Turn iPhone off on lockscreen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rogier1991, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Rogier1991 macrumors member

I do not (yet) have an iPhone. Is it possible to turn the phone off on the lock screen, so you dont have to enter your password or use your fingerprint first and then turn the phone off?

2. Iceboie macrumors member

Yes you can, don't setup a pass code or fingerprint in the general settings menu.

3. bettercallsaul macrumors member

Yes you can turn off from lock screen you just have to hold power button.

4. Rogier1991 thread starter macrumors member

Would it not be better to turn off this feature? If the iPhone gets stolen, the thief could not turn it off because he needs a passcode or fingerprint. With find my iPhone the phone keeps longer traceable with that way...

5. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

They could also just stick in a metal box, briefcase, hell most trunks are metal enough all around to kill signal until battery drops off.

Pointless bandaid that accomishes nothing.

6. bettercallsaul macrumors member

Not every thief is clever most are uneducated.

7. Rogier1991 thread starter macrumors member

Turning off the feature to turn off the phone without having to enter a passcode or fingerprint would be a great step. The phone then keeps sending a signal until it is in a metal box. Like now, the phone can be turned off by the thief immediately.

8. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

At some point, someone will turn the iPhone on, whether it is the thief or an unsuspecting buyer, and will connect to the internet unless cellular data is turned off (i.e. Airplane mode).

If you've put your iPhone in lost mode on find my iPhone app, it should lock it when it connects to the internet.

9. c613m macrumors 6502

c613m

I can see what you're getting at and that could work. But for SIM cards, all the would be thief needs to do is remove it and you can no longer track it. But with the Find my iPhone activation feature, I'm not sure what good our phones are to thieves.