Turkey calls US 'wild wolves', vows to abandon dollar in trade

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Sep 3, 2018.

1. darksithpro, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018

darksithpro macrumors 6502a

2. cube macrumors P6

- They are in NATO
    - They are a partner of the EU
    - They don't sell oil

3. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Turkey is not a major oil producer, nor are they a major trade partner for the USA, so this has little impact.

Wake me up when Saudi Arabia finally abandons the petro-dollar. Now that would be world-changing. :D

4. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Hmm... wolves eat turkey... should work out fine. :D

5. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

Iraq and Libya. Someone went after both leaders executed in Iraq and Libya. Rothschild does not like people that go against their Dollar. You also notice what happens to Gold and Silver during those times? You talk about manipulation

6. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

7. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

And who went after the Turkish Lira? The currency did not drop for no reason

8. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I say we carve up the Turkey this coming Thanksgiving. One slice for Iraq. A compensatory slice for Syria. A small token gesture-of-peace-overture slice for Iran. A good-sized chunk for Armenia. And a big 20 oz. meaty portion to create the Secular Republic of Kurdistan, long overdue.

9. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL, c'mon! I thought the Dems where anti-war.:p

10. cube macrumors P6

11. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I'm not a Dem. Never have been.

As for Turkey….. their (current) ruler is just as heinous and nasty and autocratic as the US Racist-in-Chief. Erdogan deserves what's coming to him, as with all tyrants.

12. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea, I kinda figured this. Usually those who oppose the USD/US usually end up "gone" after a while. Weather it be a coup, or an "accident" something usually happens.

13. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

I think most rulers are Tyrants these days. One pretty much needs to be a tyrant to make it to the top. Look at Putin,Xi Jinping,Kim,Trump,Netanyahu,Duarte and the list goes on..

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Rothschild was a nineteenth century Jewish banker...

15. Solomani, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018

Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

I don't disagree there.

But Erdogan is two evil things by the nature of his recent actions: #1) he is a tyrant. #2) he is an expansionist invader.

#1. Tyrant is a ruler that is harsh and oppressive towards his own people. He cares more about his ambition and legacy than caring about the good of the people.

#2. Expansionist (imperialist) invader. This is someone who militarily invades, threatens, occupies and oppresses his neighbors. The Turkish army had no legitimate reason to adventure into Iraq, they had no business to occupy parts of Syria. The Hague should indict Erdogan for bombing, terrorizing and shelling Kurdish enclaves outside of Turkey.

Then again, you could say that we have our own American baby-tyrant. And that our own American baby-tyrant is cozy with foreign Expansionists/Imperialists/Meddlers (e.g. Israel, Saudi Arabia are just as guilty in their proxy wars).

16. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Poor Turkey, Russia & Iran gonna bomb Idlib soon.

17. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

This is true, he is definitely no angel. I also don’t agree with everything he does.

18. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Right. Bombing foreign countries is something the USA would never countenance.

20. stylinexpat macrumors 65816

stylinexpat

They all seems to bomb these days quite a lot more often than the old days. Each country seems to be doing so in their own interests. They only complain when it is not in their own interests. Funny thing is the country America is against (China) in this case has not really been bombing others around the world.

21. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Another country daring to abandon the dollar? Erdogan’s days are numbered.

22. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Who are you referring to here?

23. FrenchRoasted macrumors regular

Then would you agree the US has NO ***** BUSINESS getting involved with "carving up Turkey"?
    The US can rant and rave, invade/destroy 3rd rate countries, but the writing is on the wall. The dollar standard is a dead fiat walking. It's not going to be very pretty over here in a couple of years.

24. Krayzkat Suspended

Unless you are a day trader, for long term investing ditching the US dollar is going to every wise

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The WWJC™ of course.