to predict whom the 80% of US voters not deep down the same rabbit hole would consider a viable candidate.

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Here's a disturbing group that agrees with you...
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/06/tulsi-gabbard-debate-alt-right/

Interestingly...

Doesn't that make her anti semitic like the other women who criticize Israel?
Hmm just because some nutbars like her (so they say for now, I think they hate other candidates more) doesn't mean Ms. Gabbard would agree with or accept their support.

In any case, as an outsider the only Dems I'd like to see go up against Trump are Sanders and either Gabbard or Warren. Biden is a losing proposition.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Hmm just because some nutbars like her (so they say for now, I think they hate other candidates more) doesn't mean Ms. Gabbard would agree with or accept their support.

In any case, as an outsider the only Dems I'd like to see go up against Trump are Sanders and either Gabbard or Warren. Biden is a losing proposition.
Absolutely no one has said she accepts or agrees with those individuals. The point being made though is for those of you proclaiming that Gabbard was a breakout star or she's the only one you'd vote for, are individuals that the democratic party isn't reaching for. The interests of those imagining Gabbard is the one for them, aren't exactly the individuals that will bring the democratic party numbers, or even align with the core tenets of the party.

When asked & ( rarely it seems ) answered as to why those of you think Gabbard is the one, you'll notice those answers are not ones that energize the democratic base. Why in the world then, anyone along that line of thinking, thinks their imaginings are relevant is baffling, in regards to 'electable' democratic candidates.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
The same people who said Assad used chemical weapons are the same people who told us Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. It very well may be true but there’s no way to know for sure. The realist in me says that if most of the “talking heads” are saying it’s true and beating war drums then there’s a good chance it’s not true.
This is false.

UN officials on Iraq and WMD:

• Mohamed ElBaradei, head of the IAEA, told the U.N. Security Council in late January 2003 that, “We have to date found no evidence that Iraq has revived its nuclear weapon program since the elimination of the program in the 1990’s.” He also “put the kibosh” on the administration’s charge that Iraq was seeking aluminum tubes for nuclear weapon development. Eleven days before the invasion, he repeated his assertion that there was absolutely no evidence of an Iraqi nuclear program.
  • Scott Ritter, who was chief weapons inspector in Iraq in 1991 and 1998, added this, about the world’s intelligence agencies: “[W]e knew that while we couldn’t account for everything that the Iraqis said they had destroyed, we could only account for 90 to 95 percent, we knew that: (a) we had no evidence of a retained capability and, (b) no evidence that Iraq was reconstituting. And furthermore, the C.I.A. knew this. The British intelligence knew this; Israeli intelligence knew this; German intelligence. The whole world knew this.”
Link

UN investigations of chemical weapons attacks in Syria, on the other hand, concluded that the chemical weapons used on Syrians were deployed by the Syrian army.

Link

Reactions: ronntaylor

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Question about thread title: with who?

Based on this definitive statement?
it seems Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii scored the biggest advantage.
[doublepost=1561729908][/doublepost]
Lol. I’d comment more if I was not concerned about forum moderation.

Reactions: JayMysterio

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Question about thread title: with who?

Based in this definitive statement?
it seems Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii scored the biggest advantage.
Yeah, that was my question.

I see now though, more of the right leaning side of the political fence has jumped on the Gabbard bandwagon with Faux News & the Post doing duplicate stories again, and more discussing a Drudge report poll on democratic candidate. o_O

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/27/18761038/tulsi-gabbard-democratic-debate-rise
None of this means that Gabbard is a serious contender. She clashed with fellow Democrats by being critical of President Obama’s foreign policy, saying that his administration “refuses to recognize” that “radical Islam” is responsible for terrorism. And ever since, she’s branded herself as being among the most hawkish Democrats when it comes to terrorism. She’s also been criticized for expressing support for Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.

What we can take from this is that this heightened interest in Gabbard might not have come from nowhere.